Platysmaplasty - Muscle Tightening Only - Newport Beach, CA

In the winter of 2012, my twin and I got together...

In the winter of 2012, my twin and I got together for Xmas. We happened to discuss how we both felt like we were a bit heavy under the jaw and it made an impact on our looks. I decided to do something about it. I am the guinea pig twin, you see.

At first I was leaning towards liposuction and then I read a great review by Eric, founder of Realself, about how sometimes there is more to the story than just fat under the jaw...I'm talking about a weak/slack pair of muscles under the chin that doesnt feel like a muscle at all, but there it is, keeping your profile from being picture perfect! I opted to try the muscle tightening only first, since it costs about the same as lipo, has fewer complications and a shorter recovery period.

I flew back home to Orange County for the surgery. Dr. C's office was super fancy without making me feel uncomfortable and the staff is knowledgeable and so friendly! Day of surgery was a total breeze; It was totally painless and I was in and out in under three hours (total, from the time I stepped foot in the door to the time I got back in the cab). The surgery itself was nice and quick. I went grogery shopping afterwards and then went home and took a nap. Again, never felt any real pain...a little tightness under the jaw. that's it!

I have posted pics, take a look for yourself. Anyone who is thinking about this procedure, you need to know that there will be swelling. You'll want to see your results right away but guess what? you gotta wait. I put a pic of me nine months out (swelling long gone), so you can really see the final results for yourself. Keep in mind I was a mind case compared to most :)

Your results look great! I'm curious what made you unsure about your results. I was thinking about using the same doctor. Also, did you have some fat removed below and above the muscle, as well as muscle tightening? And did they cut and re-sow the muscle? Just curious. Thanks.
You look fantastic! Your results are wonderful! I am so happy for you....beautiful! Lilygirl
If you had not had surgery and just lost the weight, I wonder if same result would have been attained.
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Cruise and his support staff are all wonderful and work with a great attitude, which makes all of the difference to me. He is professional and knows what he's doing, so he is fast but doesnt need to rush, if that makes sense. I felt very confident with him as my surgeon. He and his staff answered all of my questions (and there were many! and i'm sure they sounded a little silly sometimes!) in such a gracious manner.