Getting Explanted Next Wednesday, Anxious About Outcome! - Newport Beach, CA

Reading this site has been immensely helpful. All...

Reading this site has been immensely helpful. All the ladies here look great and have given me confidence to do this.

I had casually thought about breast implants occasionally for a few years but was never serious about it until the beginning of this year when I expressed an interest and my boyfriend was enthusiastic and encouraged me to go for it. I figured I had the money, and at the time it seemed like a good idea. I quickly researched doctors and implant info and had the surgery on March 13 this year. I got very caught up in the excitement of it and just got sucked into it like a whirlwind. I have always had small breasts (even during breastfeeding I barely increased one cup size), and really never gave them much thought. My breasts were not a source of insecurity or anxiety before.

I was a 32A/B before surgery. My original plastic surgeon recommended 500cc high profile silicone implants to achieve a full C/small D size. I wound up a 32dd/ddd and they are just way too big for me. I noticed it immediately after surgery and have been self conscious since then. They look and feel very fake. I can't lay on my belly or hug people without wondering if they feel the implants. I can't stand the "foreign body" feeling that I'm constantly aware of. They are starting to ripple in the cleavage when I bend over and have dropped quite a bit. I got the implants because somehow I thought they would improve my appearance and my confidence, but I am more self conscious now about my breasts than I have ever been.

I have thought long and hard about whether I should exchange to a smaller implant or just explant completely. I'm worried that I would have the same feelings about a smaller implant and have decided I just don't want them in my body at all. I am worried about future complications and don't want to risk the need for more surgery. I just want to be done with this.

My plastic surgeon is confident that I will return to close to my old appearance before I had surgery. I am not as optimistic though and am pretty anxious that my breasts may be permanently damaged by these large implants. My skin seems like it's in good condition and they've been in a short time, so hopefully I won't be left deformed. I wish I hadn't done this but hindsight is 20/20 I suppose. My Dr is going to do some capsule work to raise my creases up, and do some internal suturing and a scar revision. My surgery is in six days!

I am home now from surgery. Everything seemed to...

I am home now from surgery. Everything seemed to go well. Everyone was really kind and the anesthesia went off without a hitch (no nausea at all which was a big concern for me). I developed a cold over the weekend and was worried that this would affect the anesthesia or maybe I would end up getting postponed. They said it wouldn't be an issue though. I woke up in quite a bit of pain around my incisions and inside the breasts. I think the pain inside is coming from the permanent sutures.

I had a a snack and took a Vicodin when I arrived home and it seems to be helping. I'm wearing a surgical bra that is stuffed with some medical-type styrofoam and gauze for compression. I haven't seen them completely but I took a quick peek and things seem ok so far. I think I'm pretty flat underneath the dressings but I was like this before implants. I am really relieved this is over and am now just hoping for a quick and smooth recovery. I'll try to upload a photo after my big reveal at the Dr's office on Friday. Thank you everyone for your well wishes, it means a lot.

I'm five days post op and back at work today. I'm...

I'm five days post op and back at work today. I'm a nurse and was worried I might have a difficult assignment but so far today I have been lucky and things are going well. I rarely feel any pain, mostly if I overuse my chest I sometimes feel throbbing pains round my sternum. The stitches were removed on Friday and now I just have steristrips covering them. I feel relieved at the appearance of my breasts. They aren't perfect but I feel lucky that they are pretty similar to their old appearance. I'm hoping they tighten up over the next few weeks. Right now they feel really soft and kind of delicate, if that makes any sense! All my breast tissue is in the lower pole. I wonder if this will improve.

I'm happy I once again can lie on my belly and hug people properly. When I'm all healed I'm definitely getting a massage ASAP! I do feel a bit self conscious in clothing since I'm wearing a tight sports bra. It compresses them down so I look pretty flat! I'm looking forward to wearing a wire bra with some padding. I tried on some bras at gap body over the weekend and I'm fitting into a 32b pretty well, which is about what I was before my first surgery. I'm glad I have those huge implants out of me. I've had the rare doubt about whether I should have just downsized, but then I remember how miserable I was with implants. I have no regrets explanting. Now I just need to forgive myself for this expensive learning opportunity!

