TT and Lipo of Flanks Scheduled for 2/28/12 - New York

I'm 35yrs. Old 5'4 and165 pds hoping to...

I'm 35yrs. Old 5'4 and165 pds hoping to lose 10lbs b4 my big day. I have 2 children 12 and 5. I have gained and loss weight over the years and realized that no matter how much weight I've lost my tummy would never be the same again. I'm struggling with my decision because like many of us on here since having children We have done nothing but give. I feel a bit selfish with my decision and keep telling myself that after all is said and done having a new bod (not as self conscience) will ultimately make me a happier person.

" A happier you is a better you" it's been over 12 yrs since I have wore a bikini... I don't feel any particular way about this but I'm pretty sure that when I do it's definitely going to be a "wow" moment for me lol. I feel really good about this site, it has been an inspiration to read some of the stories on here. Thanks to everyone and congratulations to those of you who have gone thru this as well as Good Luck to those who are waiting.

New York Plastic Surgeon

Hey Newbod how are you? Hope you're doing well.
Best of luck tomorrow, NewBod!!
Good luck tomorrow! You'll be in my prayers. I had an excellent treatment. Take your time recovering and remember when it feels overwhelming it all falls into place before you know it! All the best.

Good luck to you tomorrow!  You will be fine!  Keep us posted when you feel up to it during your recovery.
I know I can't wait!!!! My Pre-op is this Friday! I wish us the best of luck!!!! Let's keep one another posted.
NewBod526, Cat in New York our day is getting closer!
Thanks Cat :)
Good luck NewBod526! Can't wait for us to share our journies with one another! Same surgeon and our procedures are only days apart. My special day is 3/2/12.
Thanks flat abs soon, I'm so lucking foward to this as I'm sure you are. We will be on our way to flat abs soon :)
Congrats on making the decision, newbod! Try not to feel guilty - I know it is hard! We deserve this after all we do! Your kids are the perfect age, too - pretty independent as far as potty, getting snacks, etc. I had my surgery Jan. 9th and today I'm post-op day 14 - feeling GREAT!!! Still swollen but no pain and am just taking my time recovering. I'm happy to answer any questions you have! :-)
Thanks MaumeeMG, Im pretty excited. Still have some anxieties that have to be ironed out but Im trying to stay positive "think happy thoughts" :) Congrats on your surgey, I'm on way to navigate through your profile to see what your journey has been like. Happy your feeling good and are no pain its really encouraging to hear that... Thank You and I most certainly will keep you in mind regarding questions. Thanks again and happy healing!!!
Good luck, we have our journey on the same day. I also need to lose 10 lbs. Keep in touch.