Write a review

6 weeks PO! - North Carolina

I am 39 years old, married for 16 years with 2...

I am 39 years old, married for 16 years with 2 beautiful boys ... 12 and 5. I had gastric bypass surgery 5 years ago and lost 140 pounds. With such a big weight loss, I naturally have loose skin in the stomach area. I have loose skin in the thigh/butt area as well but it's no where near as bad as my stomach. Ideally I would of loved to have a TT, thigh lift and breast lift/aug. but a girl has to prioritize and my stomach is my biggest concern.

I started consultations about a month ago and finally decided on a doctor. I just paid my deposit and received a surgery date of Oct. 24th. Can't wait!!! I'm so excited. I feel like this is the final step in my weight loss journey.

Hi jennrgi, Congrats on your weight loss and now making this decision! There's so much support here, you will love your new body! Good luck~

Totally having a fat day ... or should I say fat...

Totally having a fat day ... or should I say fat week. I'm so ready to have this skin be gone. My birthday is Sunday and I'm trying to figure out what to wear to dinner. Everything just seems to emphasize my stomach. Ughhhh!
Girls, yes, it is very exciting to have the surgery, I agree! I would encourage you to read as much as possible and have a good idea of the downsides so you will be prepared. The recovery process is LONG, months and months, changing each week. At any point in the recovery, something could happen and you need to know that. I flew through surgery and the first 3 weeks, no problems, very little pain and mild discomfort. Then at 3 weeks I got an infection. Many of us have setbacks at some time or another, BE prepared for that so you won't be stumped. We will be here to support you through it all!
Hi Jennregi,
Congrats on your weight loss. We are surgery buddies. What time is your surgery? As of right now I am scheduled for the 24th at 7:30am.
It seems like I can't get enough information too. I am reading daily. I can;t wait for it to be over I think the waiting is the worst part.

Went to the health clinic at work earlier this...

Went to the health clinic at work earlier this week and had all the blood work and EKG done. Everything came out great. The doctor's office called and said everything was good and see me at the pre-op appointment on 10/14. Can't wait!!

I got on the scale today. I haven't been weighing every day ... maybe every other week. I weighed 156.5. Pretty good! I've been really stressed at work and didn't get great news today at work so I feel like I haven't been eating the best. So I expected my weight to be higher. I guess I haven't been doing as bad as I thought. I need to start exercising again. Much better to work the stress out exercising rather than eating. Of course easier said than done.

Birthday is Sunday. We ended up cancelling dinner out and opted for a nice family dinner with husband and kids. I actually prefer it that way so I'm really looking forward to it. Tomorrow is Oct 1st ... surgery date is coming up fast!!!
Looks like I'm scheduled for 8:30am. First surgery of the day. I'm getting nervous as it gets closer.

I was trying to update more often but the days...

I was trying to update more often but the days have gone by pretty quickly. My birthday was great. Husband and boys made me dinner. It was really really nice.

Work got absolutely crazy on Monday ... lots of office politics ... company merger ... crazy clients. It's been pretty stressful. Of course when I get stressed, I eat. So now I'm not feeling that great because I've been eating like crap. But I did get my cycle, so I think that's also why I feel like crap. I'm glad I got it before surgery but I wish it was a little closer to my surgery date. Now it looks like my next cycle will be right around the 1st week of recovery. Yuck!

I'm compiling my list of questions for my pre-op. I also started doing more searching on the internet to see what else I need to have to make things easier. It looks like maybe I should get another compression garment. At least for the first couple of weeks. I'm not sure what kind to get. I know the doctor will give me one and maybe I should just wait until my pre-op to see what he thinks. Also trying to figure out what is going to be the best thing for scars ... silicone sheets, gel, cream, etc. I think I'll research on here and see what everyone's been using.

Ok, pre-op appt. is Friday. Still adding to my...

Ok, pre-op appt. is Friday. Still adding to my list of questions. What about shaving? Are we supposed shave or wax? I'll add that one to my list. :-)

What a crazy day today!!!! My youngest (age 5)...

What a crazy day today!!!! My youngest (age 5) was at school and was getting ready to go on a field trip. He had some trouble with the snap on his jeans and took a long time in the bathroom. When he came out of the bathroom, everyone was gone. They all left him and went on the field trip! He came out of the bathroom, couldn't find anyone, started crying and found the school secretary. She called the bus and they came back and picked him up. They said it was about 5 minutes. WTH??? He's fine and isn't hurt. He told me about the incident before they could tell me. He doesn't seem upset and was more concerned about telling me what a great time he had on the field trip. So I guess all is OK? I'm not sure how to take what happened today.
I have worked for the public school system for a few years and that is a mistake that shouldn't be made. the teacher should have a head count and constantly be checking especially when out of the class room. Apparently, there wasn't even an head count done on the bus or they would have noticed then. Being a bus driver, I want to know how many children are on my bus at all times. Ugh very irresponsible.
Thanks Shaila787! The more I think about it the more upset I get. It could of turned out really bad. I talked to my son some more and he told me he was really scared. I'll be talking to the principal today to make sure this doesn't happen again.

I had my pre-op today! It went really well but...

