Laser tattoo removal :) - Northcote, AU

Hi everyone my names Tamara im 22 years old. Im...

Hi everyone my names Tamara im 22 years old. Im writing this honest review to help people if they are considering Laser Tattoo Removal. After continuously looking about finding the right tattoo removal place. I found one, yay!.... Im starting my first tattoo removal session at a new place that just opened, Palmers Laser Tattoo Removal in High street, Northcote.

Its amazing how the universe works when you want something...i was finishing dinner at Coco inc celebrating an early mothers day with my family when i walked past the new Tattoo removal store, i couldnt believe they opened one on high street in Northcote.
Then i was lyk wtff? i have to check this place out.
Also i had a general good feeling about the place which is a good sign.

So anyway today i went there today because i called a laser tattoo removal place in the city and they didnt answer their damn phone so i was lyk whatever so unprofessional, im going to the new store i saw in Northcote.

So i went there and i was greeted straight away which was very nice and filled in their form, then went to have my test patches done. All in a hour. I was a little bit worried about what laser they were using but it definitely worked when we did the test patch.
It really hurt! its like getting hot frying pan oil splattered on your arm! but after he put the cooling on it didn't hurt so much. It was cool to look at the two frosted patches. And the frosting went away within 30 mins now its two bumps but i know that u have to wait a few days for your immune system to eat the tattoo ink, so im chill.

So i booked my session for next week which is $200 for me i would pay that its better than having this tattoo on my arm and its not lyk u get it done every week, you wait 4-6 weeks after each session.

About my tattoo.
The old tattoo is the heart and rose in the middle, which started
off as red now 3 years later its pink which is good.
The UV from sun exposure sped the process up. I love tanning myself :p

My new tattoo is the cross and the surrounding area.
Worst mistake i made was going to the tattoo place to add more tattoos to the small one. Its to big for my small arms. I liked my shoulders they way they were before. Also that was their tattoo design not mine that i wanted to do.

I learned my lesson no more tattoos for me! especially when i learned of the long process and sessions of getting it removed, not to mention the pain aswell!

If your going to get a tattoo make sure its small and in a place where no one can see it and get it in black or red.
They are the easiest colors to remove with laser tattoo removal.

Anyway i will keep you updated with my Laser tattoo removal session next week. :)

1 Week since Laser Tattoo Removal 1rst session

Okay so i went to my first session, they put the topical anesthetic cream on which dosent really do much it just helps to numb your skin a little. Left it on for 40 mins and then i got lasered.

Im pretty brave, and i know it had to be done so its better to just grit your teeth through it because it hurts alot!

The upside is its very quick when the laser goes over it. It took maybe 3 mins to do the whole tattoo, but i needed 3 breaks, because it was so painful.

It was worth it looking over to my tattoo and seeing it all frosted over. The only colours that still kindof poked through was the green and red but it definitely lightened which was a good sign.

Was so happy when the cooling machine, cooled my arm down. It was so nice and it made the pain go quickly. I was lykkk 'ahhhhhh so nice' and the guys lyk ' dont want to leave it on ur arm for too long its -35 its will freeze your arm' and in my mind im lyk 'shutup and keep doing that it feels good'

So after he bandaged it up and put tape around my arm. Then i went home and 30 mins after the frosting goes away and that kindof annoyed me coz u feel like nooo i wat to see the frosting because it looks like the ink has gone and i can show ppl the results. But its normal for the frosting to go away and to have the normal tattoo ink show its just part of the process.

Within 1-3 days the whole tattoo is swollen and it will feel bumpy.
Just leave it and try not to scratch.
So its been about a week and its been really itchy and all the black ink which was bumpy has hardened for some reason i dont know why.

So i will show you two photos, one 30 mins after my treatment and another 1 week now.

3 week after 1rst session

Okay so its been about 3 weeks and my tattoo has fully healed over and when i run my hands over my tattoo its nice to feel very soft skin like the other parts of my arm.

As for the fading, i dont think it has faded that much. I can see some difference with the black some parts dissapeared but other parts are still there. The coloured parts have lightened but only a little.

Also because i have been going out every weekend and drinking, dosent help your immune system. Although i noticed when i did really long exercise workouts my tattoo seemed to heal faster and when i didn't exercise it was healing slower.

The tattoo looks pretty much the same as the last photo i put up, but theres no cracks in it its fully healed now.

Honestly just by looking at what the first session had done over the last few weeks.
I already know how many sessions i will need to fully remove the black ink and the other colours. My guess is:

Black ink- 4 sessions
Brown ink- 6 sessions
Red-8 sessions
Green-10 sessions

So that's kind of disappointing to see how many sessions i will need but im not giving up and i know that i have to keep going. And i cant make a judgment on 1 session i need to have maybe 3 sessions to decide if this is worth it.

Anyway my 2nd session is in 2 weeks, so ill be dying to go and see what happens after that session.

2nd session!

Hey everyone so before i went in and had my 2nd session.
I reviewed my before and after photos at the laser place and you can see a difference.
Ill put up the photos.

