51 Year Old Enjoying my Lollipop Breast Lift Without Implants. - Newport Beach, CA

I am an active 51 year old that works out...

I am an active 51 year old that works out regularly for my health. I consider myself a conservative dresser and work in a professional environment. Although i feel that i have stayed in good shape, with age, and after two kids, my breasts have really deflated and become very droopy. (I will be adding pics to this soon). I was not very large, 34D, but with the increasing droopiness I was having difficulty finding clothes that looked good, I always had to wear an industrial strength bra, no strapless bras could hold me up, so I was wearing things that I felt make me look much older then how I felt. About 6 months ago I really started researching a breast lift procedure. I was not adamantly against implants, but I did not want to go bigger, I did not mind going smaller, and I did not need to have that upper fullness that you get with implants. I was fine with wearing bras, but I wanted to be able to wear cute bras if possible. That is what I told Dr. Sajjidian when I met with him. After his examination, he said I could do just a lift without implants. So, that is what I scheduled to go with and what I ended up having on June 6. It turned out that he did not do an anchor lift, he only did a vertical lift. The 1 week post opp visit that I will post was a real surprise. He had me wear my surgical bra for the entire time and not take it off even for a peek (no showering). I followed the advise, the first time I saw the girls was at the post op. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised. I even had to confirm that he did not use an implant, because to me, it looked like he had! Now I know they are still swollen and that they will settle in overtime. But as of now, I am very happy with how it is coming along.

As for the Recovery: day of surgery, very groggy and do not recall anything other then tightness and a bit sore. On the day after surgery I did have pain and panicked a bit when I took my pain med and it felt like I was still in pain. I called Dr. Sajj and He asked me to double up on the pain dose that one time, then go back to regular schedule. All was fine after that. I d/c pain meds and went to Tylenol on day 6 without a problem and went back to work. I do get tired easily and I am very conscious of limiting activities and eating a low-calorie/high-protein diet.

9 days post op

I am 9 days post op. I am seeing a couple of spots of blood from the right areola and some inflammation on the nipple. I called my PS and he said to pit some aquaphore ointment and clean gauze on it. I will see him in two day and I am trying to stay calm and positive. I am focusing on a low cal high protein diet to help with healing. I will keep you posted.

Added Photos

At about 10 days post op I had some darkening around the left nipple and areola. Now I am 14 post op and it is flaking off and there is healthy pink tissue underneath. So, I am keeping it clean, placing ointment and keeping non-stick gauze pads on it. I still like the results. I look so different in clothes. I am starting to really miss working out, but I want to take it easy for another couple of weeks until the nipple and areola is fully healed.

Update Post Op Pictures-feedback appreciated

My recovery is continuing. The darkened areola turned out to be superficial necrosis , which means the skin died from lack of circulation. I am told this is a rare complication, but so be it. So, to prevent infection my routine has been showering in the AM, then a layer of Bactine ointment, non-stick gauze pad (I am still using the gauze for the other breast as well, but no ointment), I change the gauze at noon without ointment to allow it to dry, then ointment, and gauze before bed. The routine seems to be working. Most of the dark skin has sloughed off and (thankfully) new pink skin has developed. So, it looks like I am on the mend. You can see that the areola is going to have a pink scar that will affect the shape of the areola, but I am just focusing on healing for now! I still really like the shape of the breast. I still have steri strips on to help healing, except for the healing area and I still use a bra all day and night, except during shower, of course. I think they look ok, even with the healing areola. Let me know what you think. Thank you.

No more steri strips and new bra discovery

I am 25 days post op now. Took off steri strips a couple of days ago. Recovery is going well. PS said I could wear underwire bra. Wore one to work and i was in a lot of discomfort by the end of the day. So I have been experimenting with wireless bras. Found a great one, the Genie bra. Got it at Walmart. Love it. Here are some pics with me in the bra. It gives me the band support I need but does not rub against any incisions. I still am using non stick gauze pads. Looks like the incisions are healing well. The side view is the areola that has been healing. Still a couple of areas with scabs but looks like it is repigmenting so all good. Also, I did a 20 min low impact cardio work out, and I am starting to feel normal.

Things I am enjoying with my breast lift.

So I am still recovering. I have another follow up appointment in 3 days. Healing seems to be going well but I still have a couple of scabs on one areola so I am still using ointment (1x/day) and non-stick gauze pads (just to keep the area clean until healing is totally done. But, while I am healing I am already enjoying my post-op look. So, I thought I would share- it may help those who are nervous about their upcoming surgery and recovery.

Things that I enjoy about my breast lift:
I can wear t-shirts again without layering anything over it;
I don't slouch;
I look slimmer in my clothes;
I can totally wear all my swim suits again (even the bikinis !);
I do not have a "double boob" (the part that squishes out the top of the bra.

Hope all you you lovely ladies are recovering well and also enjoying the "perks" of your breast surgeries. :-)

Updated post op photos pre scar treatment.

Hi all,

I am posting some updated photos. I am really loving how the girls have settled in. They look natural but perky. I wore a bikini this weekend, and my husband said I looked great, that made me feel good. I wanted to post new pics because I will start scar treatment this week and wanted to show pre treatment photos.

