51 Year Old Enjoying my Lollipop Breast Lift Without Implants. - Newport Beach, CA

I am an active 51 year old that works out...

I am an active 51 year old that works out regularly for my health. I consider myself a conservative dresser and work in a professional environment. Although i feel that i have stayed in good shape, with age, and after two kids, my breasts have really deflated and become very droopy. (I will be adding pics to this soon). I was not very large, 34D, but with the increasing droopiness I was having difficulty finding clothes that looked good, I always had to wear an industrial strength bra, no strapless bras could hold me up, so I was wearing things that I felt make me look much older then how I felt. About 6 months ago I really started researching a breast lift procedure. I was not adamantly against implants, but I did not want to go bigger, I did not mind going smaller, and I did not need to have that upper fullness that you get with implants. I was fine with wearing bras, but I wanted to be able to wear cute bras if possible. That is what I told Dr. Sajjidian when I met with him. After his examination, he said I could do just a lift without implants. So, that is what I scheduled to go with and what I ended up having on June 6. It turned out that he did not do an anchor lift, he only did a vertical lift. The 1 week post opp visit that I will post was a real surprise. He had me wear my surgical bra for the entire time and not take it off even for a peek (no showering). I followed the advise, the first time I saw the girls was at the post op. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised. I even had to confirm that he did not use an implant, because to me, it looked like he had! Now I know they are still swollen and that they will settle in overtime. But as of now, I am very happy with how it is coming along.

As for the Recovery: day of surgery, very groggy and do not recall anything other then tightness and a bit sore. On the day after surgery I did have pain and panicked a bit when I took my pain med and it felt like I was still in pain. I called Dr. Sajj and He asked me to double up on the pain dose that one time, then go back to regular schedule. All was fine after that. I d/c pain meds and went to Tylenol on day 6 without a problem and went back to work. I do get tired easily and I am very conscious of limiting activities and eating a low-calorie/high-protein diet.

9 days post op

I am 9 days post op. I am seeing a couple of spots of blood from the right areola and some inflammation on the nipple. I called my PS and he said to pit some aquaphore ointment and clean gauze on it. I will see him in two day and I am trying to stay calm and positive. I am focusing on a low cal high protein diet to help with healing. I will keep you posted.

Added Photos

At about 10 days post op I had some darkening around the left nipple and areola. Now I am 14 post op and it is flaking off and there is healthy pink tissue underneath. So, I am keeping it clean, placing ointment and keeping non-stick gauze pads on it. I still like the results. I look so different in clothes. I am starting to really miss working out, but I want to take it easy for another couple of weeks until the nipple and areola is fully healed.

Update Post Op Pictures-feedback appreciated

My recovery is continuing. The darkened areola turned out to be superficial necrosis , which means the skin died from lack of circulation. I am told this is a rare complication, but so be it. So, to prevent infection my routine has been showering in the AM, then a layer of Bactine ointment, non-stick gauze pad (I am still using the gauze for the other breast as well, but no ointment), I change the gauze at noon without ointment to allow it to dry, then ointment, and gauze before bed. The routine seems to be working. Most of the dark skin has sloughed off and (thankfully) new pink skin has developed. So, it looks like I am on the mend. You can see that the areola is going to have a pink scar that will affect the shape of the areola, but I am just focusing on healing for now! I still really like the shape of the breast. I still have steri strips on to help healing, except for the healing area and I still use a bra all day and night, except during shower, of course. I think they look ok, even with the healing areola. Let me know what you think. Thank you.

No more steri strips and new bra discovery

I am 25 days post op now. Took off steri strips a couple of days ago. Recovery is going well. PS said I could wear underwire bra. Wore one to work and i was in a lot of discomfort by the end of the day. So I have been experimenting with wireless bras. Found a great one, the Genie bra. Got it at Walmart. Love it. Here are some pics with me in the bra. It gives me the band support I need but does not rub against any incisions. I still am using non stick gauze pads. Looks like the incisions are healing well. The side view is the areola that has been healing. Still a couple of areas with scabs but looks like it is repigmenting so all good. Also, I did a 20 min low impact cardio work out, and I am starting to feel normal.

Things I am enjoying with my breast lift.

So I am still recovering. I have another follow up appointment in 3 days. Healing seems to be going well but I still have a couple of scabs on one areola so I am still using ointment (1x/day) and non-stick gauze pads (just to keep the area clean until healing is totally done. But, while I am healing I am already enjoying my post-op look. So, I thought I would share- it may help those who are nervous about their upcoming surgery and recovery.