The first and second sessions i had they only target the black in at 1024 nm i think.
Thats why you can hardly see a major difference in the coloured ink.
It has targeted some of the coloured ink though for some reason which is a good thing.

So i had my second session and brought my friend maria along, she also has a tattoo on her back. After the session she said "Omg ive never seen you in so much pain tammy" and ive known her for almost 13 years so she would know lol then she was like "yeahh im never getting my tattoo removed" and knowing her well she dosent do well with pain.

So the guy told me that next session my 3rd session they will target the colour with a different wavelength and that most of the black will be gone. He said i will blister alot with this wavelength so kindof not looking forward to that but its got to be done. He said whatever you do dont touch the blisters, just let them heal.

So when i got home i formed blisters on the inside of my tattoo the part the heart and rose which is 4 years old strangely enough and hardly any blisters on the surrounding tattoo which is 5 months old.

Its been 5 days so far and i left the blisters alone. I sooo wanted to get a sewing needle and pop them to drain the fluid but i remembered what he said so i was lyk ehh just leave it. So glad i didnt touch them! coz now it went down and has healed nicely and formed a scab. The only problem with the blisters is it looks gross and i had to sleep on one side for 5 days until it healed, which wasnt so bad really.

I can say now, im so glad i started this journey with tattoo removal and that
it is worth it. Im already really happy when i wear a black dress and can see the colour difference its very faded and less intense. When i put mineral makeup over it you can hardly see it. Even without makeup looks so faded and i actually dont mind it now but ill see how it heals now and if i feel like getting the 3rd session done :)

3rd Laser Tattoo Removal Session- Colour treatment

Hey sorry for late reviews! lol i was in europe for 2 months with family. Ive been back for 1 month now.
So i let my tattoo get tanned in Italy and it was fine, didnt get any pigmentation which was good. Infact it helped it fade more.

I had the 3rd session yesterday. It wasnt as painful in my mind because ive had it done twice already.
So anyway this time they lasered allover the tattoo with a 1024nm for black but works well on most colours aswell. Thought it was over but then he had to treat the red and green colours.
Then the guy did a another wavelength for the red and he used another laser for the green. I was afraid at first i thought because its another wavelength it will hurt more but quite the opposite, it hurt a little but felt like fizzing on my skin and then the green laser didnt even feel it.

So today is the day after and i have 2 blisters one is huge and gross looking the other small, its really gross but i was expecting to have a gigantic blister so i was calm and knew not to pop it but i kindof cheated and got a needle and poked it hehe and now its just weeping. Its been weeping the whole day, really strange feeling leaking from the arm lol so u kindof have to wipe it alot.

I can see some of the red come out now on parts that had the blister ater my 2nd session and its become a light pink colour now! in the middle.

I cannot wait to show the pics after this has healed! my tattoo was even more faded after I went on holiday. So now i can imagine the results! :D so will keep u updated in the next 3 weeks

Day after 3rd Session

Really Gross i know but this is normal especially when u get the colour treated.

So how my tattoo is going now in 2014

Okay sorry i havent been on realself. I get pretty preoccupied with everything going on in life.
So anyway my blisters healed fine. The third session really took the colour out, the green, red and brown too on the cross. Its tanned over now.

Normally ur told not to go in the sun and to put suncreen over it, but since im tanned, i think its very abnormal to have a white tattoo patch on my skin dosent look nice and i was right i trusted my feelings and i didnt have any hyperpigmentation problems.

So i was supposed to have 2 sessions but atm i dont want to go back and laser my tattoo for a few reasons. Since ive had laser tattoo removal, ive noticed i have pimples on my neck and chin, around the lymph node areas and each time i get it done i can feel the ink toxins in my body circulating , i dont know how, but i feel weaker or something really strange and my neck area hurts.
Its not a major problem but i do worry about where the ink is going, because it cant get out and they dont tell you what chemicals are in the ink.

And its very expensive each session 6 weeks apart $200. Trying to save money atm, cant afford to spend money on something thats not urgent.

All i can do it stay as healthy as possible, i noticed i feel much better when i go jogging for long periods during the week. Also what im eating aswell, i cut out additives and preservatives in food as much as i can and my body feels much better and also be positive and happy because your soul/aura affects your body.

I dont know if im going to get another session for now im going to leave it.
I dont really notice my tattoo anymore, im so used to it being there and when i go out, i conceal it with mineral makeup is great! cant even see it.

So yeah why spend $200 every 6 weeks and risk more ink toxins going into my body, when i can just use $40 mineral makeup over it when i go out and it lasts for months and let my tattoo fade naturally with the sun and time. People dont even notice i have makeup on the tattoo, and they go wow is that a tattoo? its so faded!....

