?

Hi RealSelf, I'm a 35, mother of 2 girls (4...

Hi RealSelf, I'm a 35, mother of 2 girls (4 & 3). I knew I wanted a TT after my first child, but wanted to wait until I was free and clear of having any more kids.

At first, my husband did not understand, but after much grumbling about not fitting anything and complaining about how unhappy I was about my body, he said he would support my decision to have a tummy tuck and breast reduction (I’ll post more about my breast under the Breast Reduction Topic)

Before the kids, I was a well-toned 5ft-0”, solid athletic build, flat stomach, size 8. After the kids I went to size 12 after the first one and size 14, after the second baby.

I am expecting this surgery to give me the boost in self-esteem and confidence in my body that I once had. Plus I'm looking forward to NOT having to adjust my pants when they rolled down or sew buttons on when the pop. Most of all, I'm looking forward to going shopping and getting my sexy back for me:)

West Chester Plastic Surgeon

What causes that?

Check out the MD answers under this link.  I found it very interesting...

Kimmers- before surgery I wore a size 5 jeans and now I can't fit into them. Do you think it is because of the swelling. Could I possibly be swollen in my hips, legs and butt.

Oh yes it is the swelling!   For some reason the body holds onto that for weeks...you may not fit into them until 4-5 months post op.

Frustrating all the way...
thanks I thought I was losing my mind. I was thinking about going a strict diet to lose weight. Something I noticed when I touch my stomach it feels like I have sunburn. It is the only way to describe it. Is that normal too?

Oh yes.  My tummy as well as all the lipo areas felt like a really bad sunburn.  It was painful..

That lasted about 4-6 weeks for me.
Lol...your right, I do need body armour, this is like the 3rd time this week she ran into me. The puffiness/ swelling is discouraging at times, I'm a little over 2 months post op, so I guess still have several months to go before I see a change. Thanks Kimmers

As frustrating as this all is you will get there.  I know it is hard waiting and waiting week after week.  Definitely not easy but worth it in the end.

Hang in there I know you can do this:)
How long will it take til the swelling go down? Anyone? I swell-up in the evening after working, some days more than others. I'm working out and lifting weights a few times a week,wouldn't this help with keeping the swelling down?

Today was not a good day... Last night my 3 year old pressed her weight on the side (at the incision site), trying to climb in my bed (it was so painful and it made me uncomfortable all day) This evening, she was playing and kicked me in the stomach, which is still numb by the way (when will the numbness subside?)...ouch!

I may need to take an advil and pray she does not come in my room and climb over me tonight.

Oh my goodness...you need to wear some body Armour around the kids...LOL

When my son was that age I called him the Bull in a China Shop.  He was always crashing into things and bruising me.

That swelling could last for a while.  Some days are good and others not so good.  I also swelled more when I worked out and that lasted until month 7 post op.  Also the numbness never went away for me.  I am one year post op and still very numb.  It really does not bother me anymore.  I would rather have that then the double muffin top...give and take here.
I posted new pics too. Take a look. Do you think the silicone sheets will take away that vertical scar? I hope so.
Your picks look good! What is I am using kelocote and or bio oil?
I am using kelocote and or bio oil when sheet is off. I hope to see results soon. You look great!!
I posted new pics
Actually you can rinse them (I use my kids baby soap or my dove soap, warm water and hang), I would have never known otherwise, but it says it on the instruction phamphlet. One thing that it says that differs from what my dr said is: instructions says to wear for 12 hrs and my doc wanted me to wear all day.
I do both, when I wear all day, I just switch out the strip, while I rinse the other. Sometimes I wear strip during the day, leave off at night and rub vitamin E on and put back strip on in AM.
k - thanks for the info. I am going to order. The girl on the phone said I couldn't wash them but I think she didn't know what the answer was so I call and talk to someone else. Any special soap you wash them in? BTW - your scar looks great so it must be working.
Per my dr's recommendation, I'm using Epi-derm strips, you can get it at Biodemis.com , if you decide to get it, puchase the entire sheet and cut into strips. I wear it every day, take it of to shower, then put it back on. Sometimes I leave the strips off at night and rub vitamin E (I break the pill and extract the vitamin E) directly on scar and put on strip in the AM. Recommended use of stips is somewhere b/t 8-12 wks. I've been using it for about 2 weeks so far
How are you making out with the epi derm strips. I ordered the scar FX silicone belt and had a reaction from it. They also sent me 2 small epi-derm gel strips and had no reaction. So I am going to purchase a sheet and cut up like you said. Before, I order them, I was wondering how you are making out with them and do you like the results. Also, how long does it last and how much is the one large sheet? I hope you are well.
Hi, I'm doing well with the epiderm strips. My scar is not noticable in the front, but out at the sides you can tell, but I think the strips helped reduce the raised skin of from the scar. I highligh recommend.

I've had the sheet now for about 6 weeks and I still have it. you can re-use the strips if they don't get to bad (I wash with warm soapy water then hang to dry). Cut the strips to about 1/4-1/2" just enough to cover the scar. I typically rotate b/t 2 strips and then change out after a while. Do not wear when you work out or bath.

One large sheet was a little over $100 with shipping, I am still using the same sheet.
Wow we are the same almost I'm 51/2 weeks out.. What are u using on your scar?
Thanks, 5 weeks post op
Wow your incision looks awesome! How far out are you?
That's good to hear (that I'm not moving backwards). Following the online program is fun to me! I'm learning so much about how to eat and what to eat... I'm also tracking my activity and measurements, its really cool!

Thanks for the vote of confidence:)

You have my vote anytime:)

Keep up the good work!  I am very happy for you.
I joined weight watchers online last week, I kick myself for not joining before the surgery (I feel like I'm doing it backwards), but my doc said I could still lose weight and it wouldn't affect the TT. I'm shooting for about 15-20lbs, hoping the swelling will take most of that, its been subsiding a little. Can't wait to get in a gym to start toning...not cleared for that yet... I see a light at the end of the tunnel and I am loving what I see:)