So Glad I Did my Eyebrows and Upper and Lower Eyeliner - North Carolina, NC

I purchased a living social coupon for upper...

I purchased a living social coupon for upper eyeliner for $144. I had not yet made an appt when she had a holiday special for eyebrows for $379 so I called and made an appt. While I was there she said I should get the lash enhancement with the upper eyeliner and it is usually $200 more but she would do it for $100 more. She said I also should do my lower lids but I said no that would be out of my budget and she said she would just do it anyway if I wanted. I have since read some do the lash enhancement with the upper eyeliner all inclusive so maybe a gimmick? I do know when she was doing the eyeliner she went below my lash line and above the lash line but to me it is one solid line as you can see in my picture. She is an instructor and certifies others and had a student come in while she was doing mine and she watched. She used numbing gel for 30 min on my brows and lash lines. It did sting a tad but nothing much. Even so I was tender when she did the lash line and she had to stop several times. It is not unbearable just uncomfortable and at times ticklish. The eyebrows were a breeze, ticklish but not uncomfortable. I was mostly nervous about the color she chose and the shape. She did a terrific job with the shape and used no guide or stencil but did measure the 3 points of my eye and across. I am a very cool coloration. Ash tones naturally in my hair that I highlight. I figured she would use a taupe or ash brown but instead used a warm brown tint and said you always use the opposite on someone such as if you have warm tones you use a cool tone brown etc. She gave me 2 page instructions and a packet of petroleum jelly to use on my lids & brows. They have not yet scabbed over and may not since it is 6 days now and they look healed up. In 6 weeks she said to return for a touch up if needed so I will check in if anything changes between now and then . I was told they could fade as much as 30% or not at all.

1 month later. My eyebrows have faded to a light...

1 month later. My eyebrows have faded to a light brown. I have retouches due mid January and will ask for brows to be darkened slightly. The shape still looks good but it really did fade 30%! Eyeliner looks the same!

Did my touch up today alittle over 6 weeks later...

Did my touch up today alittle over 6 weeks later in a darker brown as the fading was more than I liked. Less discomfort this time but maybe I was more relaxed too! The shape is still great! The eyeliner is great but I may thicken the line a little more. Samira pointed it out that she thought a slightly thicker line would look better and she will retouch at no cost. I chose to wait and do it in about 6 weeks when she rechecks my brows. She wants to please her customers and will do what it takes to make you happy so I am thrilled to have her working on my face and wish I had done it 10 years ago! I highly recommend Samira! She is a great lady! Her son also works there and is top notch too. You can't go wrong with either one. A lady was there to see her son and he had done her liner, lash enhancement eyebrows and lips and she looked fantastic! She had very naturally colored bluish lips and he had colored them to look like a natural pink and used a color to counter the blue undertones which were no longer perceivable. They are very good at knowing what color of ink will work with your skin tones. Another lady was waiting after me to have her lips done and had done her brows and liner with Samira and they looked wonderful too. No one gets the same brow. She looks at your face and really knows what is needed for your particular face. Her contact info is osamira@bellsouth.net She is located at 2912-A Battleground Ave Greensboro NC.She is an instructor there. Phone # 336 558-8023. I asked if I could post her contact info and she said yes!

Samira's Permanent makeup in Greensboro NC is an...

Samira's Permanent makeup in Greensboro NC is an absolute must for those who want a very experienced person (25+years). She is also a master trainer. I went for my touch up and she perfected anything and everything. She is very critical of her work so some things I was fine with she still touched up to make 100% perfect and lasting. The last appt she felt my eyeliner needed to be a tad thicker and she was right. Made a huge difference. She uses the best natural pigments that are very true and stay the same color for years. I have been there when several clients have returned for other services and most rave about her and how life changing permanent make up is. It takes me 10-15 minutes now to get ready vs 30-40 min it used to take trying to apply eyeliner and then do my eyebrows which I would sometimes redo to get them right. As I get older it was extremely difficult to do my eyeliner and have to wear reading glasses. I ended up getting contacts just to put my eye make up on. My eyes are dry so can't wear them but about an hour but the good news is I no longer need them because the fine details are permanent now! Can't say enough how these two procedures have improved my self esteem. I can swim and not worry about "Where did the eyebrows go etc" She makes sure to blend the color with your skin color so it looks very natural.
Samira Haddad

She is an instructor and seemed knowledgeable . She emphasized the importance of using good ink and using sterile procedure.

