Results Better Than I Thought for 20% TCA Peel - Newport Beach, CA

I had pretty good skin to start with but there...

I had pretty good skin to start with but there were some things I wanted to improve. Not only did the chemical peel improve the items I wanted to address but it also had some other benefits.

***The texture of the skin in my tear troughs under my eyes was crepe like and would make the concealer look "cakey". The skin texture has been dramatically improved. The surprise is that my under eye circles almost invisible now. I don't even need to put on concealer anymore.

***When I smile I would get a bunch of wrinkles under my left eye. There was one deep wrinkle and the other finer wrinkles. Those fine wrinkles are gone and the deep wrinkle is much less noticeable.

***I had orange peel texture on my lower cheeks and around my mouth. Much of this is now gone. The deep texture on my left lower cheek is still there, but significantly improved.

***The skin above my lips looks awesome. My hubby even said "the skin around your mouth looks great".

I am now 6 days post peel and my skin is as soft, pink, moist and wrinkle free as a baby's bottom.

My skin is quite pink, but the pinkness is well hidden by mineral make-up. I love my new skin. I am glad I did this.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Dr. C has done a face lift, fat transfer and breast augmentation for me. I have been pleased with my experience for each one of those procedures. I knew he would be the surgeon for me to do my chemical peel. He gives great results and has a great bedside manner and his staff is awesome.

Thank you for the review! Is your orange texture still gone? Thanks.
It's been 2.5 years since my chemical peel and I am still please with the results. I've been noticing the orange texture coming back below my mouth. I am getting a dimple there. I think I am losing fat in that location. I have done soft tissue filler in that location and when I do that the skin gets a tad tighter and the texture improves. The skin does wrinkle under my left eye when I smile like I used to. A chemical peel won't stop aging...it just turns back the clock. I have heard that some people do a chemical peel every 3 or 4 years to keep their skin looking great.
Hi Misty, thank you do much for your quick reply. You look great and I am glad you are still pleased with your results even years later. May I ask what soft tissue filler you use?
In my chin Juvederm was used. I had a fat transfer back in November 2009. I liked the results. I went back again in November 2010 to add some fat in my temple and forehead. I eventually hope to have fat added to my chin as it will last longer than Juvederm.
Hi Misty, thank you so much for sharing your experience and I am glad you liked the results of a fat transfer. All the best.
One last question, do you know how many layers of TCA the doctor did and/or how many minutes? I know it's been a couple years now. Thanks again.
Hi Lef0x. I don't recall anything being done in layers. Let's see if I answer your question. The solution was only applied once. It has been a few years so I don't remember the amount of time. I could be wrong on this but I want to say maybe 15-20 minutes. I hope that helps.
you souldnt put make up on yet to help with redness use Aveeno cream with Calloidal Oatmeal you can get it from boots
Thanks Beam. This was my first chemical peel and I love the results. I also use Retin A to help my skin look it's best.

Your skin look great! Thanks for sharing photos. Howmany time did you do? Is one time will have a good result?

Thanks everyone. I am 4 months post chemical peel and the redness has gone away. I think the chemical peel is a wonderful procedure. I wish I could do my whole body to get rid of the sun spots from my sun worshiping days.
You look amazing!
very helpful...thanks for information
You look beautiful!!!!
brilliant day-by-day pictures, they are so useful to show exactly what happens

great results, you must be really pleased

Jen
prettymachine.co.uk
You're skin looks great!! Congrats on such great results!!
One hour before the procedure I put a numbing cream, Emla on my face. I also took a Xanax pill. Once at the surgeon's office I took another Xanax pill. I was then given numbing shots in my face. I did experience a stinging sensation that lasted a few minutes. It was better than I thought. A surgical assistant was there with a fan and that really helped. It was worth it. I am very pleased with the results.

Hi Misty,

Welcome to Chemical Peel community. Glad you had such a positive experience. Thanks so much for the pictures, it's good to see the many stages of healing. Did you have any pain during the procedure? Since you had such a positive experience are you going have this done when needed in the future? Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt