Talented Surgeon For Ethnic Rhinoplasty - New York, NY

I had an "ethnic" rhinoplasty done by Dr. Pearlman...

I had an "ethnic" rhinoplasty done by Dr. Pearlman about 3 weeks ago and, although I can't see the final result so soon, I know it's going to be great. One thing: be prepared for (normal) tip swelling that lasts a while, especially if you have thick skin. Good luck!

Thanks for sharing on RealSelf! How did you feel about your new look once your cast came off?

To be honest, I felt as though the top half of the nose looked great and the lower half unlike what I saw in the simulation photos. But in patients with thick skin like mine and who have various modifications done (i.e. deviated septum correction, dorsal hump removal, cartilage grafts added to the tip), the nose takes more time to evolve to the final result than in patients with thinner skin and fewer modifications. The young white girls who show up on the news getting nose jobs after being bullied in school can easily feel great when the cast comes off, but it doesn't work that way for everyone. It all depends on your anatomy, skin type, and what was done. I think the key is to find a highly capable surgeon with whom you have good rapport and whom you can trust. I certainly trust Dr. Pearlman.
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon

He is gracious even to anxious patients like me & I highly recommend him.