I had my pre-op today! It went really well but they forgot to take before pictures. So I'll go back on Monday to take pictures. I'll post later tonight all the pre-op instructions, etc. for those that might be interested. It's nice knowing what to expect even thought they might not be the exact same instructions. I did ask about shaving and she said no need to do any shaving. If it needs to be done, they'll do it in the OR.

I was also told to wear comfortable clothing, like pajama bottoms and a button shirt. I guess because you don't want to be putting your arms over your head, etc. Anyone have info. on what they wore to surgery? I was thinking sweats since I tend to sleep in a night shirt.

I'll post later tonight once the kids are in bed. I'm so excited now!!! Can't wait!
Jennregi!! So glad to hear your preop went well!! We've got 10 days to go!!! We are surgery buddies; mine is at 7 am on 10/24. I am so very excited for the both of us!!!
Hi, mine was in the heat of summer but I wore a pair knit pull up shorts and a jacket that zipped, it had long sleeves but I had cut the sleeves at the elbows. I have read that some women wore yoga pants. you will want to wear extra large (larger than you normally wear, b/c you will have the binders and stuff on you), I bought granny panties at Walmart two sizes too big for the post op weeks, no one sees them and you will swell after a few days. I threw them out once my swelling went back down. Good luck.

I filled my prescriptions today ... hydrocodone,...

I filled my prescriptions today ... hydrocodone, amoxicillin and promethazine (nausea). I was kind of surprised no muscle relaxants or any other meds. Does that seem right?

I need to arrive at 7:45am on Monday 10/24. My husband can stay with me until they take me back to the OR and then they'll call him when I'm in the recovery room. Doctor said about 2-3 hours. I was told no jewelry, no makeup (including no mascara or moisturizer) and to wear comfortable clothing, slip on shoes and a button or zipper shirt because I won't feel like lifting my arms, etc. Also, no fingernail polish.

Starting immediately no aspirin, herbal teas or supplements, no Ibuprofen, Advil, Vit. E or garlic pills. Can't eat or drink after midnight before surgery.

He said I'd be wearing a binder for about 2 weeks and to use ice packs for 10 minutes every hour for 48 hours - except when sleeping. No heat.

Sleep with back and knees elevated. I was going back and forth about sleeping in the recliner or the bed. I'm opting for the bed and going to buy a wedge and some additional pillows tomorrow.

I can shower after 48 hours and to leave the steri-strips on. He said just let them fall off on their own. I asked about scar treatment and maybe using silicone sheeting. He said not to use anything at all. He felt that stuff doesn't help much. But we could talk about it more and post-op appointments.

I can keep my incisions clean with a mixture of half peroxide and half water solution. Pat dry and apply Bacitracin ointment twice a day to prevent drying the incision sites.

As far as activity .. he talked about walking bent over for a couple of days to a week. No heavy aerobics or sports for 6 weeks. No swimming for at least 2 weeks and to talk to him about starting any strenuous sports or exercises. No lifting more than 5 pounds for at least 14 days.

I was told when I'm ready to eat/drink to start with sips of water or clear carbonated beverages. Gradually increase and progress to soup then a light meal. He said he recommends eating like I was not feeling well or recovering from the flu. But typically most resume eating normally the next day or two.

Ok, that's what I remember so far. Of course they gave me all this paperwork to refer to later. Thank goodness because I'm sure I won't remember all of this once I'm home.

I picked up some ice packs today, some sweat pants, bigger underwear and a couple of button shirts. Tomorrow I'll look for the pillows, wedges and get the medical stuff (peroxide, etc.)

I'm getting really excited!! I hope the days go by fast! :-)

I went back to the PS office to take the before...

I went back to the PS office to take the before pictures. Yuck! I felt so embarrassed ... my stomach hanging over. I kept putting my hands by my stomach and had to move them to take the pictures. It's such a habit to try and hide my stomach. Just like it's a habit when I sit down to re-adjust my pants to make sure it's not causing the skin to hang over the top. Ughhh! I so can't wait for it to be GONE!

I did ask the nurse about hydrocodone. I tend to get a little hyper on hydrocodone so I'm concerned about taking it at night and not being able to sleep. She said she'd talk to the doctor today and get back to me. Last time I was on hydrocodone for a shoulder injury I ended up cleaning my closet and my "junk" drawer. But I don't think I want to be cleaning after surgery. ;-)
My surgery is scheduled for 7:45 am on 10/24. We'll be getting our surgeries almost at the same time! Good luck to you ... I know all will go fine. I'll be checking in to see how you're doing and I'll post as well. Can't wait!!
I am so excited for the both of us!!! Please don't forget to update!! I will do the same. I can't wait either.

The PS office called and they're giving me...

The PS office called and they're giving me Percocet to try since the hydrocodone makes me hyper. I ended up having to go to two different pharmacies because the first one didn't have the correct strength. But now I have it and I also got MOM, fiber, and peroxide. I think that's all the medical stuff I need. I feel like I may be missing something so I'm going to go over all pre-op instructions again. :-)

I'm going to post before pictures soon. I hated taking the pictures at the PS office and have always done whatever I could to cover up my stomach. So I can't believe I'm going to post pictures. But I figured it's a good thing to see where I was at before and how far I've come. Plus I know seeing all the pictures totally helped me when I was doing research.