Three month post op update

Here is my 3 month update photo. My right areola is the one that had some necrosis and I don't like the shape. I will be talking to dr. Sajjidian about tattooing to make it look more like my other breast. That breast also seems smaller to me then the other one. It's the one with a side view posted above. I wear a sports bra to bed and still sleep on my back, but I am used to it now and it's better for my face, so i don't mind sleeping that way. Still using the scar sheets during the day and bio oil at night, not sure I see much difference, but the scars are not a big issue for me. Not sure why the photos are upside down, sorry about that.
Orange County Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Sajjidian is professional and honest with his opinions. He spent significant time with me during the consultation to make sure he understood what I was looking for, then he examined me, he then gave me an honest opinion about his recommendation and what I could expect. When I saw the results at the post-op visit and said how I could not believe the result he got without an implant, he said that he "under promises and over delivers." And he really did. On the occasions that I have needed to speak to him about a concern or a question he called me back in 20 min or less (even on a Saturday, and even from OR) and reassured me. He is always willing to have me come in if I have questions or concerns. His front office person that I worked with, Liz, was friendly, knowledgeable, patient and very kind (even when I was freaking out prior to surgery).

You look fantastic!! Thank you for sharing your story and posting recent pictures. I am getting a Breast Life without augmentation as well... and I hope my results are as fabulous as yours!!!
Thank you. I see on your profile that your surgery is coming up. I look forward to seeing your great results.
Fantastic results! Thanks for sharing!
hi, I love your outcome, I am 52 and just made my surgery appt for Oct for a breast lift (anchor). I have many autoimmune issues and only 5'2 and a large 34ddd chest. I am also a singer and have many of the same shirt issues as you did. I live in a hot humid SWFL area that I hate having to wear more than one shirt to cover my chest (mostly while singing in church) with hot flashes...lol. I am hoping for a wonderful outcome as you have. Any pointers?
Thank you. One pointer I would give is to discuss any meds or medical conditions you have with your doctor before your surgery. I had delayed healing and it may have been due in part to the asthma meds that I am on which suppress inflammation. I had that on my forms but maybe I should have reminded him of that as well because when I was having that necrosis on my areola I reminded him about the meds and he said he had forgotten about that. He prescribed some vitamines to counteract the effect and all is well now. So be vocal about your medical history and meds and discus any potential affect they may have on recovery. Good luck with your procedure. I look forward to seeing your great results.
Thanks, Yes, my PS is in touch with all my doc's since I take an immune suppressant called Humira so its quite tricky. I live with tons of inflammation in my body everyday so I have to be so careful. Thanks for your concern.
You look absolutely GORGEOUS! I'm in Houston TX and considering a breast lift along with back lipo. I'm a 40+ mother of one with size 32DDD. Your PS did a fabulous job... Too bad he's too far away; I'd use him in a heartbeat!
Thank you. I really liked my PS but I agree with you that you should use someone close to you. I think follow up is so critical and it made me feel so much better knowing he is only 20 min away if I needed to go in. I hope you find someone you feel comfortable with.
Going to do this soon! You look great!!!
Yes, you look great. Considering breast lift without implant. Thank you for the great photos.
Wow you look fantastic! Can I ask were you able to keep most of your size? What bra size are you now?
Hi. Yes, I am still a 34 D. I wear all my old bras and fill them out perfectly. Only difference is that my breasts are round and fill the cup instead of all squishy and loose, if you know what I mean.
I know exactly what you mean and I would love to have firm, roundness and instead of feeling like it's all skin... you have my dream results! But you were in great shape to start with so that probably made a great difference. You said it wasn't a big deal, but you really got great upper pole fullness do you think it's your surgeons technique?
Thank you. I think a surgeons technique and skill does have a lot to do with the results. I appreciate your kind comments.
Thank you for your update, you look great, so perky!!
Thank you.
You look really good. 100% success. So much better than before, to be honest :)
:-). I do feel new and improved. Thank you.
Wow! You look great. I am going to have a breast lift soon, I wish to have your results! Enjoy it and happy-healthy healing :)
Thank you.
Your results are awesome! Your breasts are so perky and round even without implants! I just had my first consultation with my PS and she said I should be able to get the results I want (perky and round boobies) with just a lift since I'm currently a 34D and don't really wish to go bigger. I had in my mind that I was going to need implants to get the shape that I wanted so I've been a bit confused after my PS through me that curveball. But seeing how great your boobs look without implants gives me hope! I read in the beginning that you said you'd be fine wearing bras, but if you were to wear a backless dress or one that has a deep cleavage that you would be able to wear a bra, would you say now you'd feel confident wearing that without a bra? I just want to feel super confident naked and be able to wear sexy tops or dresses without bras once in a while. My boobs look great in a bra, without a bra, not so much... Thank you for sharing your experience and happy healing!
Thank you for the kind comments. As to your bra question, I really had to think about this one. Physically, yes. My boobs are perky enough that I do not need to wear a bra if I wanted. But to be honest with you, after so many years I am not sure I psycologically could walk out of the house without one. :-). I am wearing soft cup cute bras that peak through my summer outfits which for me is a huge step forward from the granny underarmer I used to need. Many of my friends have implants. I can tell you that thier boobs stay very firm, they don't move at all. So they look like they are wearing a bra even when they are not. My breasts are perky but they do move under clothes,. I like that about my results, but if you want that perfect, firm look, you would need an implant. Hope that answers you question. Good luck with your procedure and keep us posted.
You definitely helped! Thank you so much for your response. I'm going to start posting soon about my journey to new boobies (implant or no implant... not quite sure yet).
I hope I look like this at 51, with or without the lift!!! Thanks for the positives. Am so nervous to have a mastopexy but your results are fantastic.