My Journey Continues! - New York, NY

I started my Journey back in February 2012. I had...

I started my Journey back in February 2012. I had Lipo on my back, flanks and abdomen with a bbl. I have another review where I wrote about that journey.

Here I am continuing with my mommy makeover and starting a new journey my TT.
I'm scheduled for October 11th. My preop is on September 22. I'm excited yet really nervous. I went through alot of swelling with the lipo and I know you go through the same during a tt recovery so I'm not looking forward to "Swell Hell".

Good Luck to all who are going through their TT soon and to those recovering!

I went to my pre-op on Saturday and got my meds...

I went to my pre-op on Saturday and got my meds and instructions. Don't know the time yet they'll call me two days before with the time. I'm getting supper nervous now. Especially due to the fact that I've been getting post nasal drip and I'm afraid of getting sick. I've been taking my vitamin C and starting my arnica, vitamin K and staying away from the don'ts list. It's a little over two weeks to go. My medical clearance is this thursday hopefully everything will go fine with that.
Until next time!

I got me recliner with the power lft today and my...

I got me recliner with the power lft today and my surgery is set for Thursday at 8am! I'm excited yet very nervous I can't even eat. Went through a lil panic mode but got over it after setting everything up. I knew id be be nervous but I didn't think I'd be this bad. I've been waiting and wanting this for quite some time so here we go!

Surgery went well! Let me start with Thursday I...

Surgery went well! Let me start with Thursday I got to the surgery center at 8am got called in about 8:15. The nurse came in gave me a gown and compression stockings. The anesthesiologist came in asked me some questions then the ps came in and marked me. I wore my bathing suit bottom so he can see where I wanted my scar. Then it was time, at this time my nerves were sort of numb. The last thing ii remember is asking the anesthesiologist how long it took him to become an anesthesiologist. I woke up in the recovery room to the nurse Jennifer which btw was great. Not sure how long I was there but I was awake the whole ride home.

When I got home went straight to the recliner and fell asleep. Later on I ate a couple of mini muffins and took the antibiotics my hubby then gave me a shot to prevent blood clots he'll give me another one at midnight.
The first day home I mostly slept. I made sure to eat a yogurt everytime I took my antibiotics . I never touched the percocets I took Tylenol es and pm at night.

The second day was the worst day so far. I got lots of anxiety and pain but stuck to Tylenol I ate soup, muffins, jello and yogurt throughout the day. I slept I intervals of 2hrs the most. Walked around the house everytime I go pee and boy its that happening often. Today I also went to my first postop follow up and the nurse Charlotte said everything looked good. I almost passed out when she took the binder off and she put an ammonia stick up to my nose and just like that I felt wide awake! Today I went through the why did I do this to myself, but I know it will all be worth it!

The third day was the scariest my blood pressure was really high my anxiety was through the roof. My hubby took water bottles out the freezer and put one on my neck and my forehead and that helped alot. The pain is worst on my back than anything else.
The fourth day was pretty good I managed without any pain just discomfort. I ate some soft chicken tacos and guacamole and it was delish! It was nice eating something light that's not soup! Still eating my activia yogurt with the antibiotics.

On day 4 which is today si far so good I had my first bm this morning! It was smooth sailing lol I really think it has to do with the yogurt! Pain still low other than my back. I must say this recliner has been a life saver. Im so grateful to my hubby I couldn't have done this without him! My drains output is within the normal range so that's another plus!

Yesterday, was ok up until I drank water and it...

Yesterday, was ok up until I drank water and it went down the wrong way and I coughed OMG! Was I not ready for that, it hurt so much I thought everything was going to pop open. I put the pillow against my stomach but that first unexpected cough was pure torture. Word of advice don't drink too fast! Today I woke up with some pain took Tylenol and it has helped. The drain slowed down a lot.

Hi ladies, let me start by saying how important it...

Hi ladies, let me start by saying how important it is to listen to your bodies.
On Wednesday I started feeling alot of pain in my back to which I thought was from gas. Took gas x and yes slot of gas came out but the pain was still there. The pain was worst than the surgery. I couldn't take a deep breath and I could talk much cause I would feel out of breath. Thursday morning I called my ps and asked that instead of friday if I can go in that Thursday cause I wasn't feeling well. So I went in at noon and they removed my drain the last output was only 15 from the day before so that was good. My bb sutures also came off. So far everything looks good.
so I told the nurse how I've been feeling and she immediately called the ps and he came in checked me and sent me with a letter to the hospital. I go to the ER and they took me right in. After some tests and scan it was confirmed that I had bi latteteral pulmonary
embolism. I was hospitalized for three days with iv's and put on blood thinners for six months. I was walking around the house outside the house everyday since my surgery so listen to your bodies if something feels off get it checked out! I'm home now feeling alot better and ready to tackle this new journey of 15 days of shots twice a day and six months of treatment and weekly doctors appt but im so happy to be alive and recovering.