Tomorrow is my last day at work. I'm taking a full 7 days off and then work from home for two weeks. Luckily I work on the computer and my job is pretty flexible. If I feel OK, I may try and do 1/2 days at the office and 1/2 at home after the first week. We'll see. I'm not going to rush it. I'm not sure how I'm going to make it through tomorrow ... I just know the day is going to go by so slow. It seems like I can only think about the surgery. It's tough to concentrate at work. ;-)
Jenni, I feel the same way!!! My last day of work is also tomorrow. I will be taking two weeks off and hope that it's enough. I feel like the days have gone by so fast. My recliner gets delivered on Saturday and I will finish picking up my house and shopping for some additional groceries. Soon we will be on the recovery side!!! Yeahyy us!!!
Your TT is coming up....exciting!!!! I shaved all the hair off on my pubic area. Just easier to have it all clean! I wanted to wax so that it would take longer to grow back, but I ended up not having the time to do it. I am 8 weeks PO and I still shave everything off.
Good luck girl!!
Can't wait!!! I'm soooooo ready!

Ok, I just posted pictures. Yuck!! I'm so ready...

Ok, I just posted pictures. Yuck!! I'm so ready to get this done and be on the recovery side. 3 more days!!!

Today was my last day at work. Hopefully things will go smoothly at work and I won't get any calls to log on early. Tomorrow is a full day. Trying to finalize everything ... groceries, laundry, cleaning, etc.
Just two more days! I am excited for you!
Jenn!!!!!!! Can you believe we are so close!!!!!!!! You are going to look AMAZING!!!! All you have is extra skin and once the is gone your are going to be a COMPLETE HOT MOMMA!!! I'm praying for the both of us and can't wait to hear all about your experience.

Ok, this is it. Surgery is tomorrow. Starting to...

Ok, this is it. Surgery is tomorrow. Starting to get a little nervous and hoping I'll be able to sleep tonight. So ready to get to the recovery stage.

Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers! Please send the same to NewMe1024! I'll post when I can.
Hi Jennregi!!! Our big day is just hours away so I wanted to stop by and wish you luck and let you know that I will be praying for you. Things will be just fine. I will update as as I can tomorrow.
Good luck NewMe1024~ I'll be awaiting your updates as well. Wishing you a speedy recovery!
Thank you so much klewis0906!!! I will update as soon as I can!!!

Just a quick update to say all went well. I'm...

Just a quick update to say all went well. I'm just really nauseaous from the anesthesia. I knew going in I would be so they gave me something for it. It's just taking a while. Pain isn't that bad. And he only put one drsin. Post-op is Wed.

I'll post more when not feeling so sick. Glad to hear things went really well NewMe! So excited you and I are on the recovery side now.
So glad to hear all is well!! I'm am so nauseas too!! I've thrown up twice. I also only have one drain .
YAY! glad to hear it went well.

1 day PO and feeling pretty good. The sickness...

1 day PO and feeling pretty good. The sickness from the anesthesia has finally eased up. Hubby bought diet, caffeine free, sugar free ginger ale. It is awesome!! He's giving it to me with ice and a straw and I think this has totally helped with the nausea. I was able to eat some soup and crackers and this morning I had a bit of scrambled eggs.

I only had one drain put in. He said I didn't have a lot of blood loss so I only needed one. We drained about 21cc around 10:30pm last night. I'm still on pain meds ... muscle relaxant and oxycodone but I'm starting to stretch them further apart now. I'm thinking I probably can reduce to Tylenol Extra Strength some time today. I don't have a lot of pain at the incision site. I feel pain in my ab muscle ... towards the upper right side (my right). It hurts when I get up and get down. Almost like a sharp stabbing pain. I've been concentrating the ice packs on that side. My pub area feels swollen and a little tender. So I probably should concentrate on putting ice more towards the lower end as well. I do walk hunched over when going to the bathroom but it's not too bad.

Overall, I would say I'm doing pretty darn good. I haven't seen the results yet. PS told me to wait to take the compression garment off until my post-op on Wed (9:30am). But my mother-in-law says she can tell already. I can't wait to check it out.

NewMe, so glad to hear you're doing well now that you're off the Vicodin. When's your post-op?
So glad you made it to the other side! Slow and steady wins this race dear!
Hey Jenn,
My post up will be this coming Friday. I'm feeling way better this morning. Like you I have minimal pain in the incision site but feel the burning feeling in my abs. Originally he didn't think I needed MR but went he went in he did do some MR. I slept great last night took a Valium and two Tylenols and that did te trick. I'm glad to hear you are doing well. I'm so happy I have a buddy to go with me on this journey. Can you believe we did it!!!!

2 day PO and just got back from PS office. I got...

2 day PO and just got back from PS office. I got to see my stomach for the first time and I am so happy with the results. My stomach is actually flat!! They ended up shaving me a little and the whole time she was changing my bandages I kept thinking how I can see all my pubic hair and I don't have to lift my belly to see it. I almost started crying. The swelling isn't that bad and he's going to remove the drain on Friday! I'm so excited!

