Uncaring, Only Interested in Money - Montclair, NJ

I had skin tightening done with ulthera. It was...

I had skin tightening done with ulthera. It was very painful. the doctor did not address my concerns and in the end I only saw marginal effects.

if you want skin tightening get alma accent instead of ulthera. and pick a doctor who really cares about the patient.

Montclair Plastic Surgeon

the doctor did not address my concerns and in the end I only saw marginal effects. I went to Dr. G also in montclair, and she was so understanding and profession. I had great results for skin tightening with the alma accent.

Hi, can you tell me who Dr G is? I live in NJ and am considering different procedures, but the doctor really makes a difference! Thanks.
Hi Marge, the doctor who did my ultherapy also has the Alma lazer...I believe that Alma and Fraxel work on the surface of the skin whereas Ulthera works underneath the skin...so when I finished my procedure there was no visible sign that I'd done anything with the exception of some tightening on my jaw line...which was a good thing. also, don't be nervous...if you went to a good dermatologist in NYC I'm sure you'll be fine.
Thanks for that. Sounds like you had a good experience. I'll look into the procedure you had. Tightening around the jawline sounds great to me.

It is a whole other topic, but I'm trying to adopt the attitudes of French and other European women who don't put themselves through all this to the extent that we do. I recently saw a picture of Jaqueline Bissett.
She is very lined, yet very beautiful.
Your experiences are so interesting to read about. Does anyone know the difference between alma accent, ultherapy and co2 fraxel repair. I recently had the latter done by a well-known dermatologist in NYC. Like ultherapy it takes about 3 months to see the final result.Meanwhile, I don't think I'll have the tightening around the jaw line and under the neck I was hoping for. With this procedure there is considerable redness on the face and neck which fades over time. I'm still feeling nervous. It was painful, despite the pain killers and nerve blocks (injections) was given. It was a much bigger deal than I was led to believe. Your comments/experiences would be greatly appreciated.
Marge at RealSelf

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the review. I'm so sorry you are not happy with the procedure. Did you go back and talk to them about your concerns? Please keep us updated.

Thanks,

-Britt

hi Jersey Girl, Dr G is Dr Priyanka Gambhir, she is really good and caring. If you need a plastic surgeon, my girlfriend had a good experience with Dr Davis. my previous doctor in montclair is more known but cares less probably because he is too busy.
Thanks Sarah.

Hey Sarah, I am supposed to go to Dr. DiBernardo in Montclair for Ulthera treatment. After reading yr post, I am wondering if he is the same doctor you mentioned. Can you pls let me know? Thank you very much!

Hi Kittiemeow, Yes, the same doctor. my initial consult was fine, but they did not do right by me during the procedure and during follow-up pushing more stuff without addressing my concern post procedure. To be fair, you have to remember this is one experience at one point in time; I have no intention of ever going back to him but if you do decide to go to him or someone else, please share your experience so all can benefit.
hi, I had my treatment with ulthera one year ago. i did notice a difference but when compared to the Alma Accent or Thermage that use radio frequency, ulthera was let effective for me. of course, I did have more sessions (3) with the Accent with no pain. in the long run, ulthera is cheaper since you need more sessions with radio frequency, but for me ulthera was less effective. Auntie MoMo, you are right that this is probably doctor specific, my current doctor and reading material also tell me that ulthera is just as effective but more painful. I did take ativan and 2 percocets. I do not want to discourage anyone who wants to get Ulthera but also consider Accent or Thermage.
I am scheduled to have this done in Nashville on March 28. When did you have your procedure done? They are making me take an Ativan and 7.5 Lortab 1hour before, did they give you pain meds? Did you see any improvement? Did you have your whole face done? Is there anything else I should know?
Hi, I had my whole face done and I wouldn' t let this post scare you...sounds like this person in NJ just had a bad doctor. But definitely take the medication...it is painful....it's only been three weeks since I did it and I can see some improvement. According to my doctor and all the materials...the real improvement happens between 2-3 months so I'm not disappointed as I already see some results...though nothing significant. No one has come up to me saying "Wow you look great"! But I notice small changes. We'll see how it goes in another month. Good luck on March 28.
who is Dr. G? I live in the area and would be interested in knowing her name.