36yr Old, Mom of 5, TT W/Lipo - 12/14/10 - Newark, DE

I'm a mother of 5 beautiful kids, ages...

I'm a mother of 5 beautiful kids, ages 18,13,11,2 and 5 months, all delivered via c-section. I was left with extra skin which makes my belly look horrible. I'm very nervous but more excited about getting it done. Can't Wait!

I did it. I went in Tuesday very calmed. I woke up...

I did it. I went in Tuesday very calmed. I woke up feeling very sore and drowsy. Just like everybody said. It feels like you get run over by a big truck. Personally I think a c-section hurts more then a tt. I've had 5 so, I would definetely say c-section. TT you feel more a tightness and soreness that doesn't relieve to easy. The belly it self looks great. I have swelling and still can't stand straight.

Lol!! hopefully soon. Does anyone have medication tips for constipation? and foods to avoid. Thanks everyone. :)

13 days since Tummy tuck. I saw my Doctor...

13 days since Tummy tuck. I saw my Doctor yesterday and he finally removed the 2nd drain... thank goodness.. It was such a pain. Today I'm just waiting for the small incision to close and by Tomorromy I should be able to get a full shower... can't wait. I have to admit the incision itself never really hurted. The only thing that bothers me is the soreness from the drains (the tiny incisons) I am now off the pain med and feeling better.
I can't stand straight yet. Any ideas what I can do?

6 weeks Post OP ---- Well, I'm a little...

6 weeks Post OP ---- Well, I'm a little dissapointed with my results. yet, it's only been 6 weeks. I will be patient and wait to see what my final results are. I have a small pertruding upper belly. Dr. called it omentum. Don't know what to think yet... Overall I'm happy. I no longer carry the extra belly skin. I will try to post pic's.

Wilmington Plastic Surgeon

Hi,
I had my TT with Dr Chang as well.
Do you have before & after pic's.
Hi Ella0401,
I do have pic's. i just need to
figure out how to post them.
I will try soon.

Once you are signed into your acct. you will see the "Edit" button.  At that point you will see where you upload pictures.  Let me know if you need help.

Hey girl...glad to hear from you!  Sounds like you are doing well:)

Start taking the Milk of Magnesia every day for the next week...or at least as long as you are on pain meds.  That will get you and keep you going.

As for the foods..stay away from any soda, processed food which are heavy in sodium.  This will make you swell something crazy.   Also stay away from any raw vegetables that cause gas...this hurts!

The best foods to stick to for the first week or so are oatmeal, yogurt, cottage cheese, protein shakes, fresh fruits, eggs - cooked any way you like, and whole grain toast.

The first week is the toughest so just hang in there.  Lot's of rest, fluids, and keep up on the pain meds.
Thanks for the advise. I actually ended up calling my PS and he advised I take DULCOLAX and let me tell you, It worked great. Thanks!

That is wonderful!  You definitely want to keep the body flushed out :)
Hi Kimmers25,
I have to tell you, you've been very helpful. All the tips were great. I will try to post pic's soon. Surgery update ---- Well, I'm a little dissapointed with my results. yet, it's only been 6 weeks. I will be patient and wait to see what my final results are. I have a small pertruding upper belly. Dr. called it omentum. Overall I'm happy. I no longer carry the extra skin.

Give it some time.  It takes week/months to see the full effects.  The swelling hangs on forever.  Frustrating I know :)

Dr Shelton and Dr. Brown offer these tips about post-surgery constipation

Good luck tomorrow. I'm sure you'll do great!

Thank You! I am happy to have done it and I am doing great.
Tomorrow is my tt and I'm getting
very nervous...

I am thinking about you and sending good thought and warm wishes your way.  This time tomorrow you will be all done and have a wonderful new body!

Keep us up to date and let us know how you are doing.
Thanks for all the great wishes. I'm happy and doing better.
Do you belong to tummy tuck talk? If not join right now. It is the best $15 I ever spent. Will help you like you can't believe.

tt33-- we are blocking your account due to repeated promotion of a paid service. If you'd like to dispute this, please contact us using the contact us link at page bottom

Glad you have all of the help! You wiLl be very glad for that while healing.

Three weeks off is fantastic! I highly recommend three at a minimum. I hate to see people rush it and then suffer and regret not taking the extra time.

It is a long healing process so just be patient. You will be glad in the end that you did this for yourself. Best present I ever gave myself and it is like heaven having my body back!

Keep us up to date on how you are doing :)
I am so thankful to have a wonderful husband, mother and (oldest) daughter to help me. My boys ages 13 and 11 are very helpful as well. Have to give them credit too.Lol! My surgery is for 12/14. I will be taking 3 weeks off from work. I hope it's enough time to recoop.:) This website is so wonderful. I have learned many tips from everyone and I'm now only hoping for the best.

Welcome to RealSelf!  How exciting you are doing this for yourself.  Five babies...WOW you are a busy lady!  Make sure that you have plenty of help with the little ones after surgery.  I guess you will have to put the big ones to work :)

Are you going to post your before and after pics?  I will be following your posts as you go through the process.  Any questions just ask.  You have an endless supply of help and support here on the site.

When is your surgery?