JUVADERM Nightmare!

I was interested in getting a more refreshed look...

I was interested in getting a more refreshed look but was not looking for a surgical approach. I consulted a plastic surgeon in Newport Beach and Juvederm was recommended to diminish an asymmetrical hollow look under my left eye for $550.00.
After receiving the injection of Juvederm my left eye had the appearance of a bug bite instead of a refreshed look. I went back to the plastic surgeon and she injected another syringe of Juvederm under my left eye for another $550.00. (A product of Allergan)
1 year later I returned to the same physician and reported that I was tired of this lump moving around under my left eye and being asked if an insect had bitten me. The physician injected Vitrase into the area where the Juvederm was placed to dissolve the lump that was put under my eye. I decided to have my eye tissue tightened by a different plastic surgeon to stop wasting time and  considerable expense on this filler.
My left eye literally fell apart in surgery at the injection site of the Juvederm.
The physician that injected me originally did not know why this happened. She did not offer to compensate me for the failed filler experiment and basically washed her hands of any responsibility for this mess.
I had to under go 2 painful skin grafts from behind each ear, painful steroid injections to soften scar tissue, hours and miles of doctors office visits and antibiotics.
Presently my left eye still does not close. It constantly burns and feels irritated. I did file a claim with Allergan and their response was " we checked with the physician that injected you and there was nothing wrong with the product so there is no claim" I have filed a claim with the Dr. that injected me and "they are looking into anything that was done inappropriately" . The indication for Juvederm clearly states mid to deep dermal areas not the thin area under the eye.
Please be forwarned, in my case a disaster happened and the physician and Allergan stuck together and stuck the patient with the cost of the product and the expense to fix the entire mess. It has cost me thousands of dollars and 2 years of my life and eyesight to get my eye back to this point. Allergan is aware that they can wear down any attorney for years to fight this. The patient assistance hotline people at Allergan  are polite, request information and then report that there is no problem with their product.
BUYER BEWARE!!!

Dr injected me with juvaderm, looked red and puffy...

Dr injected me with juvaderm, looked red and puffy left eye lid. Dr. Telney Lawton plastic surgeon dissolved it with Hyaluronase resulting in a large open ulcer. 2 years later, 2 skin grafts later, my left eye is still permanently damaged. Allergan and Dr Lawton still advertising , taking money and injecting away. They say they have no idea what happened, do not help the patient and you are on your own! This is Big Business at its worst!

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

my left eye is permanently damaged! When things so wrong you are on your own. be prepared to spend big bucks and if things don't work out this Dr will say well you asked me to remove it so I did?

That is just horrible. I am so sorry that happened to you. My heart goes out to you. I hope you're doing better now. Please update us when you feel up to it. And thank you for sharing your story. This is so wrong...there are definitely doctors/practitioners out there who do not know what they're doing. I hope and pray that my situation resolves in a way that is peaceful and okay. I send you healing thoughts and prayers. Biggyc
Can you submit a picture you had of yourself before the Juvaderm injection and one with the bug bite look after the injection? Is it possible that the surgeon doing the lower bleph. was the culprit? I hope you are very happy with your reconstructed eyelid. That was a tragic experience that no one should have to endure.
That is scary. Thanks for sharing. It shows us all that these cosmetic enhancements should be taken seriously.
Please let us know how you're going now. I hope that you have found someone experienced enough to bring your eyes back to normal. Maybe a professional on here could offer his expertise as a good deed for someone like yourself who has suffered.

Would you consider writing an update to your review, and maybe add another picture?  I'd really like to know how you are doing, I think about you all the time.

