Great African American Rhinoplasty Surgeon! - New York, NY

I am a 27 year old, African American female from...

I am a 27 year old, African American female from the Midwest and I just recently had a rhinoplasty procedure performed on February 9, 2012. I had known for a long time that I wanted to have the procedure done to correct a bump in the bridge of my nose, reduce the width of my nose, as well as to refine my down-turned nasal tip. This was an operation that I was not going to trust to just anybody, so I spent countless hours researching and looking for a surgeon who had significant experience working with African American patients.

Because I live several hours from NYC, I could not easily go in for a face-to –face consultation with Dr. S. This was not a problem, as I was able to arrange a phone consultation. Prior to the phone consultation, I sent Dr. S. some headshots and explained my problem areas. He was able to computer-image the photos and provide me with an idea of what I could expect in terms of results. Additionally, during the phone consultation he addressed all of my concerns regarding the procedure, expected recovery time, etc. I probably had a list of 30 some odd questions, and he answered them all with patience and a level of knowledge/ confidence that definitely helped to alleviate any apprehension I had up until that time.

Also, I think it’s important to mention that Dr. Slupchynskyj has an excellent staff, and the patient-care coordinator that I worked with went above and beyond to ensure that I had a pleasant experience throughout the entire process. The surgery and recovery went as well as can be expected, and the results far exceeded my expectations! I was so ecstatic when the splint was removed to see how natural my new nose looked. It doesn’t look like I had a “nose job”. I have since returned home and to work and no one has noticed that I had anything done. The few friends that I did tell about the procedure have all commented about how lovely my nose looks now, but also agree that it looks so natural it would be hard to tell if they were otherwise unaware.

To make a long story short, I would enthusiastically recommend Dr. Oleh Slupchynskyj to anyone, but more specifically, if you are African American and looking for a highly-qualified surgeon, he is your man! For me, it was important to find someone who was going to do it right the first time, because you always hear these horror stories about people needing revision rhinoplasty surgeries. It was well worth the effort to pursue a surgeon who may not have been the closest in proximity, but definitely delivered the results I was hoping to achieve. Dr. S. is the best!

New York Facial Plastic Surgeon

I am so thankful to have come across Dr. Oleh Slupchynskyj of The Aesthetic Institute of New York and New Jersey. “Dr. S” (as I like to call him for obvious reasons, haha) is a double board certified facial plastic surgeon, and it turns out he has an entire website dedicated to his work with African American patients: www.africanamericanrhinoplasty.com . I was immediately impressed with the wealth of information that he has on his site, including information about his practice, his stellar credentials, his surgical inventions (i.e. the Slup implant) and scientific presentations, but most importantly, several before and after photos of African American patients he has worked with in the past.

I'm thrilled for you that you had a good result! Thank you for sharing here on RealSelf.