Things that I enjoy about my breast lift:
I can wear t-shirts again without layering anything over it;
I don't slouch;
I look slimmer in my clothes;
I can totally wear all my swim suits again (even the bikinis !);
I do not have a "double boob" (the part that squishes out the top of the bra.

Hope all you you lovely ladies are recovering well and also enjoying the "perks" of your breast surgeries. :-)

Updated post op photos pre scar treatment.

Hi all,

I am posting some updated photos. I am really loving how the girls have settled in. They look natural but perky. I wore a bikini this weekend, and my husband said I looked great, that made me feel good. I wanted to post new pics because I will start scar treatment this week and wanted to show pre treatment photos.
Orange County Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Sajjidian is professional and honest with his opinions. He spent significant time with me during the consultation to make sure he understood what I was looking for, then he examined me, he then gave me an honest opinion about his recommendation and what I could expect. When I saw the results at the post-op visit and said how I could not believe the result he got without an implant, he said that he "under promises and over delivers." And he really did. On the occasions that I have needed to speak to him about a concern or a question he called me back in 20 min or less (even on a Saturday, and even from OR) and reassured me. He is always willing to have me come in if I have questions or concerns. His front office person that I worked with, Liz, was friendly, knowledgeable, patient and very kind (even when I was freaking out prior to surgery).

Wow! I went back and looked at your "before" pics. I can't believe the difference! You look amazing!
Thank you. I still have to adjust to the way I look now. I keep thinking that my breasts will fall to my waist when I take off my bra...but they don't! That makes me smile.
I certainly agree with the others. they look great !!! must feel wonderful.
Hi newmeagain, thanks for the post. Your boobs look great!! I am considering the same procedure and I am grateful you gave a lot of detail and pictures because I also don't want an implant, just the lift. Now I feel much more confident about this procedure.
Hi Eva, Thank you for your comment. I will be posting 2 month pics soon and will try to keep updating pics on a monthly basis. Do you have a procedure scheduled yet?
Wow!! I just saw your new pics and you look amazing!!! What a difference. The scarring looks very minimal in the photos. What procedure are you using for the scarring? I am definitely going to do this now; but alas, I need to lose a little more weight and save more money. But thanks to your posts I am confident in the results. Thank you for sharing with us.
Thank you. I just started using the "Scar Away" adhesive sheets (I got them from CVS) and I cut them to cover the vertical scar. I don't really see a scar around the areolas so I am leaving those alone. At night I use the Bio Oil (also from CVS). I will let you know how that goes, but I am not really bothered by the scars so I am not looking for any major changes.
Hey newmeagain , can you please continue to update pics as you heal, I am about to have my 3rd and last child, which I breasted my last 2, and am SERIOUSLY considering the lift within a years time (I realllly need it!) and looking around at results for the right Dr. Your Dr seemed to do a good job on you , I'd like to see3-6months even a yr post op on the results! I'd appreciate it so much!!!
Absolutely, will do. Good for you for planning ahead.
I am 51 also ,and I think my lift was done 3 days after yours and everything you said is right on! I love the look in clothes now and I went for a fast pace walk as the first day to start back working out and no bouncing, and that's with one bra on! I usually had to wear 2! My shoulders are back without trying! Life is good! Glad you are healing well!
Hi Bebe. Glad your doing well with your recovery and enjoying your new boobs. Cheers to new breasts. I will look forward to the updates on your review.
They look fantastic!!!
Thank you. I really appreciate that.
Bam! Your breast are perfect! I hope my surgeon can do as good. Thanks for the information on the Genie bra.
Thank you. I am getting impatient that I am healing so slowly. I can't wait to start the scar treatment but I am sure I will have to wait a few weeks still.
Looks great
Thank you.
You have great results! They are perfect shape without implants!
Thank you!
Amazing im new to this community and i would love to get a lift like that . Im a 38DDD I WONDER WHAT SIZE my breast will go down to. You look wonderful !
Thank you! For me, I was looking for a lift without reduction. I was a 34D before (but very droopy) and as of now I am still measuring 34D but I may still have swelling. However, you can certainly get a reduction if that is what you are looking for. Check out some of the "Breast Reduction" reviews on this site. They may be of interest.
Wow! You have a great shape for not having implants! I was a 34 D before surgery too and I was worried that I wouldn't have enough good tissue to look good without an implant. What did your doctor say about the superficial necrosis? Is there any way to fix it?
Thank you. Yes, I like the shape as well. The necrosis is healing on its own. In fact, except for a small part on the areola, it is almost all gone. There is a pink scar but the PS said that he thinks it will repigment on its own. We will have to wait and see over time. I am taking the steri strips off tomorrow and I will post new pics
Beautiful!