Ophthalmologists are eye doctors that specialize in the medical and surgical care of the eyes and visual system, and also the prevention of eye disease and injury. They can be either doctors of medicine (MD) or doctors of osteopathy (DO). While medical doctors focus on disease-specific diagnosis and treatment, osteopaths concentrate on the loss of structure and function in different parts of the body due to disease, including the eye. An eye doctor who is an osteopath would give treatment based on the assumption that treating the parts of the visual system with the use of medicines, surgery, diet, and other therapies, will therefore treat the underlying eye problem. An ophthalmologist is an eye doctor who has completed four years of pre-medical undergraduate education, four years of medical school, one year of internship, and three or more years of specialized medical and surgical training in eye care. As a qualified specialist, an ophthalmologist is licensed by a state regulatory board to diagnose, treat, and manage conditions affecting the eye and visual system. An ophthalmologist is qualified to deliver total eye care, meaning vision services, eye examinations, medical and surgical eye care, diagnosis and treatment of disease, and visual complications that are caused by other conditions, like diabetes, bad PS jobs!
(Newport Beach) thank you very much and so sorry about you eye I think doctor should play more f a roll, where are there hearts? they what the money
can anyone out there pls help me, i had juverderm put under my eyes 2 years ago and now im leaft with 2 pillow bags under my eyes and 1 look way older then my age, very very depressed and hate leving the house and to top it off has leaft me with blueish dark circles which are so hard to cover, does anyone know of a docta in australia that can fix this mess, very sad and forgot what happy feels like ;( any help would be great
that is what happen to me I am out of this only one year! the CT doctor put too much juverderm XC Ultra Plus under each eye? now that is crazy! I also had hollow eyes and now have big bags? Sunflower
I was told by 3 PS to leave it alone! and I am!
Use skin tightening creams ! cold plasma eye very good!
HI, I posted a year ago. I still have puffy area under eyes but it is better. Unfortunately, one side is still a tad larger and very noticeable. Pep just think it is an age thing. The lower bleph I prev mentioned was great and tightened up and removed the natural bags I did have. Isn't it wonderful I bought new ones?! Anyway, I have never had problems w/juv in other areas around my mouth where small lines are and sadly that doesn't stick around but gladly it never migrated. The hollow areas under eyes are the whole reason I had the juv done so needless to say they are there. I've read and heard numerous comments about how it should be injected under eyes if at all. Another Dr. told me to massage area. I do but don't know if that made it better. Either way, I wear my glasses most of the time, the frame sits where the puffy area is. How goes it for others from the past year?
thats what i was told thats why i havnt dissolved it
did this cream work for you? how long til you saw results
I still use the cream and yes I like it, it helps. there are some other skin tightening creams, they also work good. I like them, I would not have anything to dissolved it !
Which cream are you using? cold eye plasma? compresses?
can anyone pls help me and give me some advise, i had juverderm put under my eyes 2 years ago and now im leaft with 2 pillows under my eyes and so very depresssed, does anyone know of a good docta in sydney australia that can fix this mess? ;(
Hi anna. Look up Dr Naomi in Sydney.
Hi FM101, thanks so much for your reply, have you been there yourself?does she specialize in fixing mess ups from juvederm
You're welcome. I haven't seen her but I have been researching for 6 months now and read a lot about her, and her online blogs helping people with these horrible problems. She recommended someone in Brisbane for me so I've had a consultation with him. He seems really good but I plan on going to Sydney to see her too, the more opinions the better. She's 2-3 weeks booked out and very busy. Have you had a look at her website? Consultation is $120 and she takes that off whatever treatment you decide to have. If you write to her on her blog she'll answer you within 24 hrs. Hope this helps.
hi FM101, thansk for that info i had a look at her site and saw one case she had fixed for under the eyes and it lookd like she did a amazing job but she states not all have good out comes thats what im sceard about, i could make things 10 times worse if it dosnt work out but then if it works WOW i can have my life back, i wish we could find more plp in australia that have fixed it wit a dr so we can see who would be best to go to.. its so depressin ;( is your case under eyes also?
Yeah I know exactly how you feel. My nightmare is also under eyes from juvederm. Had it dissolved 9 days ago by an idiot doctor who put 150 units of hyalase under each eye when you should only put 15 max and if you need more then go again 2 weeks later. He wiped everything out including my natural tissue which is apparently supposed to grow back. I can't even begin to express how depressed I have been. I can see that it has improved slightly now but still very hollow and wrinkles I never had before. Plus pigmentation from the juve injections. It's horrible. I am now waiting to heal for a month before considering getting a little restylane to fill the hollows but I am so scared to hence why I'm doing so much research. But honestly if i was to choose between how I looked with the juve or after the dissolving I would probably choose how I look now. Ahhh if only we could turn back the hands of time.
sorry to hear that belive me when i say i know how you feel, when i use to get restylane it always lookd great but soon as i put juverderm it went all down hill, i spoke to a docta in the uk and he said you should never put juverderm under eyes, i was thinking to do a lower eye lift beaciuse when i pull just a bit from the corners of my eyes upwards it makes it tight and the puffness gos, its so deppersing how the drs do this to us and just leave us to fix it all and also i have heard about plp puting restylane under there eyes after dissolvin it and it lookd great but i would wait i wouldnt be puting any needdles now, i trust restylane but HATE and never will trust juverderm.. its like were playing chess every move counts and were not sure which move will lead us to success or to disaster, and also we should be useing a good serum and cream to help buld up our skin around our eyes... i dont know what to do im so STUCK, the docta you saw is that the one Dr Naomi told you to see? i hope in the end we will find a way to look great again... fingers crossd
sorry forgot to ask you was it swollen and bruised after the injection? i find it so hard to cover the pigmentation from the juve, any concealer i put you can still see