loving my new nose- Newport Beach, CA

I have considered doing my nose since I was a...

I have considered doing my nose since I was a teenager. I never liked the pointy, wide nose look of my nose. I want my nose to fit my face. I had my pre-op today! I was excited but now I have mixed emotions, I guess this is normal. I trust the doctor who I chose. I think once I see results and all is over with I will feel I am glad I did it!

Any pointers of encouragement will help? and if anyone went through this same feelings but ended up no regretting it I would like to know too!

Tomorrow is the big day!! Excited! :) 6:30am all prayers welcomed!

I think most people start feeling a little anxious as the big day arrives. If you trust your surgeon and know that he or she is board certified and has performed many successful rhinoplasties, you should be just fine.

Please keep us posted!

Yes, they tell me its normal what feelings I have and I know everything will turn out great! thank you!

First day after my surgery, had a great...

First day after my surgery, had a great experience! Had my appt at 6:30 am which I preferred because of me being nervous and anxious wanting to get it over with! When I got there and was greeted by Mindy my nerves began to fade and the excitement was kicking in. She made me feel at ease with her courtesy and friendliness. Then Mr Schawb the anesthesiologist was just as great asking me how was I was doing and about my family and suddenly Mindy wakes me up and tells me my husband will be here in 15 mins to pick you up. I did not feel groggily, or sick, from the anesthesia,like nothing. Dr Elam came to tell me everything turned out great! I have only took one pain pill since my surgery. I do not feel no pain. And I had not only rhinoplasty but also chin submental Lipo. I could not recommend a better surgeon and his excellent staff (Molly, Lupe, and Mindy) I will go to him again!

Woo hoo congratulations on having the surgery and for feeling well afterwards. Take lots of care and I look forward to watching your progress!! I hope you are rapt with results. Remember to keep us updated...and we love pics :)
Glad to hear it ! Keep us posted on your healing!
Thank you! I will and I have enjoyed reading your rhinoplasty journey! Nose looks great! :)

Day 4 after surgery. Much better rested,happy that...

Day 4 after surgery. Much better rested,happy that I breath better when I sleep, and to think I had no clue that I had a deviated septum. Thanks to my surgeon that was discovered. Excited about my submental lipo results! Now to just wait for my nose to heal! Feel more confident even though I have not seen the complete results but I know I will be satisfied!

Day 4 after surgery. Much better rested,happy that...

Yay glad it weren't well, will follow you story to see how recovery is!
Don't we all looks so beautiful after the surgery? I get scared looking at my after surgery pictures. :) But in the end we all hope to look 100% better. You look great, keep us posted! :)
yes we all do! lol but yes we all hope to look 100% better! and i think mostly do! i have waited for this since i was a teenager and now tha i finally had the courage to do it i feel good that i did! :)

Tomorrow is the big day!!!! my cast comes off! I...

Tomorrow is the big day!!!! my cast comes off! I am excited and can't wait! although I already like what I see, I know I am going to be happy!
Thanks fpr adding another pic....once your swelling goes down im sure it will be great! Im going to send you personal message cuz i have a question....thanks!!
Your cast must be off by now. Hope to see new picture soon. :)
Girl! I see what you mean, about being swollen and to be patient lol I think after the swollen goes down I will like it!

Sorry I have not posted. I returned to school and...

Sorry I have not posted. I returned to school and that aside of my childern and home I have been very busy. My nose is starting to take form and i am loving it! its still a little swollen but once it goes down its going I believe the nose will look perfect for my face.
you look so great! I had the exact same experience as you with Dr. Elam. The nurse and Dr. Schawb were very nice and made me feel great. I wasn't nervous at all I didn't even feel the IV, then they asked me about my school and what I wanted to be when I grown up.. and bam! I'm awake.. no nausea very little pain or swelling. Thank you for the comment and conforting news I love your new look very natural and pretty.
Thank you! Although he tells me I still am swollen and a more definte final result will be until 6 months. So If I am liking my nose now imagine at 6 months! Same thing before putting me to sleep, they asked me about my family and next thing you know it the nurse told me to wake up, and with no nausea, groggly or painful feeling. The swelling will come later but nothing to worry about that is the natural process since your nose went through some dramatic event with the surgery. Keep us posted!! :-)
Looking good!
Orange County Facial Plastic Surgeon

Excellent surgeon, excellent staff! Excellent experience! I will return to him for future procedures! Thank you!!