Chin Implant Removal! - Newport Beach, CA

I had a silicone "chimplant" inserted from under...

I had a silicone "chimplant" inserted from under my chin (so I have a scar) and I can feel it being there. I feel it when I talk and I am pretty sure it is resting on a couple of nerves because I have tingling still, even after a year later. I am getting it removed next week and will post after!!!!!

Before chimplant removal

After chimplant removal

This is only Day 1, so it's a little swollen and tender. I expect it to go down just a tiny bit more. Will post another after in 3 or 4 days.

Day 4 of implant removal!

I'm very happy so far with the results! It's looking like my old chin!
Orange County Plastic Surgeon

He is very nice!! I was super comfortable throughout process. Nurses were very sweet as well.

I am curious as to why you only paid $1500. I consulted with the same surgeon last year and I was quoted $2500, which was a surprise. Otherwise, I would have jumped on removing my implant. Did you not go under general anesthesia? Just trying to figure out why there is a thousand dollar discrepancy.
Maybe the location? I went to my original surgeon to see if they could remove it for a low cost but they said $1,500. So I went to another doctor that was much closer and the same price.
You have a beautiful natural chin, good decision in getting it taken out, much better to do it now than after it has been there for years and your skin is aging and looses the ability to snap back. You look very beautiful from what I can see.
Thank you so much! Yes I am glad I didn't wait longer. I was only 21 when I took it out so it doesn't sag. Luckily, over the months my chin skin has pulled in tighter so I look like I used to! (Minus the scar)
Did you have any complications from the removal? I'm thinking about getting mine removed... Do you have any recent pics? Tx
Can you tell me why you are wanting to take yours out? I just had one put in 3 weeks ago. Has your smile returned back to your original smile yet? My dr said mine will, but will take a few mos.
Yes, everything is back to normal.... Smile, sensation, talking etc... It took about 3 weeks to be almost 100% and it took about 3-5 months for all swelling to go down... Honestly, I just don't think it was worth it.. You can see my pics and its a big difference but I have a foreign object in my body and will for the rest of my life... I do feel it every now and then but I can go weeks and not think about it or feel it...I think I was in a low point in my life and thought this would help... I was always unhappy with my profile but loved everything else... I had a heart shaped face before and now it's more oval... The implant widened my chin a little.... Not sure what to do at this point and hate the thought of another surgery but just thinking it prob is better to do it now rather than 10 years from now
thanks for sharing. Yes, I know.. I did not want one at all.. I don't like the thought of a foreign body in my body, but my face seemed to start shrinking. I have a small face anyway and everyone ages differently..I am over 50 and in shape.. and my chin made my face look unbalanced.. I never noticed it until I looked at pictures --because straight on when looking in the mirror it did not look bad at all.. But,.. I definitely understand that we start loosing muscle, bone,.. and etc.. and I did not like the thought of it shrinking more in yrs to come..! I sure did not want an ip at all, but felt like I needed it. I just hope I am glad that I did it... on down the road-- who knows... I did hear that after you take it out you actually have a little bigger chin because of the pocket they had to make to get your implant in..and it's supposed to be rather easy to correct if you don't like it. good luck
Thanks! Hope you have a quick recovery.. Let me know if you have any questions... I've been through the whole process and what a roller coaster ride!!!
I saw your profile and it looks great. Did anyone in your family tell you they liked it better before you added it? -Since usually, family is the most honest about things like that?
No, nobody has said anything... It's just how I feel
Hi. I just looked at your photos and you look great. Is it the feeling of a foreign object in you? Because that was one of the many things that bothered me, among the tingling and actually feeling it there when I would talk.
I did not necessarily have complications, but recovering from any surgery is always hard. It was much easier than putting it in for sure. My scar is annoying and I often try not to show people.
No, it's just the idea of it all... I don't feel it and I can talk normal
Do you have any photos
The scar will get better. I have had many scars and they always fade and look better. Just give it time. The face is supposed to be one of the best places to heal. My scar from my IP is not flat yet (it's been 3 wks), but my PS said he has never seen one (of his patients, I guess) that has not gone flat- or gone down. PS's usually do not promise much-- but, he said that he promised me it will go flat. -so, I believe him.
Just wanted to let you know that I did have my implant removed and the augmentation is the perfect size chin for me
Just to add, my speech and facial expressions immediately returned to normal with the implant removed and my kids were glad to have me back.
Just wondering how long the tingling lasted after you removed it? I just downsided mine since it was sitting on a nerve to a button. Day 6 and the tingling is still there. Just wondering what your experience was?
I removed it altogether and the tingling went away within a day or two. However, if I touch a certain part of my lip/chin, I feel a little tingling. That is due to the implant being there and not my doctor taking it out. The tingling was a huge problem for me because I would feel it without touching it.
All discomfort stopped when I had the chin removed . My mouth went back to normal and my chin /jawline is improved.
Now it has been over five months since I had the removal. My chin does not sag. I was worried about that because of what some people said about it. But, I will say that it did sag at first for a few months, which is where the worrying came from. Now, it is much better!
I'm having a chin implant removed this Wednesday. I had it put in 6 weeks ago, but the chin is moving toward the right even though the doctor said that it is screwed in. My left top lip is sagging and I look like I had a stroke. I'm hoping to get back my old look. The doctor said that there may be some scar tissue in my chin and give me the look that I originally wanted. Right now I feel that I look like a monster and wrecked my summer with this surgery. I love the profile, but my face is broad and flat. Its not delicate at all and there is no "pretty angle" when pictures are taken.
Hi your chin looks so much better now, well done for going through with the removal, as I know it can be stressful!
Can you tell me how you ended up choosing this doctor to remove your implant?