I can shower now but because they just changed everything, I'm going to wait until tomorrow. She said when I get out of the shower to use the hair dryer on the cool setting and dry the area before putting on the ointment, gauze and compression garment.

Still on pain meds. I slept for 6 hours until the pain woke me up. It was in the lower area and my pubic area still feels swollen. I still have the stinging sensation at the belly button and ab muscle area. I am able to get in and out of the recliner a little bit easier and I'm also walking a little bit straighter.

I'll update a little later about the actual surgery day. A couple of funny things happened.
So excited that you get to remove the drain!!!! I get to go to my post op appt Friday and he might just remove the drain then. We will see. Glad your doing well. Keep me posted. I'm tired. About to go for a nap.

Today has been a weird day. I slept pretty good...

Today has been a weird day. I slept pretty good but was still really tired when I woke up. I dozed on and off until noon. I was able to take a shower and it felt great. Took a couple of pictures but it shows my private parts so I'm trying to figure out how to post it without showing the privates. Hubby put a smiley face over so maybe I'll just post those.

But ever since the shower I feel weird. I don't think my binder is on quite right. The drain site is bothering me more. And I feel more swollen/bloated with a heavy feeling down below. Plus now I think I didn't get all the shampoo out of my hair and I'm having heat flashes or something. I just feel yucky. I'm hoping just maybe I over did it or something and I need to rest up. I've got ice packs on my stomach now so hopefully that will help some.

I have another appt. tomorrow and I'm supposed to get my drain out. I think once the drain is out things will start to get better. I also need to ask her how to make sure this binder is on right. And at what point do we switch to something else? Mine feels a little itchy. I've been shoving my shirt into the top of it so I don't itch.

I'll post again tomorrow. Hopefully it will be a better day.
Jenn..I had the same feeling about my belly before too, could not see anything below unless I was holding it up! Regarding the binder, don't feel bad b/c it happens, after I took my first shower and took it off at day 3, I could not get it on right and eventually had to go into my ps office for them to show me! I had it on inside out and upside down. No wonder it felt weird to me! Hang in there.
Jenn, I read where one of the other ladies puts a tank top on under the binder to relieve the itching. I hope you feel better.
Hey Jenn,
I know exactly how you feel. Yesterday I felt the same way. I slept all day and woke up tired and sleepy and doze off again. Today the energy level was better in the morning then. Around 3 on I felt tired again and went back to bed. I contacted my PS and they said all I'm feeling is normal and that my energy level will be up and down. Hang in there. We just had surgery Monday so I think we need a little more time for our energy level to be normal again. Since I tried adjusting the binder and almost passed out I haven't tried it again . PS will be taking it of to take a look tomorrow and I hope I don't feel that nasty queasy feeling. My drained has not bothered at all and I have been draining less and less everyday. I've only drained like 28 cc's today so far. Hope you feel better and I will check in with you tomorrow to see how your appt went. Mines is at 11:15 am.

4 day PO. Had another appointment this morning...

4 day PO. Had another appointment this morning and got my drain removed. Whoo hoo! That was a really weird feeling when it came out. Taking a deep breath helped a lot. What's left is a hole. Weird looking. I've got it covered now and he said it might still leak over the next day or so.

He said everything looked a little wet so he wanted me to start airing out my incisions. I think maybe I was putting too much ointment on my incisions. He also said I didn't need to use the antibiotic ointment anymore. Just on the drain site. Use moisturizer ... like Cetaphil ... at least twice a day. He said I looked really good and some of the parts that looked like puckering won't be like that. I guess that will resolve over time.

As he was looking at my stomach he asked me if I was itching. He said that I had developed a rash from the binder. The rash is towards the top and goes all around to my back. He called in the Dermatologist (it's a PS and Derm office) and she gave me a prescription for the rash. Then he tells me not to wear the binder anymore. What??! I was supposed to wear it for at least 2 weeks. But he said he did this new suturing (can't remember what he called it) and this is why I only had one drain and not a lot of swelling. So he felt it was fine to do without the binder. Now I'm binder free and it feels kind of weird. I'm so used to everything feeling snug and now it all feels loose. I'm still hunched over some and I almost feel like I have to hold my stomach while walking. I think I'll start looking into other types of compression garments. But I guess if he's saying not to wear one then maybe I shouldn't. I don't know ... I'll give it a couple of days.

We grabbed some lunch on the way home and once home I took a shower. Finally got all the shampoo out of my hair and I feel so much better. I patted dry my incisions, applied moisturizer, applied the cream to my rash and now I'm back in my recliner. I feel exhausted. Not really any pain, just tired. And my back hurts a little from being hunched over. He said I'll straighten up a little each day.

So I guess I'll just take it easy for the next couple of days. My youngest has a soccer game tomorrow. I want to try and go but I'm not sure if I can make it. It will be the first game I would miss so I have mixed emotions about it.

I'll post again later after I catch up on some rest. Glad to hear things went well NewMe! I'm jealous you can stand straight! ;-)
You look great! I'm happy to hear your recovery is going well :) Take care.
Congrats Jenn! You look great and it sounds like your recovery is going really well. Isn't it a relief!? Take care:)

Day 6 PO. Slept in the bed last night. Whoo hoo!...

