No Noticeable Improvement from Oracea

Have tried Oracea for two months now. I have...

Have tried Oracea for two months now. I have severe redness, spider veins and ocular rosacea. I have not gotten any noticeable improvement in my skin or eyes (which feel stinging, burning sensations all the time) as of yet. We will see if the Derm says I should keep taking it or not. I have had no side effects from it. Luckily, the Dr. gave me a RX card for Oracea for $25 a month - without the card the pharmacist told me it would be over $300/month!

So far, a disappointment for me. I will post again if there is any future improvement from it.

Hi golfoosh, I've been taking Oracea for a month for rosacea (mostly redness and acne rosacea with some ocular rosacea).  It seems to help a bit, although I have to be careful about the triggers (hot beverages, stress, and alcohol).

Are you making certain to take it on an empty stomach? 1 hour before meals or 2 hours after?  That's the hardest part about taking it for me.

I'm planning on getting V-beam to see if that helps the redness.  Best wishes.

I think I have a small improvement, but not a great one. Going to ask my Derm whether he thinks I should continue with it or not.

Just wondering if you ever saw improvement from it?

I am still taking Oracea, though I am not really...

I am still taking Oracea, though I am not really certain how much it is helping my rosacea symptoms. If it helps stop it from getting worse, it is still worth it to me. The Dermatologist thinks I should continue it for the time being. So I will.

Have you looked into V Beam?  It just had it a week ago.  While the bruising hasn't gone away, the worst of my rosacea doesn't seem to flare up any more.  I'm going to need at least another session because there were some areas on the margin that didn't get hit.  Apparently it usually takes 2-4 sessions for full results.  I'll keep updating my review and will post more photos as it heals.

If you're using metrogel you might want to switch to metrocream.  The alcohol in the gel base makes my rosacea flare, so I got a new perscription.

Also, I've found that Aveeno Eczema Cream is the best moisturizer for me.  I've had eczema since I was a kid and one of the doctors here commented that an eczema treatment seemed to help rosacea.  I tried it on my rosacea and it is more soothing than Cetaphil, CeraVe, Toleraine and everything else I've tried.

Dr. Madhok

He is kind and caring. Has many years of experience in Dermatology.