4 weeks PO. New pics posted. Bring on summer!

Scheduled tomorrow 3/28/2012 for tummy tuck with...

Scheduled tomorrow 3/28/2012 for tummy tuck with Lipo of flanks, inner and lateral thighs. I am 5'2 135lbs, mother of 3, including twins. I have debated over surgery for a few years and decided to move forward. My Abd has always been on the thin side (pre-babies), bounced back after my daughter but not so much after my twins. My thighs have always bothered me. Being short, the fat just seems to settle in my thighs. I am really nervous about this but excited at the same time. I hate the thought of being out of commission for so long and not being able to care for my kids and house but I know it will be short term and worth the hopefully long term improvement of my figure.

PO day #2. Still very sore. Not sure which is...

PO day #2. Still very sore. Not sure which is worse, my belly or thighs. Rolling walker has been very helpful. I guess the burning in the belly is normal from reading a lot of other reviews. But ouchy! I am looking forward to being able to get around better!

Postop day 5. The pain is subsiding. Have not...

Postop day 5. The pain is subsiding. Have not needed meds since last night. Feeling very stiff in my legs and back. It is a challenge to stand up and I can't figure out how I will ever stand up straight again. Trying to get in pleanty of protein but have very little appetite. My drains are draining very little but there is a lot of drainage from the drain sites. Has anyone else had this problem? Good news is that my belly is really flat and my thighs are quite smaller, even with all the swelling. I am sad that I will be missing my kids Easter program at church.

Tomorrow will be a week since surgery. Overall, I...

Tomorrow will be a week since surgery. Overall, I feel much better but still very drained. The worst part is trying to walk. My lower back hurts really bad. My legs are much less sore and there is no more burning to my incision. I have only been taking 1 Vicodin/day and 1 Tylenol. My one drain is not draining anyghing, only at the site. I called the Dr. Office and they said this is OK. Incision looks good and my belly looks really flat! Don't seem to have the overall swelling that a lot of people talk about...not yet anyway. Had 2 BM's without too much difficulty. I started taking a stool softner when I got home from the hospital. Trying to drink a lot of water and eat enough protein. Can't wait to be over this hump and be getting around like normal! My hubby has taken off this week and is been sooo helpful. I just don't know how I will make out taking care of the house and kids when he goes back to work. He works long hours and is gone a lot. PO appt tomorrow. I am sure he will take out at least one drain. Happy Healing to everyone out there. Hope all is well.

10 days post op. Feeling pretty good this AM. Feel...

10 days post op. Feeling pretty good this AM. Feel like I can get a little work done around the house and enjoy my weekend. Not looking forward to a full day of work on Monday and then off to get taxes done at 6 (procrastinated as usual). I think I will be really tired by the end of the day. Yesterday was a downer day, just frustrated over being unable to do the stuff that needs to get done and what I can do seems to take sooo long. I know, it will eventually get done. Looking forward to spending time with my family..they help keep my mind occupied and away from self-pitty. I hope everyone enjoys their Easter weekend and is feeling better.

PO day 15..so excited. Saw my PS today and the...

PO day 15..so excited. Saw my PS today and the drains are out! I will be glad to be able to wear normal clothes but not sure if I will fit in them yet. He said I can stop wearing my binder and just wear my comression girdle. I know that will feel so much better. I could not get the binder to stay in place. It did feel weird to have the drains pulled out, not too painful though. I was surprised to see how high up and far over they were. The end was all the way to the opposite side of the drain site up by the ribs. My fever subsided on Monday and I went back to work on Tues. Made out pretty well. I have a desk job so I did swell and stiffen up quite a bit by late morning. It went much better than I anticipated and I am feeling so much better! Hope all is well with everone.

3 weeks po today. Feeling so much better. Walking...

3 weeks po today. Feeling so much better. Walking upright. The drainage has subsided to the drain sites. I have yet to see the incision but will remove the surgical tape tomorrow. Can move into a stg 2 compression garment, yeah! My abs get really tight at work from sitting all day. I know that will get better. I hope to be all healed in time for swim suite season! Any suggestions on the scar therapy? I was looking at some ointments and the strips..it all seems pretty exspensive. Will post new pics soon.

I had my 4wk PO appt last Thurs. Went well. Dr....

I had my 4wk PO appt last Thurs. Went well. Dr. wanted me to wait to get on the eliptical to about 6 weeks and said I was free to do anything at 8wks. Can stop CG at 6 wks..yeah. I was excited to see that he gave me 2 silicone strips to use starting at 6 wks and keep on for 8 weeks. It is a good thing I did not go and buy any. Feeling pretty good but my abs were pretty tender over the weekend, not sure why. I am doing a lot more now..maybe too much? I am happy with my results except the one side of my incision seems to really curve upward..maybe it wlll straighten up when the swelling goes down. I would do it again and I am so thankful for no complications thus far. I really like my Dr. but am disapointed over the lack of pre-op instructions and just being told to know what to expect like they would be giving me the silicone strips. If I had not been doing research on my own, I would have really been in the dark. My size 9 pants are pretty loose and I am down 5lbs to 130lb. I have not seen that wt for quite some time. I do get full easily which the Dr said may happen with the muscles being so tight. Just feel like I need to get exercising. Happy Healing to all!
Dr. Johnathon Saunders

Dr. Saunders took his time to answer my questions, is friendly and respectful. I will let you know more post-op.

