loving my new nose- Newport Beach, CA

I have considered doing my nose since I was a...

I have considered doing my nose since I was a teenager. I never liked the pointy, wide nose look of my nose. I want my nose to fit my face. I had my pre-op today! I was excited but now I have mixed emotions, I guess this is normal. I trust the doctor who I chose. I think once I see results and all is over with I will feel I am glad I did it!

Any pointers of encouragement will help? and if anyone went through this same feelings but ended up no regretting it I would like to know too!

First day after my surgery, had a great...

First day after my surgery, had a great experience! Had my appt at 6:30 am which I preferred because of me being nervous and anxious wanting to get it over with! When I got there and was greeted by Mindy my nerves began to fade and the excitement was kicking in. She made me feel at ease with her courtesy and friendliness. Then Mr Schawb the anesthesiologist was just as great asking me how was I was doing and about my family and suddenly Mindy wakes me up and tells me my husband will be here in 15 mins to pick you up. I did not feel groggily, or sick, from the anesthesia,like nothing. Dr Elam came to tell me everything turned out great! I have only took one pain pill since my surgery. I do not feel no pain. And I had not only rhinoplasty but also chin submental Lipo. I could not recommend a better surgeon and his excellent staff (Molly, Lupe, and Mindy) I will go to him again!

Day 4 after surgery. Much better rested,happy that...

Day 4 after surgery. Much better rested,happy that I breath better when I sleep, and to think I had no clue that I had a deviated septum. Thanks to my surgeon that was discovered. Excited about my submental lipo results! Now to just wait for my nose to heal! Feel more confident even though I have not seen the complete results but I know I will be satisfied!

Day 4 after surgery. Much better rested,happy that...

Tomorrow is the big day!!!! my cast comes off! I...

Tomorrow is the big day!!!! my cast comes off! I am excited and can't wait! although I already like what I see, I know I am going to be happy!

Sorry I have not posted. I returned to school and...

Sorry I have not posted. I returned to school and that aside of my childern and home I have been very busy. My nose is starting to take form and i am loving it! its still a little swollen but once it goes down its going I believe the nose will look perfect for my face.
Orange County Facial Plastic Surgeon

Excellent surgeon, excellent staff! Excellent experience! I will return to him for future procedures! Thank you!!

you look so great! I had the exact same experience as you with Dr. Elam. The nurse and Dr. Schawb were very nice and made me feel great. I wasn't nervous at all I didn't even feel the IV, then they asked me about my school and what I wanted to be when I grown up.. and bam! I'm awake.. no nausea very little pain or swelling. Thank you for the comment and conforting news I love your new look very natural and pretty.
Thank you! Although he tells me I still am swollen and a more definte final result will be until 6 months. So If I am liking my nose now imagine at 6 months! Same thing before putting me to sleep, they asked me about my family and next thing you know it the nurse told me to wake up, and with no nausea, groggly or painful feeling. The swelling will come later but nothing to worry about that is the natural process since your nose went through some dramatic event with the surgery. Keep us posted!! :-)
Looking good!
Thank you! You and I have the same issue about the tip still swollen and it will take about 6 months to see result but my nose is also coming along will post soon! You are looking great yourself. Thank God for good surgeons!
Thanks fpr adding another pic....once your swelling goes down im sure it will be great! Im going to send you personal message cuz i have a question....thanks!!
Your cast must be off by now. Hope to see new picture soon. :)
Girl! I see what you mean, about being swollen and to be patient lol I think after the swollen goes down I will like it!
All the best for your big reveal. I hope you love it!
Thank you! Still swollen but looks like its coming along and growing me!
My rhinoplasty is TOMORROW with Dr Elam and chin lipo too! I am excited...more so now that I read your story....congrats!!!
Congrats! how exciting! you are in good hands, I could not have chosen a better surgeron! Good luck and please keep me posted!!!
I agree, just did post op visit and feel so good in his hands!! Everything went well and not too much pain...just swollen black eyes...i feel great though....so gladyou shared your story and I saw it right before my surgery!!! Good luck and hope your cast off went well!!!!
Tomorrow is the big day!!!! my cast comes off! I am excited and can't wait! although I can already see the results, I know I am going to be very happy!
Yay glad it weren't well, will follow you story to see how recovery is!
Don't we all looks so beautiful after the surgery? I get scared looking at my after surgery pictures. :) But in the end we all hope to look 100% better. You look great, keep us posted! :)
yes we all do! lol but yes we all hope to look 100% better! and i think mostly do! i have waited for this since i was a teenager and now tha i finally had the courage to do it i feel good that i did! :)
That's outstanding. Now you just have to heal up and get better. I bet once your cast is off you will be thrilled. :)
That's awesome to hear that you didn't have all the negative effects like dizziness, nausea, and pain like I did. Lucky you!! :) Be very patient when your splint comes off to judge the results because your nose will be very very swollen. I've read many reviews where people say they hate their nose after a couple days that they're splint has been removed, but as they give it more time to heal they end up loving. Even though I read so many reviews like that I started to turn into one of those people myself because mine looked so huge when the splint came off, but I tried my best to be calm and patient and sure enough I'm loving it now!! Happy healing, girl!
Hieeee! Yes, I am blessed that I have had a nice and easy recovery!! My surgeon did mention I will be swollen but I already see it less pointy and less wide so I already like that! So I am excited with what I already see! :) your nose looks great, fits your pretty face! Keep us posted too!
Woo hoo congratulations on having the surgery and for feeling well afterwards. Take lots of care and I look forward to watching your progress!! I hope you are rapt with results. Remember to keep us updated...and we love pics :)
Thank you! Very happy with the whole process!
Glad to hear it ! Keep us posted on your healing!
Thank you! I will and I have enjoyed reading your rhinoplasty journey! Nose looks great! :)
The surgery went smooth! The staff was great from start to end! They made me feel very comfortable I could not be any happier! I will keep you posted of my progress!
Do lots and lots of research, do not jump into anything, listen to your gut feelings, look at pictures, ask doctor at consult to show more pictures that are not posted on his website. Ask him to show you before and after none edited pictures. And when you go into the surgery have clear expectations, understanding between you and your doctor. It is always better to have a conservative surgery vs. something over done. Its easier to correct something under done vs. over done. Good luck!