Exicision of Melanoma - New York, NY

Referred by my regular dermatologist. Procedure...

Referred by my regular dermatologist. Procedure was excision of melanoma.

Manhattan Dermatologist

Overall, a real professional. As a lay administrator I have overseen scores of doctors; Ron Shelton is rigorous, careful, responsive, insightful, and adheres to the highest professional standards.

I never worry about scars - internal or external. Some fade, some harden, some just sit there like a key to the palimpsest of your past.

With melanoma, it's more like dodging bullets, and the scar is not what you think about.

PG
dear Britt -

Little round blob on surface came out, but longish horizontal incision (and therefore scar) to help it stay sewn up and heal afterwards. Report from the lab: looks like they got it all.

But as you know: there are no sure things in that business.

Thanks for caring.

And keep the aspidistra flying,

P.

Well, I'm glad they got what looks like it all. Are you doing something for the scar or will it just kind of fade?

HI Poppa,

Oh my, I'm so sorry, but very glad they caught it early and that you are ok. What exactly did the excavation require, and did they get everything?

Happy Holidays,

-Britt

Britt - I had a melanoma, skin cancer, on my back. Was spotted by my regular dermatologist, she sent me to Dr. Shelton for the excavation. So not good for my skin -- good for my survival!

Keep the aspidistra flying,

PG

Hi Poppa,

I'm not sure I understand your post, why did your dermatologist recommend it, how did it help your skin?

Thanks,