Best Decision I Ever Made - Dr. Michael Epstein - Northrbrook, IL

I had been wanting liposuction on my...

I had been wanting liposuction on my hips/thighs/legs, and a breast aug since I was a teenager. Finally went through with it in December of 2010 and it was the best decision I ever made. My before and after pictures show what a great job my surgeon did. My breast aug/lift didn't hurt at all but my implants were also on top of the muscle. With my lipo my bruising lasted for about 3-4 weeks. I kept paper tape on them for 3 months as my surgeon advised and I think it did help with the scarring. At week 4 I was back to working out hard. My incisions healed great and I would do it again tomorrow!

Michael A. Epstein

Dr. E has a great bedside manner, will spend as much time as needed to answer all of your questions. He is very realistic and has a great deal of experience. I felt very comfortable with him and his staff. He has an OR suite in his office and his coordinator, Wendy, is awesome!

You look absolutely amazing!
Hi! I'm having a TT and Lipo with Dr. E in a few weeks. I'm most nervous about the anesthesia and the first 24-72 hours. Did you spend the first night at the place with the nurse? Any suggestions/thoughts or comments about Dr. E or anything I should know? I'm so excited but scared of feeling anxious/too swollen. etc.
Hi, I'm having the same procedures done in a month, except the implants will be sub muscular. I'm mostly concerned about the swelling. How long did the swelling last? And how long did you wear a compression garment? Thanks so much for the review.
My swelling improved every 24 hours for probably the first 2 weeks. It will gradually continue to decrease for weeks after that. I could be wrong but you will be close to your final result around month 3. I didn't see much difference after that. I wore my compression garment everyday for 4 weeks. Every surgeon has a different protocol but I imagine most will make you stay in something for a minimum of 3 weeks. I would strongly suggest asking your office for 2 garments. Each time I would shower I would want to put a clean one on but wouldn't want to wait 2 hours to do laundry and have it off. It is nice to have 2 so one can always be clean. Good luck to you!
Wow! What a great difference! Congrats!
Hey!! You look great congratulations!!! I was wondering when you went back to the gym at week 4, were you able to go 100% or take it slow? Also, at week 3-4 would you have been able to be in a bikini on the beach? I know everyones different but my bf and I are looking at going to Hawaii about a month after my surgery and I'm trying to gauge if we can book it now or not :)
I think it depends slightly on the amount of liposuction you have done. I had quite a bit removed and my bruising was bad for 3 weeks. By week 4 my bruising was completely gone. I did still have a little bit of swelling but nothing too noticeable. I probably wouldn't have been in a bikini at week 4 because of the swelling. But if you choose too you should be okay. No one will know you are swollen besides you and your bruising should be gone by then. When I did make it back to the gym I eased into it. I would walk on the treadmill or do the elliptical. I could run at week 4 but only with my compression garmet on. It felt funny to run without it that soon out of surgery. Hope that helps!