Day 6 PO. Slept in the bed last night. Whoo hoo! I tried the night before and it didn't work out so well but last night was a success. I feel like sleeping in the bed helped me walk slightly straighter this morning. My back is still killing me though. Hopefully I can straighten up soon.

I did get some blisters on each side. I think it's from the glue from the steri-strips. I remember them putting extra glue during my first po appointment. And it seems like where they did that is where I have blisters. The blisters on the left popped last night and they are tinged a little with blood. So I put some bactracin on it to make sure it doesn't get infected. I do have 2 small blisters on the left side that haven't popped. I guess I must have sensitive skin or something. I developed the rash from the compression garment and blisters from the glue.

Just on Tylenol now. I am still finishing up the antibiotic and the muscle relaxant. The muscle relaxant should be done today and a couple more days for the antibiotic. Overall not much pain except for back. I do get this kind of full/heavy sensation in the belly area (lower belly). Not sure if that's normal or maybe it's gas or something? It doesn't hurt just feels full/heavy for a bit and then kind of goes away.

Family coming over tonight and mother-in-law bringing dinner. Awesome! Carving pumpkins today with the kids. My plan is to get up a lot more today without overdoing it. As long as my back holds up, I think I can do it!
Your looking good just imagine how your going to look when your healed!
Go Jen!!! That's my plan I am up and dressed ready to go out for a bit without over doing it. Have fun and take it nice and easy!!!
Hey Jenn,
You are looking awesome girl!!!!! So happy you are drain free. I should have mine removed tomorrow. I also have some puckering at the incision site where the drain is but my PS also said that will all flatten and will be nice and flat. All we can do is wait and see. I'm still extremely happy with my results so far. I still have swelling mostly along my side and straight down my mid section from under my breast to right above my pubic area. Not too horrible but I can already see a shape even with the swelling!!! I'm glad to hear you are doing well. I'll keep and eye on you ;-)

1 Week PO! One week ago today I had my surgery. ...

1 Week PO! One week ago today I had my surgery. It's hard to believe it's been a week already.

I overdid it a bit yesterday. It really took a toll on my back and I was so swollen by the evening. I ended up trying to ice my stomach a bit to ease the swelling. Family came over with dinner and it was awesome! My sister-in-law took care of me and my youngest while hubby and family went to the haunted house. Greatly appreciated all her help. I was trying not to rely too much on anyone other than hubby but I was pretty swollen so I truly appreciated all the help.

Slept in the bed last night again with my wedge pillow and pillows under my knees. Couldn't get to sleep, kept looking at clock and wondering why the heck my back was still killing me. It was throbbing so bad and started to get some muscle spasms. Finally around 2am I decided to take a stronger pain medicine and then I realized the pillow wedge was upside down in the bed. I totally had NO back support while laying in bed. I flipped the wedge around and it felt so good. I couldn't believe what a difference. But now I have the stronger med in my system and it kept me awake, so I ended up watching the clock all night long. That and every time hubby rolled over he took all the covers with him. I had to keep pulling them back. So I don't think I actually went to sleep until around 4am. Hubby gets up at 6:30am and then comes and wakes me up at 8am. Needless to say, I'm a little tired today.

On the plus side, I am walking a little bit straighter. Still a little hunched and still hurts back, but just a little straighter than yesterday. Blister on left side hurts but other than that so far not much else. Hoping I can rest up today. Tomorrow I'm supposed to start back at work by working from home. I may try and take one more day off before working from home. We'll see how the day goes.

I'm feeling really worn out this evening. Checked...

I'm feeling really worn out this evening. Checked my temperature and it was 100.0. I've actually been running a low grade fever for the past 3 days. Today is the highest ... mostly 99.5, 99.7. Still on my antibiotic and nothing looks like it's infected. Although my belly button looks a little red. But it doesn't look I would expect an infection to look like. I guess I should call the PS tomorrow. I see him Wednesday to get the BB stitches out. So maybe I'll just wait.

Anyway, taking it easy in the recliner while the kids went trick-or-treating with the hubby. In-laws are staying with me to hand out candy.
Looking good girl!!

9 day PO: Yesterday was a tough day. My back was...

9 day PO: Yesterday was a tough day. My back was killing me and I was in swell hell most of the day. I iced and took Tylenol and tried to take it easy but it was my first day back at work (working from home) and I had back to back meetings most of the day. I was exhausted when I logged off and couldn't wait to go to bed. I lowered my wedge pillow and I felt kind of odd all night. Kind of like I was stretched too much. So I ended up not sleeping too good.

Went to the PS today and they removed the BB stitches.

He said I had a little fluid build up but nothing to be concerned about at this time. He'd like to see me back next week to monitor the fluid. If it's increased then he'll drain it. He said it was to be expected since I haven't been wearing the CG since day 3 PO because of the rash I got from the CG. If I wanted to wear the CG I could wear it over a tank top or shirt during the day and take it off at night. So I came home and put the CG on and I feel a lot better! I feel like I can stand up a little straighter and my back doesn't hurt as much. So I'm going to try and wear it until I see him next Wed. and see if that helps with any fluid.

