One of the Best Decisions I've Ever Made - Newport Beach, CA
My recommendations: 1. Pick a board certified...
- 24 Jun 2011
1. Pick a board certified surgeon. Not dermatologist, not otolaryngologist, not radiologist...a surgeon.
2. My doctor is one of the few who prefers to use general anesthesia for this type of procedure and performs the surgery in an operating room (not some office). Trust me, you want this.
3. You will feel like a stuffed turkey that is a spoonful away from busting out of your garment (this happened to me from the day 3 to day 14). I would order two garments one size larger than your normal size, DO NOT open them, and only use them if the garment given to you by your doctor is too small.
4. Wear your garment at all time except when you're taking a shower for at least 6 weeks. I'm 3 months post op and still wearing my garment at night. Good surgeons would recommend this.
5. Definitely order an extra garment of your normal size.
6. Have the procedure done on a Friday and get plenty of rest for at least 4 days before going back to work.
I was referred to my doctor by a friend. Here in Orange County, there is no shortage of doctors willing to perform SmartLipo. My doctor is a double board certified surgeon and very caring to his patients. The only downside is the swelling that usually lasts about 1 - 2 weeks after the surgery. I honestly felt like I was going to burst. I had to buy extra larger garments and deal with the discomfort and minor pain after going back to work.
I couldn't do my normal workout except for walking on a treadmill for about 4 weeks. I was back at 50% level for another 2 weeks and was at 100% level 2 months after the surgery. Now, 3 months post op I am extremely satisfied with the result so far because of Dr. H's wonderful work, better diet and regular exercise. This is not a weight loss procedure, so don't pig out after the surgery.
Dr. H is a wonderful surgeon. Though you may find other doctors who charge less, please keep in mind this is still a major surgery. In my opinion, being in an operating room with a board certified anesthesiologist and capable nurses on my side is the safest way to go. Dr. H believes in that philosophy. He is professional, he cares about his patients and most importantly he is good at what he does.