TT 3 Days Post Op - New York

So I am 3 days post op without drains and have not...

So I am 3 days post op without drains and have not taken any pain meds today. I feel like I am getting better with each day. Walking around is rough and I feel some pain in my lower back from walking hunched over. My belly is numb with lots of bumps and ridges, but my doc assured me that would eventually smooth out. I find myself wondering if I did the right thing, which I suppose is normal. I think I'm just feeling badly that I can't be up and about with my kids.

You are doing fantastic for only 3 days post op.   Please remember to take this slow and do not over do it.   Try not to make any decisions just yet.  You are early in the healing process and it takes weeks/months to see your final results.  Everything will smooth out in time.

Keep us up to date on your progress.

Thank you so much for the encouragement. I'm on day 5 and definitely feeling better every day. Should I be wearing a compression garment?? My doc did not suggest one...

Thank you!

Good to hear your doing so well.  If your doctor didn't order a compression garment then don't worry about it.  If he had wanted you to wear one you would have been given one on day one.

My doctor never had me wear one either and I healed beautifully.  One less thing to deal with:)

So I'm now 11 days PO from my drainless procedure...

So I'm now 11 days PO from my drainless procedure and finally leaving the house a little bit. I took a slow walk to the beach and went out to dinner last night. Starting to feel more like myself both emotionally and physically, though I'm still walking hunched over. My aching back!

congratulations on yr TT! My PS didn't have me use any sort of compression garment or binder which spoiled me bc now I can't even get myself to wear spanx. I slept with spanx on for one night and that was it. I came out of surgery with only gauzes and micropore tape on my incisions. Happy healing!
Hi there. My back nearly seized up from the hunched up position. Get someone to lightly caress your back as you work on standing up. Really makes a difference! I also went to get a seated massage (facing forward, with a pillow to brace my tummy) from a trained massage therapist who just worked on my back and arms. That helped ease my back pain, too. Best wishes.

Dr. Epstein is truly a leader in plastic surgery. ...

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Dr. Epstein is truly a leader in plastic surgery. ...

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Stony Brook Plastic Surgeon

Updated on 24 Jan 2013:
Dr. Epstein is truly a leader in plastic surgery. He is innovative, his procedures are state of the art and he is a perfectionist when it comes to his work and patient satisfaction. I had a full tummy tuck 6 months ago and the whole experience with Dr. Epstein and his nurses and office staff has been stellar, from my initial consultation to my most recent follow up appointment. I am treated like I am the most important patient in the office! After my procedure, I spent the night in a local hotel that Dr. Epstein arranged for me, he and a nurse came to visit me for a checkup the following morning and continued to stay in phone contact me to ensure I was comfortable, which I was. He is so personable, that he even called me after hurricane Sandy to ensure my family was safe as he remembered I lived on the South shore. I am thrilled with my tummy tuck results. Pain was minimal (thanks to the innovative pain block injection I was given) and my tummy tuck was performed without the use of drains (Dr. Epstein is one of the very few doctors in the country to perform a drainless tummy tuck.) I have the utmost respect for Dr. Epstein and his staff and wholeheartedly recommend him to others. I feel so blessed to have found him and trust him completely. Dr. Epstein is truly the best!

Updated on 24 Jan 2013: