The Best I've Felt About my Skin in 20 Years - West Orange, NJ

I've been living with mild acne scarring on...

I've been living with mild acne scarring on both cheeks for nearly 20 years. I've investigated a couple treatment options (dermabrasion, laser, light) but they were either not suited for my skin type, temporary or simply ineffective. I then recently (and randomly) learned about silicon injection treatments and decided to look into it.

My first visit to Dr. Joseph started with a in depth consultation. Dr. Joseph evaluated my skin, talked about the best treatment option (silicon), what results I could expect (subtle, natural improvement, deeper scars would reduced not "erased") and recovery time (mild redness for a couple days).

After the consultation I was very comfortable with Dr. Joseph and the silicon procedure, so we proceeded to the treatment. Dr. Joseph applied a topical anesthetic, waited for my skin to feel numb and proceeded to inject silicon in problem areas. The procedure was painless and quick. The entire consultation and procedure took about an hour total. Once it was over, there was some mild redness, which was minimal after a couple days and completely gone after a week. Finally the results.

Two weeks post treatment and the best way I can describe it is my cheeks are finally smooth and level. "Valleys" are gone and deep scars have been reduced. It's a subtle, but to me very important, improvement. This is the best I've felt about my skin since I was a teenager. If you've been living with acne scarring and want to do something effective and permanent about it, go in for a consultation. This just may be the answer you've been looking for.

Im glad u feel good abt it too.. But, you should NEVER have put silicone in your face if that is where u had it done!!! U may like it now but u will not like it a few years dwn the road ... Lumping, etc n there is no recourse! U cant remove it
why not, you a doctor??

Hi A.C.,

Yay and another yay! I love hearing review where people feel better about themselves. Congrats! Will you have to get touch ups as time progresses, or are you good with the one treatment? Also, we'd love to see pictures. :)

Thanks,