Shocked by the Reviews and So Happy with Invisalign - New Windsor, NY

Well over a week ago I started with my first...

Well over a week ago I started with my first invisalign trays. I must say that I made the mistake of reading all the previous reviews the day before I was to receive my invisalign. I was so worried that I was about to embark on a very painful experience. I mentioned to my orthodontist the next day about what I read. How people reported that when they received their invisaligns they experienced excruciating pain. He was stunned and told me none of his patients ever experience any terrible pain. Some complained of mild discomfort upon the first few days of a new set of trays being worn and that was all.

So I had my first trays top & bottom put on at 1030am, worrying that my teeth were going to be terribly uncomfortable. So I took motrin 600mg to be on the safe side. Any pain? NONE!!!Absolutley nothing to it. My speech had a slight lisp for one day, but no pain at all. I was stunned! I had slight discomfort from one of the trays rubbing on my cheek,but that was gone after 24 hrs. It just takes time for you mouth to adjust to something new being in it 22+ hours per day. I am thrilled with them. You can hardly notice them and they are very easy to pop in and out. Yes they have to be in 22+ hrs a day,but I will tell you I have completely cut out snacking and am thrilled with the weight loss. So hopefully you won't be scared off by all those other reviews, because I will tell you that if I had read them prior to already having paid for mine I probably wouldn't have gotten them. So I urge you to talk to your orthodontist. I wonder if that has a lot to do with the bad painful reviews on here. My bottom teeth are a mess and I am doing fine.

Also someone on here mentioned you should soak them in denture solution. DON'T! It is clearly stated in the invisalign handbook that denture products can damage them. I just take mine out rinse them and then always floss and brush before putting them back in. I also brush them with my toothbrush and make sure they are spotless before putting them back in. I haven't had any problem with odor or discoloration. I drink lots of water while they are in and that is it. No eating or drinking anything other than water while they are in. Hope this helps. Tray #2 goes in on Tuesday. I will comment again should anything change.

Newburgh Orthodontist

That is awesome to hear that you haven't had much discomfort while getting use to your trays. I know some people have mentioned that they have been started out with "trainer trays", trays that are not actively moving their teeth, but are meant to help them get used to wearing Invisalign before the discomfort of the tooth movement is put into the equation. Do you happen to know if you were given active trays right away, or if your doctor uses the trainer trays?