Erasing an Impulse -New Zealand, NZ

I started adding to a dragon tattoo on my back...

I started adding to a dragon tattoo on my back about 2 months ago. A couple of days after I started, I realised it wasn't going as planned. I was devastated. I felt like my back was ruined. I got in contact with Michelle at Inkoff and she advised me to wait 8 weeks for my skin to fully heal. Last Thursday marked 8 weeks, and I went in for removal on Sunday.

The treatment was fine. No where near as bad as I was expecting. I used Emla cream to numb the area a bit first, and it felt like I was being pinged with elastic bands.

It's Monday evening now, and the tattoo feels like bad sunburn, so it's not terribly painful, but it is irritating. I'm already seeing a little bit of fading, which is encouraging, but overall there's not a lot. The tattoo is red all over, but there's not a lot of blistering like I've been seeing on other tattoos.

I will post pictures eventually.

Update on healing

Tattoo is healing well. I was able to do some karate training last night (3 days after removal) with hand weights (1,100 arm movements) and the tattoo didn't bother me at all, so I'm pretty stoked I can just carry on as normal. I was expecting to be out of action for a good few days. Although, I guess if she turns the laser up next time, things might not be as easy :P
InkOff