Had Tuck and Some Lipo May 16th and Still Blue - New York

I want to know if anyone else had the experience I...

I want to know if anyone else had the experience I had. I have been so blue since I had my surgery and still have not snapped out of it. I don't feel comfortablle in my own skin or in my body and everything is still so sore. It's hard for me to be a good wife or mother because I just feel down.

I think surgeon did good job and things looking pretty good, but I wasn't prepared for the soreness, the scars, the hormonal feelings.... Also, I struggled for a while to make the decision and to decide which doctor to go with. There seem to be so many techniques and my doctor chose to float my belly button to fix my muscles all the way up and then said he reattached the stalk so it wasn't really moved lower.

I feel like I am the only person who has had this technique and everything just looks odd right now. Also the cutting the cord thing has really bothered me for some reason even though he said he did reattach it. Has anyone out there had any similar experiences or know anything about this. I am working hard every day to get better - wow it's hard!!

Today is 6/4 and my surgery was 5/16 and i am...

today is 6/4 and my surgery was 5/16 and i am still struggling - i just think i made the wrong choice for me - i looked really good before and was a size 0 and all i had was a tiny pooch and umbilical hernia. i kept listening to people that i was so tiny and should get my belly button and hernia fixed. I thought about the surgery for 3 years before doing it because i was so not sure! again i tell people to really be sure because if you are on the fence you will not be happy at all! it does not make your life better in any way unless you are truly ready for it. i may feel different in a few months because for sure my pooch is gone and my hanging out belly bgutton is gone, but too in and of that itself makes me feel very vain and my children were so worth the pooch. Love yourself inside for who you are and accept yourself fully first and then if you still want the operation go for it then.

Had to go on meds t try to deal with the aftermath...

had to go on meds t try to deal with the aftermath of all of this and I have good results! I;m really skinny though and had no room to lose any weight - I had no excess so my face is gaunt and it is hard to eat! my scar is long, my tummy is swollen, i don't feel attractive or sexual and then I am depressed. before surgery I was felling sexy and happy and all was well - ready for my great summer and now I am in the dumps and it cost me 20k! This is outrageous! Doc lipoed some areas to give "balance and I went from 100 pounds to 91 pounds within a few days" just ridiculous what I did to myself and I regret it very much, feel like an alien and afraid I won't get my life back - scary stuff - I feel for anyone else who has suffered through these feelings, but would love to hear your stories and of salvation - how you got through it thanks

I'm better but still struggling to get used to my...

i'm better but still struggling to get used to my new body and all the feelings. anyone else had this experience? did you have a full or mini tt?