We talked about the low-grade fever and if I was taking it easy, etc. I'm supposed to continue with my breathing exercises and to not overdo it. He said if my fever goes over 100 to call immediately. But nothing looks infected. In fact everything looks good.
I'm glad you are doing well!!!! Hurry for the stitches coming out. I can't believe you are back at work (even if its just from home). I'm praying I'm well for Monday because I start full blown 9 to 530pm. I hope you keep doing well and try and stick to the garment with the tank top under it. I find it keeps swelling way down.
Thanks! My back is already feeling better with the CG. I just need to figure out how tight it's supposed to be. I think I have it tight but then it doesn't seem quite right. Then it seems like I have it too loose. Trial and error. ;-)
The compression garment helped me stand up straight sooooo much! You should have it as tight as you can get it. I found that I didn't have mine tight enough and once the PS showed me how tight it should be, I stood straighter and felt so much better ;-) Glad you are doing well too!

PO day 11: I wore my binder all day yesterday and...

PO day 11: I wore my binder all day yesterday and took it off at night. I felt a lot better with the binder and it seemed like I was a little straighter. But in the evening I started itching and my BB was really really red. So I took a shower, applied my moisturizer and let my BB air out. This morning it looked a lot better.

Today I wore the binder again all day but this time I wore it as tight as I can (thanks Bella!) and I feel even better. Again still a little hunched but a little bit straighter. I just took it off for the night and my BB is red again. I think it will just be like that because it's confined all day. I am itching again so I don't think I'm allergic to the binder but maybe just heat rash or something. So when I take the binder off I put on the cream the dermatologist prescribed and all is good.

I did drive today for the first time. It was raining so I picked up my son from school so he didn't have to walk in the rain. It wasn't very far and it felt fine. So I guess I'm good to drive. PS told me I could drive to my appt. next week but didn't really say I could start driving now. I remember him saying as long as I was off the pain meds. Which I am ... only taking Tyelenol XS now.

Tomorrow is my youngest's last soccer name. I'm going to go. This will be my first outing since surgery (besides po appt's). PS did say I should start venturing out but to not do any marathon grocery shopping or anything too long or strenous. So tomorrow it is. Now I just need to figure out what I can wear that will cover the binder. I seriously doubt I'll be able to get into any of my jeans because of this swelling. I am down in weight since surgery ... about 4 pounds ... but you all know how the swelling gets.

Oh, tmi ... but I got my cycle today. Ughhh! Glad it came after surgery but I always have really bad cramps and back pain with my cycle. So this is not going to be fun since my back is already hurting.

Well, off to ice and take it easy for the night. Thanks everyone for the well wishes and glad everyone's doing better (NewMe!!).

PO day 12: Well I made it to my son's soccer game...

PO day 12: Well I made it to my son's soccer game. I wore my CG and was able to get my jeans over it. It was very snug but it felt like it was just holding me in more. I did pretty good ... we had to walk quite a ways to the field, sat for the whole game, walked to the awards area, back to the car, then went to the grocery store for a small grocery run. Got home, ate lunch and now kicking it in the recliner. I feel swollen because my CG is really tight now. I adjusted it when I got home and noticed some staining on my tank top. Looking closely it looks like part of my scar (scab) came off a little. I think one area looks a little separated. I asked hubby to take a look because that side is really swollen. At first he said it looked like some pus was coming out and I just about freaked. He looked again and said it wasn't red or anything and looked like it was healing from the inside out and just looked bigger than the other areas. He thought it looked kind of white but doesn't think it's pus. I kept making him look over and over again and I touched it and didn't feel any wetness, so I think it's ok. But I'm going to keep an eye on it. You all know how thoughts can turn crazy when you think something is wrong. I told him not to tell me anything looks like pus unless he's absolutely sure. You can give a TT'er a heart attack by saying that. LOL!

13 day PO: Went out to breakfast this morning and...

13 day PO: Went out to breakfast this morning and shopping at two different places. Did some light housework and attempted to help with dinner. I was feeling pretty tired so I tried to take it somewhat easy and I felt like I did ... but wow, I'm really swollen today. More than I was yesterday and I feel like I did way more yesterday. Reading Bella's post I'm going to try and drink more fluids and eat better. Tomorrow is my first day without help during the day. I'll still be working from home this week but I'll be picking up my youngest from school, etc. And the boys and I will be on our own for a couple of hours. So we'll see how it goes with the extra liquid, etc.

Other than the swelling, everything else is good. Slightly straighter, pain is minimal, BB is just a little red, nothing looks like it's draining. I get weird twinges here and there at the incision site and a little stinging like sensation in my abs once in a while. Oh ... and I sneezed twice today. Holy cow does that hurt! I've since tried to not sneeze and that almost hurts just as much. So I'd say I'm doing pretty darn good. I'm extremely happy that I did this and can't wait until things settle and I can really tell how good things look!
Great post Marinemom,
Separation of tissue is what I'm experiencing. Not like there is a hole but you can def see a bit of separation . Getting better though. Can't wait for things to just seal on up.