Since my last entry I've been going to so many...

Since my last entry I've been going to so many doctors appt. between my ps and the new clinic for my blood clots it's becoming overwhelming. As for my TT things are looking good. I love how low the incision is and I like the way my bb looks. I'm still really down and out due to dealing with this new condition. The shots have my arms all bruised up and the fear I live with is really taking a toll on me. Every time I feel a lil pain or discomfort in my legs I start to worry that another clot is forming. The pain in my lungs is still there not as intense but is there.
I'm must say that the way my ps has reacted to my situation has been awesome. He has kept in touch with the doctors treating me to make sure I'm ok. The nurse has also been great, calling me and checking on me. I went yesterday to another post op and I had a seroma ugh just my luck right, but the nurse took care of it and I have to go back saturday. It actually didn't hurt when she put the syringe my tummy is still a lil numb. So ladies I hope you're healing well.

Hi ladies, so today I'm 4weeks po. I must say time...

Hi ladies, so today I'm 4weeks po. I must say time did go by fast with the exception of the first week. I had my seroma drained one more time and now it gone. I'm still not standing straight and that worries me a lil I feel a tight stretchy feeling between the bottom of my breasts. I'm still sleeping in the couch. my ps doesn't want me sleeping on my side as of yet so I'm staying on the couch and recliner for another two weeks. My incision is not completely closed. There's this little spot right in the middle that looks a little open. Of course that would happen to me. I wonder what else. I officially hate my binder, they have me wearing a cg and the binder on top. I haven't taken any pics other than the ones at the ps office. Will try today. Hope everyone is healing well!!!

Hi ladies, I'm now almost 7wks po. I can truly say...

Hi ladies, I'm now almost 7wks po. I can truly say time has flown by. The first couple of days were the worst. It does get better in time ladies just be patient. I'm finally standing straight although sometimes at night if I did too much during the day I hunch a lil. I started standing straight about 4 to 5th week. My scar is healing nicely and so is my bb. I was finally cleared on my 6wk po to stop wearing the cg and binder but I still wear the cg especially at night it helps keep the swelling down. Binder I also wear from time to time but only when I'm really feeling swollen. I'm sleeping on my side and driving. My muscle repair is still very sore. some days more than others just wondering when will it stop. I haven't taken any pics I'm kind of a little dissapointed in that. I really wanted to document my recovery step by step but I slacked off. So ladies I hope everyone is healing and doing well!

Hi everyone, Sorry I haven't updated in a while,...

Hi everyone, Sorry I haven't updated in a while, My recovery has been not the greatest especially the fact that i'm still not flat. My ps said it's swelling but I don't know I do see a couple of fat pockets that shouldve been lipoed. I'm feeling almost back to normal. There's still numbness in certain parts of my belly espcially right under my bb above my incision. I've been feeling down and out so i didn't really take pictures but I decided since it's my one year po of my Lipo I should update and take pics. My main concern is that I have this dent on my right side that doesn't seem to get better. Then on my left side I still have the scar that the binder did. I never had stretchmarks or anything on my stomach and now I have two marks one on each side. I'm afraid that my muscle repair has been damaged and that's why I'm not flat. If this happens all of my biggest fears before having the tt have come true first the blood clots and now this. Sorry for being such a downer but we should write the bad along with the good too. I have expressed my concerns to my ps and he said lets wait till my 6 months po because it could just be swelling he did however say he was concern with the dent and he'll recheck it in my next po. Keeping my fingers crossed that this is all just swelling. I have posted some pics from pre op to 6 months Lipo po and then the recent ones 4 1/2 tt po and 1 yr Lipo po.
Hope you ladies are doing well!
New York Plastic Surgeon