Hi gift to me. Looks like your scheduled in Aug! Congrats. I spoke with the nurse when I had a few concerns. She got back to me pretty quickly. He follows you pretty closely, post op. He does take the time during your appointments to answer your questions. I was a little disapointed with the pre-op appt because he did not give any post op instructions or handouts. Maybe it has changed because I called and let them know that I was dissapointed that they were not more thourough. For my pre-op I met with the Dr then he sent me to the surgical coordinator, where I thought, well maybe she will go over everything but she didn't. I had read a lot and felt like I knew what to expect but it would have been nice for the Dr to go over everything. You will need gauze pads, tape, we got some incontinence pads for the first few days, when the drainage was heavy and chair pads to protect the furniture. I started taking stool softners from day 1 and that worked out well. Remeber your protein and vit c for wound healing. Good luck! Keep us posted.
Your stomach looks great. I am looking to have my TT done. Which Dr. Saunders did you see?
Thank you! Dr. Johnathon Saunders is my Dr. Have you had any consults done yet?
Yes and have scheduled surgery for late summer as he is completely booked. I am waiting to hear from scheduler if an earlier appt is available but have not heard back. Was Dr. Saunders easily accessible with your questions/concerns post surgery?
im 4'11 my wieght going in to surgery was 133...am now 4wks po..im weighing 127..and lovin it!! were pretty similar stories....loving ur results im sure u are too!!
You look great! I have lost about 6lbs down to 129 to 130. I am very happy about that. I hope it stays off. It is so nice not to have a saggy belly full of stretch marks!
I'm getting my TT done next Tuesday and can't wait. I'm also 5'2, three kids, mother of twins! You sound younger and more in shape than me though. We are the same weight. You look FAB! Congrats!!! I hope I look like you when they are done with me!
Thank you! Yes we have a lot in common :) I don't know about being in better shape. Well you should be all done your surgery. I hope all went well. Can't wait to see pics.
It is really tight and does get a little uncomfortable throughout the day. The thing I like is that it goes down to the top of my hips and does not ride up like my po binder did. It keeps my belly really flat Good luck with work! I am 1 month po and still get stiff from sitting all day at work but it was not too bad going back.
Thank you LadyMacbeth. Hope you are feeling better. You will be surprised at how much better you will feel each day.
Do you like that Sears binder? I need a new one. Getting sick of my original one and I go back to work tomorrow!
You look great! Glad you are doing well. I'm a week post op and can't wait to be even farther out and feeling more normal! Happy healing!
Thanks! Yes the binder was miserable. So glad to say good-bye and good riddance. Having some burning at the drain site but sure that will subside.
Congrats on graduating to wearing a CG. I hated my binder as well. I had same problem as you. I was never able to get it to stay and it would ride up. I was miserable with it. So glad I passed that stage.
Thanks! Me too.
Congrats on you surgery. I hope hope you have aspeedy recovery!
Hoping you're feeling better. I'd tell the PS about the color of your fluid draining, you may have an infection.
Grr, feeling so tired all day. Fever up to 101.5, figures the day before I go back to work. I am thinking I better not push it and should stay home. I have increased drainage in my drains. One is draining a light yellow drainage with some stringy stuff. My belly has been itching so bad. I hope you all make out well at work.
Good luck on your 1st day back at work. My 1st day back is this coming Tuesday. Not looking forward to it. Oh well... I guess we must work to make the dough. :-)
Wow Laugh you are doing great and you are looking great too. I go back to work tuesday. I miss my work. LOL
I found it difficult to walk for the first several days. The tightness of the skin and walking hunched over put a lot of strain on my back. I really have not had pain over the past few days except in my back. The lifting restrictions make it hard to carry a lot like the loads of laundry I usually do. I just try to carry less and it takes longer. I could not pick up anything off the ground for several days, now I can kneal down but can't bend much at the waist with having the binder on. I hope you have someone staying with you for a few days. You will need it. It's pretty amazing how quickly I started to feel better, as far as the pain goes. Not to scare you but it was pretty hard to get up and move for the first 2 days but was so much better after that. I had the tt and the lipo of the legs so it was sore in both areas which made it harder. It will be worth it, a small price to pay for the improvement that you will see. Lots of luck. Just give your body time to relax and heal and you will do fine.
Hi there! Congrats on your success! I was just wondering when you mentioned that you can't do things-as many others have-it was after you stopped taking pain meds-are you unable to do certain things because of the pain, or because of the tightness is your skin? TT scheduled for Wed, just trying to be prepared. Thanks!
I'm still waiting to get the 2nd drain out...you look like you're healing nicely.
Thank you and so glad to be over to the flat side :)
Looks good. Flat as can be glad u doing OK and missed the painful gas