Jenny I am so happy you are doing better. I have to up my protein intake as well. I've been kinda slacking on that one.
Hey Jenni, I am sure it's going to be okay, most likely you have a little separation of tissue, it happens to some of us. Keep up your protein, vit c and multivitamin. They all help with the healing. White and orderless is okay, yellow and "smelly" you should check with your doc. Take care!
Thanks! I keep looking at it just to make sure! ;-)

I had an appointment with my PS today. He said...

I had an appointment with my PS today. He said the fluid build up was gone and that I was looking really good. Other instructions:

CG: I can stop wearing my CG but if it feels better to wear it that's fine too. But I should at least take it off at night and try to start going without it more and more. I can switch to another type of CG as well.

Sleep: I should continue to sleep slightly elevated but I could start to sleep a little more flat. But to not do anything that didn't feel comfortable.

Incision/BB: Continue to moisturize at least twice a day and make sure I'm moisturizing my entire belly. No need to put anything else on it at this point.

Work: I told him I've been working from home for the past week and a half and asked if it was OK to go back to the office full-time. He asked me about my energy level and I said I get pretty tired around 1-2pm. So he said he would recommend a maximum of 1/2 days at work and that he would write a note for it if needed. He reminded me that I'm slightly over 2 weeks PO and that my body needs time to heal which includes resting.

Swelling: He said I would continue to swell so take it easy ... ice if I felt it helps, elevate feet, watch what I eat, etc.

Exercise: No heavy lifting and no exercising until he gives me the green light.

My next appointment is in one month. Which I thought was kind of a long time. But of course I can call or go in if anything comes up.

So after getting up this morning, taking a shower, dropping my youngest off at school, going to PS appointment, coming home and working from home, picking up youngest from school and making dinner ... I'm exhausted. I feel achy all over and I'm hurting on my right side. In the upper ab area and the the incision site on the right. I removed my binder and I took a look at the incision site and there was some light (and I mean really light) red colored liquid coming out of the incision. This is the one side that is a bigger incision and the same site that my husband once said he saw white stuff coming out of. So of course I start freaking out a bit that there's liquid coming out and I make my husband look it over. He said it looks like the scab was coming off because of the moving around. Which is why the PS said to keep it moisturized. He didn't see any liquid and said it just looked like it was healing from the inside out. So I guess I'm ok ... but it does ache and my abs ache. I'm sitting in the recliner with ice and wondering if I should take something a little stronger than Tylenol XS. I'm just not feeling good at all ...

I totally forgot to ask when could I get in the bathtub. I LOVE taking baths and I miss them so much. I'm guessing I need to wait until all of the incision is completely closed. Also, husband reminded me I forgot to ask about sex ... when it's "safe." lol!
Jenn-Sounds like you are doin great. I'm just at the 1 week point and watching your progress is a window to my future! Just read your update and wanted to offer a piece of unsolicited advice. After my arm lift/breast lift in July, I stupidly thought permission to "shower and bathe" meant I could return to me wonderful, soothing jacuzzi tub. Little wonder I got a slight infection on one arm's incision. Antibiotic took care of it, but I now know no tubs til all incisions are closed. Good luck. Oh yeah, where do you live in NC? My backyard is in Charlotte ( no, I can't see Russia from there, just a fat taxill for 3 acres of woods!).
Thanks for the advice! I'm going to wait until all is healed even though I love taking hot baths. Can't wait! I'm in the Wilmington area ... beach on one side, river on the other. Love it here! I haven't been to the Charlotte area other than stopping there on a flight. Thinking about going up there to one of the amusement parks this summer.
Jennregi, I used to live about near Wilmington ;-) My stepfather was a Sergeant Major in the Marine Corps so we were stationed on Camp Lejeune and lived in the Jacksonville area. I LOVE Wilmington. Oh how I miss it!

3 weeks PO as of yesterday. Whoo hoo! Sorry...

3 weeks PO as of yesterday. Whoo hoo! Sorry ladies I haven't updated in a while. It's been busy.

I'm still working from home this week and so glad. I have the usual ups and downs ... feeling great in the morning, swelling down, standing almost totally straight, no pain. By the end of the day I'm swollen, tight, hunched over and my back hurts. But I just take it easy in the late afternoon/evening. Nothing that isn't manageable at this point.

Still wearing CG during the day and off at night. But my BB gets irritated so I'm slowly starting to get off of the CG. I tried my other garments and OMG I couldn't get it over my stomach. I think I can if I pull and squeeze but I'm worried about what that would do to my incision since it's still healing. So I guess I'll wait before I try those again.

Incision looks good. No separation and no leaking ... just healing. I do notice what looks like maybe a part of an internal stitch sticking out in one part. It's like a plastic thing poking out just a little. I was laughing and telling my husband it looks like one of those tags on a stuffed animal. lol! But I think it's probably a stitch that will be absorbed.

I'm going to post a couple 3 week po pics. It looks like I may have a dog ear on one side. But I'm not too worried about it at this point. PS said to wait and if needed he'll take care of it. I did try on a pair of panties that I used to look HORRIBLE in. Either I had to lift my stomach and hide it in the panties, which meant I had to wear the panties really low and uncomfortable. Or my stomach would spill out the bottom. It was disgusting. But when I put them on now ... WHOO HOO! It feels so great to wear them normally. Love it!!

