Very Risky! - New York, NY

I had 3 rounds of injections last year and the...

I had 3 rounds of injections last year and the doctor injected too much in several areas giving me bumps all over my face! My face looked very bumpy and all the subsequent doctors i saw said it was obvious i had silicone injected. I finally had to get the bumps surgically excised- one on my left cheek, 4 on my right cheek, and one on my forehead. Thank god all but one improved which i'll likely have to live with. Anyway i would certainly not recommend silicone because there is very little room for error and if you do have complications they will be difficult to manage.

New York Dermatologist

would you mind sharing the name of the doc who removed your silicone
dr. brent moelleken
Hi Pezz, did you let Dr. Barnett know about the bumps? I was looking into this treatment as well, do you know if it was because too much was injected or because your body had a reaction to it? How big were the bumps? Thanks!
yes i let her know but didnt go to her office to get them treated. The bumps were due to overinjection, they were not granulomas or anything.

Thank you very much for sharing your unfortunate story. Were you left with scars from the excisions?

yes but they are small flat linear scars which look much better than the bumps i had. I made sure i did everything to help them heal properly and kept them taped for 6 weeks.

I'm so glad that it was a worthwhile trade for you. This probably sounds like a stupid question, but when you say you taped them I'm assuming you mean with a bandage type tape to keep the incisions tightly closed, is that correct?

exactly, i used steri-strips.

Great, thanks for filling me in. :)