My surgeon said I had mild bottoming out in both breasts that just would have gotten worse with time. I had my creases lifted, and he cauterized the capsule so that it would scar down to my chest wall.
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Oh my goodness, you look a thousand times better without them, before and after. You look wonderful! Congrats! And thank you for sharing, very inspiring and comforting for me, surgery on the 12th of March.
Dr. S is an amazing PS. He did my breast augmentation three weeks ago. He is one of a kind.
So, I'm new to this site, but I also had Dr. Shamoun perform my explant in 2002! He did an amazing job. After having a an infection in one breast and the muscle dropping the implant in the other, Dr. Shamoun did an amazing job of removing my implants and restoring my breast as best as possible! During pre-op he informed me that if it was possible to put new implants in he would...however, I woke up without implants. I think the best part of the whole experience was when I was crying about how no one would want me with my super tiny A breast, Dr. Shamoun simply said, "why would you want them then?" Those words have stayed with me.
I am so inspired by your story. I am getting mine out after three months and so hope it will look even half as good as you! May I ask how long yours have been in prior to removal?
You look great!! i too had 500cc and I'm looking forward to saving up 1000.00 to schedule surgery. im looking at March or April of next year. I was a B before and now I'm a DDD. I was told I only projected about a centimeter and that I should shrink up well. Can't wait!!! Your pictures are incouraging. Thanks! Take care!
You look so good! Do you happen to know how much your creases were lifted when you got them removed? Was it a lot or just a little? I'm asking because I think I will need to have this done when I get mine out.
You look amazing now you've had them removed! If only mine looked like yours! X
hey was yours above or below the muscle?? thanks! you look great and give me hope!
Hello Niknik,
i have not long been on this site but just read your page and seen your pics. Your breast with implants look simular to mine. I was a 34a before implants and asked to be a B cup but the surgeon made me a C cup! That was 5 years ago and like all what you mention about hugging people etc is how i feel and always have. I spent alot of money on these and felt bad to keep onto my husband about how much i hated them. I sort of tried to get on with my life. Admittedly i do look good in clothes--get alot of looks but i hate them--they are not me. I had them in as i was so flat, i wanted to feel more feminine and hopefully to give me more confidence-. I have now made the decision to have mine out-- were your under the muscle? I have capsular contraction grade II on my right side so am worried about explant--mine is booked the 4th sept under a local with sedation. I wish i could afford a general but my surgeon informs me it will be ok to have a local.I am sooo scared! I just want these false boobies out-- by the way you look great after explant!!! enjoy those natural soft boobies again. Thanks for sharing your story x
Please tell me how they know if u need external lift. Do u know if explant includes internal lift and capsulectomy if silicone?
Hi fun size! We have been talking on JBI. EXPLANT never includes anything. I have heard from some surgeon that an internal lift is blowing smoke in your face and it ends up falling and a waste of money. Capsulectomy removed the capsule AFTER.they have cut open the capsule and removed the implant. You may want to look into,'en bloc' removal which removed the implant and capsule as a whole (think pillow and pillowcase) so that none of the oils from the silicone shell are exposed to your breast tissue. This is especially important you have a rupture. In terms if lift, if you are young, did not need a lift prior, and have not had children or smoke there's a great.chance.you will not need a lift. They usually grade your sag by where your nipple lies. If its at the crease of your breast that's normally grade 1 ptosis it goes up to grade 4. If you did need a lift, its still beat to wait at least 6.months so your surgeon can see what to lift after your skin retracted and so that there's enough blood supply to the beat tissue so your skin doesn't die.
Thanks Sgfit if I have a reduction then do I need to do the en bloc? Are internal sutures a waste of time?
Niknik u look so gorgeous! Excellent results
Hi! niknik01 you look amazing!:)
Wow! You look great! You must be so relieved. What do you mean by, raising the creases?
Hi Niknik

You look amazing, pretty much back to what you were pre implant. So glad all went well. I'm back at work tomorrow, boo! It feels weird going back to work before my post op so here's hoping it'll go ok. Take care.
You look fantastic!! Almost just like me, except for I think you've got a little more natural tissue than I do. I finally figured out that I'm a 36A, I was so resistant to that 36 before because I saw that as "fat," but I wear the 36 because my breasts are set wider apart so the cups need to be wider apart, it's not that I've gained any weight. Anyway, congrats! Sending you good healing thoughts :-)
Wow, you look really great! Did you say the doctor raised your creases? I have to have that done when I get mine out, so I'm curious. If he did, there is absolutely no bruising from it! Congratulations!
I agree! You look brilliant!!! :))
Nik you look AMAZING!!
i have just seen your updated photo, i think you look great! with a little more time you are probably gonna look like you never had the implants!
I'm glad to hear things went well, you weren't flat before, you had cute perky breasts, and I am sure they will look that way again once you heal up!
Good luck on your healing process!
Happy healing!!! I'm so happy for you!!
Glad you're home and feeling well! Happy healing!!