Chin Implant Removal! - Newport Beach, CA

I had a silicone "chimplant" inserted from under...

I had a silicone "chimplant" inserted from under my chin (so I have a scar) and I can feel it being there. I feel it when I talk and I am pretty sure it is resting on a couple of nerves because I have tingling still, even after a year later. I am getting it removed next week and will post after!!!!!

I already feel so much better!! The pain is not that bad. It just feels like soreness/tenderness, but I am a person who can take pain. Tylenol should be fine. I feel like myself again!! I will be posting photos in a few days after I take the tape off. The stitches are absorbable.

So glad to hear!! I hope you are able to rest up over the weekend and catch up on books or movies you are behind on. Looking forward to the pictures!!

I'm glad to hear you have opted to remove the implant if it hasn't been comfortable for you. If you happen to know, I'd love to know the size/thickness of implant that was used.

Before chimplant removal

After chimplant removal

This is only Day 1, so it's a little swollen and tender. I expect it to go down just a tiny bit more. Will post another after in 3 or 4 days.

I just took a look at your pictures. I have to admit I didn't expect to like the look after the implant was removed, but I agree with you, it does look better!

How is your healing going?

Healing is a lot easier than when I had it put in. I am not numb, but I am sore where the incision is. However, today (day 4) I have no pain. It's still tender. I am taking antibiotics and I only took pain medicine for the first day and a half.

Sounds like a good recovery, all things considered. I hope it continues to go well. Keep us updated on how you are. :)

Day 4 of implant removal!

I'm very happy so far with the results! It's looking like my old chin!
I am curious as to why you only paid $1500. I consulted with the same surgeon last year and I was quoted $2500, which was a surprise. Otherwise, I would have jumped on removing my implant. Did you not go under general anesthesia? Just trying to figure out why there is a thousand dollar discrepancy.
Maybe the location? I went to my original surgeon to see if they could remove it for a low cost but they said $1,500. So I went to another doctor that was much closer and the same price.
You have a beautiful natural chin, good decision in getting it taken out, much better to do it now than after it has been there for years and your skin is aging and looses the ability to snap back. You look very beautiful from what I can see.
Orange County Plastic Surgeon

He is very nice!! I was super comfortable throughout process. Nurses were very sweet as well.