Hi! I went to do my eyebrows at Samiras place, I did the hairstroke method and I am eveything but happy! I was careful with them and eveything but after only 6 months they were faded 90 % and a lot thinner. I showed a picture of how my eyebrows looked like the same day I made them to another semipermanent-artist and she said that my eyebrows are not done professional! I do think Samira is a very nice lady though!
To clarify: Lash enhancement is a separate procedure because it's actually "within" your lashes. Eyeliner sits on top of the lashes, therefore when both are performed it gives the eyes much more definition, and makes the lashes appear to be joined together making them look fuller and darker. I always urge clients to have both, even if I don't charge for the lash enhancement. If a client wants a more natural look, the lash enhancement is perfect. If a client likes a medium to thick liner, and the procedure is performed without the lash enhancement, it lacks a certain depth and definition. There really is a big difference! As far as the technique used, a flipping of the eyelid is done for both procedures. Micro stretches and control are utilized, and often clients are so numb their orientation as to where I am on the eyelid is greatly altered! It's what's occurring in the mind that is making clients feel anxious, so making one calm is vital to their comfort level.

Good info - thanks Stylishus!

I have been becoming more and more tempted to do the permanent liner. I'm still too scared it will somehow wind up looking bad to do it right now, so its always nice to read and see pictures of a nice result.

When she was tattooing the actual lid, did she have to kind of flip it up to get access to it, or did she just let it lay as it usually would and tattoo it?

When doing the liner it was all just above the lash line. The lash enhancement she said is going in between the lashes so she did flip the eyelid atad to gain access there. That tickled but the actual lid was somewhat uncomfortable. I think being so close to the eyeball makes anyone tense up. I know she told me if I relaxed it would feel better but she did a great job despite my tensing up so much. I know she expressed the most important thing is to know the person uses the best ink and she said most don't because they are so expensive but she tells her students they are only as good as their reputation and word of mouth. I'd recommend her highly.

Thanks for explaining the difference between the lash enhancement and the liner. I didn't realize that the two areas would be considered separate, I guess because when I line my eyes I always go into the lash line, and don't really know anyone who doesn't.

THANK YOU Triscuit there is a deferent between tattoo ink and organic pigment made for permanent cosmetics , and there is no flping eyelid but it could feel like it is. just remmber it is permanent and it is on your face so it got to be right.
I beg to differ with the above comment from permanentmakeup....The proper technique for any eyeliner procedure is a flipping of the eyelid, most definitely! The goal is to secure the area receiving the pigment in a safe and easily accessible position. Perhaps your definition of flipping is something other than what would be a safe technique? The PMU Artist MUST be in control of the eyelid, no matter what. Technique may vary from one tech to another, so let's not split hairs over this. Your technique may not include a slight "flipping out" of the area, but that does not make it wrong! And also to clarify regarding pigments, as there is so much confusion about this: NO permanent makeup artist would EVER use traditional body tattoo pigments for permanent makeup. Long ago those were the only available pigments, therefore they were used with very poor results . Migration of the pigment was common, as was undesirable color changes. That said, the use of high quality pigments formulated for Permanent Makeup has been the norm for over a decade. Of course inferior pigments can and are used, which is why it is important to understand that many PMU Artists do not use the best equipment nor the best pigments, therefore poor results occur. Experience, training, artistry, and the best equipment all add up to an excellent result.
Wow, wonderful info. Thank you all :-) I have a list of things I am doing this year, this is one of them. I'm so glad to be able to learn so much about it from this. :-)