Well I hope all are doing well. Take care TT'ers!
Wow Jennreggi! You look so good! You are tiny now ;-)
Jennreggi-Your belly is beautiful! So glad you are doing well. Keep us posted
Ginababy-im 11 days out and Im out of my binder-r u? It seems most people on here need to wear it longer than my PS told me too.........but Im healing up fine and fee l great.

I had some time to kill today between doctor...

I had some time to kill today between doctor appointments and decided to go to the dept. store. It was kind of depressing trying on clothes and my normal size being so tight. The swelling is crazy. But I did end up buying a really cute shirt that I normally wouldn't of bought. I've always went with the shirts that were long and covered the belly. This one is shorter because I don't have to cover anything anymore. That part is awesome! Now if only the swelling would go down some so I can figure out what size pants I'll need.

I did decide to look at some compression garments and started to try on some more of those panty or thigh/panty high-waist garments. Similar to what I got with the spanx but figured I'd try a bigger size. I so could not get any of them on. It was ridiculous ... I felt like I was a stuffed sausage. Well then I see a flexees garment that is kind of like a shirt. It had shoulder straps, goes under your bra and you hook it closed down over your stomach. Like a corset. OMG!! I totally love it. It felt so comfortable and when I put it on and then put on a pair of pants, I swear I went down a size. LOVE IT! I ended up getting one in tan and one in black because that's the only one's they had in my size. I put it on when I got home and wore it the rest of the day. It's not as tight as the CG the PS gave me but it will work great for when I go back to work, etc. I'm so glad I finally found something. Lesson learned -- do not order CG's from the internet ... go to the store and try them on. So worth it!

Yesterday was 4 weeks PO and my first full day...

Yesterday was 4 weeks PO and my first full day back in the office. I made it the entire day, picked up my youngest from school and cooked dinner. Around 6pm I was hunched over, in swell hell and exhausted. I ended up going to bed at 8:30pm and slept all the way until my alarm went off this morning.

Yesterday I wore my CG that I received from my PS all day and I feel like it really helped me out a lot. But when I took it off, there was some drainage on my CG and tank top. The bottom middle part of my incision, where I had a stitch sticking through, was leaking fluid. It looked like a big piece of scab was hanging off and when I touched it, the scab fell off and the stitch disappeared back into the incision. Almost like the CG was causing it to stick out and once I stopped the compression the stitch went back in. I ended up putting gauze over it and left it that way all night. This morning it looked a lot better. But after another full day of work and wearing my other CG, it's leaking again and this time it's a bigger hole. I've had the CG off for a couple of hours and now the area looks like it's starting to scab. So I guess I'll not wear any CG for the next couple of days to see if it will heal itself. If it looks worse tomorrow, I'll call the PS.

So other than that small issue, everything is pretty good. No pain ... had a couple of sneezing/coughing fits and that hurts like crazy. But no significant pain. I haven't had any pain meds of any type for several days. Swelling is worse in the evening but bearable. However, I can't fit into any of my work clothes unless I wear my CG because of all the swelling. That was really depressing. I don't want to buy new clothes so I'm hoping the swelling will start to subside soon.

NewMe & Bella - looks like things are going well! I'm so glad!

Hope everyone else is doing good and if I don't update again before the holiday's ... have a Happy Thanksgiving!! And take it easy!!
Another WOW! LOL! You look great in your new 3 week pic! Look at that hourglass figure ;-) I'm doing well. Wish I was able to update but I am still unable due to some glitch in the system. Realself is working on it but it is taking FOREVER! Wish I could post pics but I don't look as good as you - you look great!!

Just a little over 6 weeks PO. Went to the PS...

Just a little over 6 weeks PO. Went to the PS yesterday and overall things are good. He pulled a small piece of stitch that was sticking out of my BB and a stitch out of the right side that was always a little wider. He said when I come back at 6 months he could do a scar revision on that side because he thinks it looks a little wider than he would like. I think it looks fine but we'll see what it looks like 6 months from now. The dog ear on the left side will probably need to be fixed but he also said let's wait to see what it looks like at 6 months. Told me the swelling will continue until 6 months so keep that in mind. I was given the all clear for exercise as long as I listen to my body and not try to do too much too soon. Overall he said things look great and I was doing excellent. He asked me if I was happy with the results and I have to say ... I am extremely happy! Even with the swelling, I am really really flat. Sometimes my normal size pants are a little snug and other times they are really loose. So I think once the swelling goes down all the way, I may be down a size. I'm just excited I don't have to "lift" anything to get into underwear or pants. Or see anything hanging outside of my underwear line! ;-)
I enjoyed reading your posted! I go for my very 1st visit may 30th. I can't wait. I have learned a lot reading your blog. I have ways much more skin to remove! But I'm ready for a new me!
You look AMAZING!!!

No lipo??

Ah. I hope im that tiny after mine =]
Edward J. Ricciardelli, MD

5 out of 5 stars Overall rating
5 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
5 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
5 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
5 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
5 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
5 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
5 out of 5 stars Payment process
5 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? 2 others found this helpful