Can swelling still be normal so far along? I have been experiencing more and more swelling over the last week or so. Mainly the areas where I had lipo done. My flanks and back have random knots in certain places. And I'm still super sore in those areas as well. I can now schedule my massages since I'm 4 weeks po now so hopefully that helps. I hope Dr Yager works with you to fix whatever concerns you may have. You've endured a throughout the surgeries, hopefully you won't have to have anything major done again. I'm noticing areas that I feel could've been lipoed more, but of course its too early on to tell if its swelling or not. But I really hope it is. Happy healing to you and hope all works out :)
*alot
Hey, yes swelling is very normal especially after lipo. You are probably right in the middle f what we call here swell hell. The massages do work and help on those knots. Lipo takes about 6 months to really show your results. You actually look great now so imagine when the swelling is gone!
Yes, swelling is still normal, you are still in the healing process. Once you start the massages they will help a lot. I don't have anything major, I just need more lipo done to the mentioned areas. Just give it time, but what you see now is what will probably be your results, just be patient though because everybody heals different.
Thanks for posting the good the bad & the scary...we all appreciate it. It keeps us real. I'm still sorry u went thru all that but you have a good head on ur shoulders. Be aggressive with ur PS & make sure they offer to correct what needs to be corrected...if that's what you want of course. I still think you're beautiful ;)
Aww thank you so much! I do plan on following up with my ps but waiting for at least 6 months. The thing is I don't know if I'll be able to have another surgery especially while on Coumadin but I'll see what happens when the time comes. Hope you're doing well!
Hi there, do you know what caused the bloodclots? I am a worry-wart and my surgery is tomorrow. Hopefully you are feeling better soon. My biggest worry is that I won't like my results!
First I want to wish you all the best tomorrow! They aren't sure where the blood clots came from but two nights in a row I didn't want to bother my family to help me get up and walk. Other than that I walked around the house everytime I went to the bathroom or drank my antibiotics I guess it wasn't enough. Make sure you walk around often. Im still waiting on the hematologist report to make sure it didn't come from something genetic. Try not to stress too much! You'll be just fine! I'll keep you in my prayers!
Jus, you should update your blog! :)
I will soon lol. Just been dealing with alot and haven't even taken pics. Hope all is well with you!
All is OK with me, hope all is OK with you! you haven't been dealing with issues from you tt, right?
Jus - you did it!! I've been away from RS for a while but I'm back trying to catch up with everyone's stories and progress. I remember when you had your lipo and were anticipating your tt. How are you feeling? How far po are you now? I can't believe it's been a year since my tt/bl. I need to update my story/pictures! Hope you are well!
Hey MaumeeMG! So good to hear from you! I'm 3 1/2 months out and I'm doing so much better after a rough and rocky start the whole story is in my review. I haven't taken pictures but I plan to soon. I'm still at the swelling stage. Wow a almost a year already. I'll be looking forward to reading and seeing your progress! Hope all is well with you!
Hey thanks so much! Im sooo ready lol! Let do this!!!!!
Hey Jusi, Im happy to hear that you like the results. I really like my results also. It's been almost 1 year for me and parts of my tummy is still numb. So just be patient, as you know, and you will be back to normal before you know it.
Hi, Brookhaven2904, I'm so glad you really like your results. Is good to hear that from someone almost a year po, time has gone by so fast. I'm being patient as possible after all i've been through. Every day it gets a little bit better. Nice hearing from you.
Hey Jusi, How are things going?
Doing much better. I was at the ps office saturday getting a seroma drained. How are you doing?
Oh wow! Glad to hear you're doing much better. I'm ok. My bb is infected. I was supposed to have the stitches removed on Friday, but Charlotte told me that there was an opening that needed to close. She put Bacitracin on it and told me to go back on Wed to remove the stitches. I'm hoping I'll be able to go with this storm and all. Wish I can turn back the time.
How much longer do you have to continue to be drained?
Dam, I hope everything goes well on wed. Hopefully when I go on Thursday it would be gone if not let them drain it out. It didn't hurt. I like Charlotte but when I went Saturday the ps took the appt instead because I'm on blood thinners he wanted to drain it himself. Keep it stuffed Anita took the stuffing out but I asked the ps to put it back. All the girls that ended up with nice bb kept it stuffed even used a small marble after it was completely healed.
I did all of that the first time. I kept it stuffed with gauze and even tried a marble, but my bb still came out horrible. Now, round two and I'm still going through some bs!!!!
Anita's back?
That sucks hopefully this is it. I really hope you're good after this. Yes, Anita is back. Last Thursday I had an appt with Charlotte but Yager gave my chart to Anita and she saw me and drained the seroma for the first time. Then Saturday Yager drained it.
Oh ok. I hope you don't need to be drained anymore. Post pics soon.