how long ago did you have yours? mine only over a month and I just hate everything about it right now - hate how it looks, miss my old body which wasn't even bad etc - i really should have waited so I hope the blues go and I will be satisfied at some point
It will be 3 weeks tomorrow. I am still very swollen and bruised. I have heard that it's normal to feel the way you do and it really should pass. I do understand the mourning of not having more kids though. I had to have a hysterectomy at age 29 after having 2 sons. I was pretty young to have one at the time. I'm 36 now. I had too much damage done from my 10 pounder that they had to remove my uterus. I went through that same feeling. Talking to the doc if you feel too down is never a bad idea. I had to do that after my hysterectomy and thats a-ok to do. I really do hope ya feel better soon KC1. Thinking about ya...:-)
Hey KC1,
You know I have heard that the blues are really normal after a TT. I have dealt with major depression in my life before my TT and I was concerned about this. I have had those same feelings a bit since the TT of oh my goodness but have I dont. Should I have done this, I'm nuts...lol. I can understand if you were thinking of another child. That is hard. I'll be praying for ya and dont be afriad to talk to you doc if you continue to feel really down. Hang in there, it'll get better!!
thank you for your kind words - it has been over a month and I am still blue and i just wish it would go away - i have 3 beautiful children to take care of and i feel sad everyday. i thought i would be better by now. think part of me wanted another baby too so feel sad that my body is back like before kids. i hope these feelings go away soon because right now i just regret it.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-
This comment does not follow our Community Guidelines and/or Terms of Service.
We reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Hey kelly....you should post some pics for us nosey tuckers..
can u believe i do not have any?! i wish i had taken some before and afters but I can't bring myself to take any yet!
hello kelly thanx for the comment i think us as mothers we have that guilty feeeling whenever we do somethng big for ourselfs and take from there time i thing thats why im trying my hardest into doin for my family becuz i just cant sit and around and do nothing but i feel alot better in my clothes i really could stand my fat bulging out when i was even just standing lol but everyones different wit there emotions im sorry that your having a hard time honey i hope it does get better for you soon i heard that some women do go through a period of depression so i hope and pray that u will come out of it soon
much love and huggss ;)
thank you precious and i am happy to hear you are doing well! i didn't love bulge either, but i've forgotten that! it's been tough emotionally and I am working hard on it and hopeful it will pass soon - i have beautiful little girls who need me!
I had my mm on may 12th. Yesterday was the first day I can honestly say that I was truly happy I got this done. I was a size 4 before surgery even with my extra skin. So, for me the swelling is the most depressing part. Not being able to fit in my clothes is hard to swallow, even if I have a flat stomach. The swelling is getting better because yesterday I was able to fit in some of my jeans. I looked in the mirror and thought I looked "hot". Up until that point I too was wondering what have I done. Just be patient with yourselves ladies. Your bodies will look better then ever, just give it some time. We all heal at a different rate. Give it a solid six months and then decide how you feel about it. In the mean time celebrate minor hurdles. Keep your heads up! Good luck!!!
thanks for the advice - i think time is what it needs and i was trying to rush to get it done before the summer rather than making sure i was truly ready and ready to trust the doctor. I am so used to doing things MY way and trusting my own instincts so to just hand my body over and let the doc decide how to do things was a challenge for me - letting go of control. He also was not the best at explaining things. Sounds like there are only really 2 ways to do a full tummy tuck - cut belly button outside and move the skin or cut stalk underneath and keep old belly button - that is what I had a freaked me out, but seems only those two ways as endoscopy not common. does anyone know how theirs was done? does anyone care or did you question your doc first?
u should be happy u didn't get emaciated like I did! wow was not prepared to lose 10 pounds in one week - my face is guant - not sure what he took off of me because cannot gain it back and am eating so much tummy pulling
anyway sorry for negativity, but i've hated this whole thing and would have welcomed a 4th c-section and a new baby instead of this! hope one day too I feel sexy and normal again because right now alien city
I had my TT with lipo and hernia repair also on the 16th. I feel the same way you do. It comes and goes. It's hard to explain isn't it? Why would we feel so down? I also feel uncomfortable in my own body. I think it's just the way we recover from major surgery. I felt like this after my first c-section and thought it was post partum depression but I think it wasn't now.
I know for me I am mentally run down from worrying about infections, and a variety of complications that can happen after a major surgery. I also anxious to get back to my life! Be able to move the way I used to. I am sore still also.
wow so we basically are on the same time frame of when we had the surgery _ i just pray that week by week I will get better and learn to accept what I have done and actually be glad - right now I am seond guessing and feeling just out of it - at least after a c section you have a gorgeous baby that you are tending to and breastfeeding etc - this surgery also feels like an end to all of that before you are really ready - this does feel like post partum but even worse - i too worry about what all the mental stress i am creating is doing to my healing process - it can't be ideal. i didn't question my doc enough and understand enough what the whol process would be like and what technique he was using and why - i am talking to someone who assures me I will get back to normal so just remember that - it feels like it won't happen and the guilt of not being a good wife and mother because you are not functioning well is also very hard - that is my role and I am a high energy Mom and right now I am a couch potato _ i tried to walk and could barely go around one blcok so then you wonder if everything got put back in the right place and if it is all healing
You should try to get out for a few hours one night with just you and your husband if you are married or a friend. I went out about two weeks post op for a movie and an appetizer and a beer and it really lifted my spirits. I notice the days I am stuck at home with the kids with no errands to run or appointments I get more down and more obsessive so I try to stay busy.
Kelly, how are you getting around? Are you able to walk around any better yet?
do u feel better now
i am still struggling
this was such a mistake for me
i lost 10 pounds and am struggling to stay even at 92 right now
oddly it looks good - i just wasn't ready for all these emotions and been hard on my kids i think which bothers me the most
I am feeling better than I was. I am still not able to move around like I was before and there is still stiffness and pain periodically but my mood is better then it was.
How are you physically feeling? If you are still not feeling very good physically then it will effect you emotionally.
You did what you did and you thought it was for the best. You are going to have to remind yourself that this is just a tiny moment in your life and before you know it you will be back to normal.
i sure do hope you are right! the sadness feels so big and so real. I think it's about loss also because i think i wanted another baby and this non-baby body I have now is weird to me.
I went through those "baby" emotions too, that part was very hard - I have two beautiful kids & just turned 40 & having this surgery meant that I am finished having kids. I am happy I did this, but that part was very tough emotionally. I know it is hard, but are you up to getting out & going for a walk? I know exercise has helped me feel great. I hope you are feeling better each day.
hey kellyc22....gosh, that's terrible that you feel this way. i havn't had my surgery yet but the whole depression thing bothers me because im prone to depression. ive heard that the medication that your required to take may cause the post surgical depression. apparently it goes away after a little while. also if you didnt get the result that you hoped for tends to cause depression. but dont worry about that just yet cause you need to have a full year in for the final result. and just so your aware....feelings of guilt are associated with depression...so try not to be too hard on yourself...chin up girl:)
my advice is to please just be sure you are ready - make sure you know the technique doc is using and that you understand it - and that you are doing this for the right reasons - out of self-love and not for anyone else because you are the one who will be in pain and will have to get through this - no one can help you emotionally - I would NOT do it until you have journalled and are sure and can go back and read afterwards how you felt before to give you strength through it - I admire people who sail through this - for me it brought up a ton of emotional issues
did you have your surgery and how do you feel? did you have a full or mini? yes maybe there is guilt I need to get in touch with so I will explore that more. Very hard not to function normally and be the Mom that I always have been etc.