36 Years Old and 2 Kids - North Brunswick, NJ

Just had a tummy tuck done on March 6th. Each day...

Just had a tummy tuck done on March 6th. Each day seems to get easier and easier. The drains are annoying but counting down the days to have them removed. Some people thought I was crazy for doing it but I was done with having kids and I wanted to feel comfortable in my cloths. The day of surgery doctor wee made me feel calm and comfortable.
New Brunswick Plastic Surgeon

At the present time I am very happy with doctor wey and hid office. They make you feel comfortable and answer any question that you have.

To all my tummy Tucker's. Just going on two weeks since I had my TT surgery. How long does it take to stand up straight comfortably
I think it depends on the technique your ps used..some people say by 2 weeks they are standing up straight and getting around really well and others are going on 4 weeks and still feeling tight but close to standing up straight..I think im in the 2nd category, because I had a "high tension" tummy tuck....hang in there and be patient. .my ps told me when the muscles in the upper abdomen loosen and stop spasming you will be able to stand up more straight. Hope this helps somewhat.
Yes it does. Thank u so much.
It's been 10 days since my tummy tuck surgery. I am getting my drains out hopefully tomorrow. I am starting to get cranky from all the relaxing I have to do. I am not used to sitting still. But on the positive side my results are amazing. I will be posting my before and after pics this week.
Look forward to seeing your pics since we had our surgery on the same day :-)
The drains are the DEVIL!!!!!! you walked hunched over and protecting them like a bag lady. Making sure you don't catch or snag the drain on something.... but it is so freeing when you get them out!!! Happy Healing Hun!!!
So funny but so true. Thank u
So funny and true. Thank u.
Thanks. That was going to be my first stop.
Congrats on the s x hope u feel better
Congrats! I'm in NJ also and scheduled for surgery on April 4th. Sounds like you're doing well for your first week - that's refreshing to read since there are some horror stories on here! People think I'm crazy also - I've been told I look "awesome" ... Yeah, fully dressed in the clothes I specifically choose to hide my tummy skin! Bathing suits are another story and naked is far from awesome. Good for you!
Im in California and I had my Tummy Tuck on March 6th also. Today is the first day I could get off the couch and put on some yoga pants and sit outside for a bit. Im 49 years old so my recovery may go a little slower than yours. Good luck on your recovery.
Cariejean I see you're in sacramento like me! Are you going to post your details or can you message them to me about who your surgeon was and how it all went? Thanks!
Hey carijean. I know how u feel. Crazy that it's going to be a week already. I can't wait to get these drains out.
Hey 71beach. Are u excited? It is going to be here before u know u know it. Just make sure u do all your food shopping,laundry,house is clean before u have the surgery. Also make sure u have soft foods for yourself like applesauce, pudding, yogurt, soup, saltine crackers, and ducolax stool softener. It is going to be uncomfortable sleeping for a few weeks but just try to get as comfortable as you can.
I know..excited to get the drains out. Down to almost no output. Have a follow up appt on friday..love my new flat tummy even with the swelling.
Happy to ans anything for you. My surgeon id Dr. Sumida in Folsom , Ca. It went really really well. Staff and process was awesome. My recovery is going really good. I coughed once and thought I would die...SUPER PAINFUL. I cried like a baby, but other than that its been bearable. Didnt realize how much you use your core until you cant. Are you scheduled or thinking about having it done? Ask anything you like I will ans the best I can
I know. I still can't believe that I did it. Still not real to me. I just can't wait to feel myself again and go shopping for new cloths. So happy to hear u had a good experience.
I agree on how much u use your core. I have been fighting a sneezes for days now. I coughed once and I thought I saw stars.
Yes I am excited and I'm already preparing as best I can. I have a really supportive husband so I know he'll be here for whatever I need also. I'm sure I won't sleep well - I normally don't sleep very well anyway. I just hope those first 10 days go by quickly!
Thats great. My husband is awesome. He has been doing everything for me, even washing my hair and everything. Be sure to get s wedge pillow. .a lifesaver for sleeping and for walking we have my mother in laws walker and I have been using that. Helps so much with the low back pain from being bent over so much. Also get Boost shakes to have the protein to help eith muscle repair and to tske your pain meds. Works great. Good luck!
I totally understand. And it's great that the hubby will help out. It is a big relief. Good luck with everything.
Thanks so much. Going to look into the edge pillow.
Thank u. Going to look into a wedge pillow.
We found mine at bed bath and beyond..was a challenge to find.