Rhinoplasty to Reduce Overall Size and Improve Profile - New York, NY

Pros: Nice profile view. Cons: Expensive,...

Pros: Nice profile view.

Cons: Expensive, painful.

I went ahead with this procedure to reduce the overall size off my nose. I requested for my profile view to be improved as well. the day of the procedure everything went great. I didn't feel a thing nor was I nauseous after the procedure. I did feel some discomfort afterwards.

Right now I'm trying not to freak out too much about the swelling and the fact one of my nostrils looks bigger than the other since I'm still healing.

I had a rhinoplasty about 4 weeks ago. Seven days after the procedure i went back to see my surgeon to get the cast off. When the cast came off I was surprised not because my nose was swollen nut because it looked great. The tip was a bit swollen but nothing to fret about. My problem started the morning after. My entire nose was swollen including tip and nostrils. Is this normal? Why was my nose so perfect the day the cast came off and now on week 4 it looks so big again?

Well more than 16 months later the nose didnt look...

Well more than 16 months later the nose didnt look that much different. I know now that I have thick skin and that's why changes where minimal. He could have told me that during consultation and not made me think the change I wanted was not realistic. The cost reflected a discount because various procedures were done.

New York Facial Plastic Surgeon

I always felt rush whenever the doctor had to talk with me. Also didnt do everything I asked and paid for.

i didnt go through with the surgery with dr. miller i actually ended up switching to dr. sam rizk I just had my surgery 2 days ago. everything went well. Im just really really swollen cant wait to see how ill look as the swelling goes down.
I was thinking of getting a consult with dr rizk for revision rhino. Are you happy with the final results? Why did you pick him and not miller or someone else? It's so confusing and scary to choose, they all have good and bad reviews.

Is there any chance u can send me before and after pics of urself? Im suppose to be getting rhinoplasty done with him in January but i wanted to see and hear for myself what a patient of his looks and thinks because still nervous and having some doubts as to if hell do a good job on me or not thanks

damn i just saw this comment. I hope your surgery went well. he will do a good job. i was 8 out of 10 satisfied, but i have a new favorite doc now. Samieh Rizk.
who did your nose?? Looking for a good, affordable doc!! Thanks!

It was {edited}. Its expensive. About $10,000. I think he may have been a little too conservative, but i will wait until next year to make a fair judgement cause i know it still looks swollen. i should have done it overseas for a lot less though.

Edited by Sharon: We've added your provider details to the review. Thanks!
I had mine done a year ago. Everyday is different depending on the weather, temperature, and exposure to air, heat, and etc. The actual result should be 1-year (or later) after your surgery. Nothing to worry about.
yes i know the swelling will go down for the next 2 years but i was wondering if it was normal the swelling came a few hours after the cast came off.
Yes, it is normal. Because once the cast comes off, your skin/tissue is exposed to the air mixed with the chemical and the work done on your nose, the swelling will eventually occur.
I see. Thanks, now I feel much better. Now if only these stitches didn't bother me so much. i can't wait until they come out.

For some reason, rhinoplasty swelling seems to take forever to go away (it's really 12-18 months, according to what I've read around the site).

I would guess that the cast was compressing your nose and keeping some of the swelling down. Now that it's off, you're getting more of the normal post-rhinoplasty swelling. That's my 2 cents, anyway.

Best of luck with your recovery and please keep us posted on your progress!