Tattoo comparison

From May 2013-February 2014. Three tattoo removal sessions :)
Palmers Laser tattoo Removal

Hey kittykat- it's weird b/c what you just blogged about (feeling weak etc) after a treatment is something that I have noticed thru my removal journey. It started around treatment #5 for me but I kept on going thinking "this may be my last one"...Regardless, I have done 9 treatments total and my tatt is pretty small (1.5") but still, I wanted to say I can relate to you. The pimple thing is something I have nvr experienced but that is so weird...for me it was more weakness and aches kinda thing...still kinda bugged me out tho. Perhaps we could PM more about this b/c this is something that I have had concerns about as well being that I am also very sensitive and in tune w/ my body and all I know is that I have just felt "weird" since treatments as well. I assume it is the ink toxins moving around but it still makes me wonder. Take some time and see if yr symptoms fade- mine have subsided as time has passed which is another reason I have taken up to 5mos b/w treatments at times. I hope you feel better; listening to yr body is highly underrated. Best of luck feeling better!
Thats interesting it not me imagining it then lol Yeah i felt the same. Thats heaps of sessions must be so faded :) Its good your tattoo is small, wont be as much ink coming into the body. Thanks yeah it must be the ink toxins, coz its just strange it starts happening straight after treatment and days after. So am i im sensitive aswell to everything, yeah mine went away after a week after treatment. Thanks yeah im feeling better im just a bit worried about getting another session done, but see how i feel in the future :p Thanks and i hope ur laser treatments are going well :)
Yr def not imagining it :) mine's def pretty much gone and although there is still a slight "ghost" left, I think i'm done w/ the laser...and if anything, maybe one more in a few months but that's it! I just think it's cool for me also to know that it's not all in my head head either, as none of the docs/techs ever mentioned this as a possible side effect/outcome. Like you I felt it the most the first few weeks after a session but time really does heal- I'm glad your symptoms went away and you are giving yrself and body time..laser will always be there. Best of luck to you and thanks for sharing yr experience :)
Hello! Wow your tattoo has faded a lot after just 3 sessions! Keep it up (: I want to sun tan too without covering the tattoo (use the sun to help fade it more) but my doctor told me to keep it covered with sun screen? Cause he says my tanned skin would compete with the tattoo for the laser. :/ Abit about myself, no matter how much I tan. Initially I would be real tan, but I would always get back to my usual skin colour. Haha! May I know what laser machine did you use? Picosure? Medlite c6? Would appreciate for you to reply! Thanks so much!
Thanks yeah its gotten rid of alot of the black a bit of the colour. I dunno yeah i didnt listen to the doctor i was lyk yeahh thats gonna look weird, so i went in the sun lol but i understand what doctor means because if the skin is white in that area, the laser can target the tattoo ink easier. Im not too sure what machine thats something i will have to find out :)
Looks great, was there orange blended in the roses?
Thanks im not too sure, ive forgotten already. Was may 2013 when i has the surrounding tattoo done.
great results. just goes to show the effectiveness of waiting long periods in between treatments. unfortunately, I didn't have the patience!
Thank you :) Yeah for this treatment, u need lots of patience. lol
The mineral makeup seems to be doing the trick. You can't see your tattoo. Good for you! If you're feeling "iffy" about the next session, then listen to your gut and don't do it.
I know really easy to cover up. Thanks, i just want to leave it for a while. Okay ofcourse :)
Hey, that clay time looks to do a pretty good job! Do you know if it comes in lighter shades? Also, does it stay put once on?
Yes they have lighter shades. I bought mine from a health store but u can buy them online aswell. Yeah it stays but if u rub hard on it will come off, its a natural product made from clay, made in Australia.
how is it going? That blister was quite something. I know that blackberry11 had blisters and her husband used a sterile hypodermic needle to suck out the fluid. The stretched skin can be quite painful. I hope it's going well. aloha...k
Yes they blisters were really gross and couldnt sleep on one side. It burst and got infected in the exposed area and had to get antibiotics to clear it up. I think a needle is fine to use on the blisters. Yes my arm has healed fine, although one thing i have noticed. I seem to be getting alot of pimples around the neck lymph nodes, since ive been doing tattoo removal so im a bit worried about where the ink is going lymph nodes. :)
and could you pretty please post some more updates ; im considering getting mine removed on my leg :) thanks
how long does it take for the bubble to go down?
Hiii...does the blisters appear.even if you are.trying to remove black ink... im awaiting for my 2nd session in abt 3weeks time... can u pls let me know what should be waiting for....pls let me know...im kinda worried

Ya it's huge, I get some like that too :(  It's so hard not to poke em!

I know its weird having a huge bubble on ur arm lol my tattoo has healed now. Will post new pics soon :)
Thanks for the update, looking great! Keep us posted :)
Thanks :) will definitely post any news i have :p
How is everything going with your removal?
Hey im sorry for late reply. Im updating my review now :) You can see my new photos.
alohakittykat77,  I think your tattoo is lovely!  but what you think of it is far more important.  I'm glad you had a choice of places to go for laser treatment and your first session was successful.  It's wonderful that technology can help us remove our mistakes.  Good luck with your next session.  aloha...k