I have scheduled the surgery with Dr. Robert Guida...

I have scheduled the surgery with Dr. Robert Guida on may 24th. Today I had the last consultation prior to the surgery. The doctor was very reassuring that the surgery will go well and he will do his best to make my nose look better than now. I've read so many reviews about him that I am truly confident that he will do a great job.
Judging from you profile pic (although small) you already have such a pretty face! Can't imagine you could use too much improvement! I hope you love your new nose :)
Oh thank you so much. I hope the doctor can fix my nose after being broken for so long. Will keep you guys posted. Thank you once again

Thanks for starting your story! Please keep us updated on your journey.

Here's a list of supplies that might be helpful for recovery.

4 more days until the surgery. Before pictures

As most of us on this community, I was bullied in middle school about my nose. I fell at the age of 7 from a cherry tree and tht broke my nose and deviated my septum. I was afraid for so many years to do it since I was always reading bad stories and that was making me scared to try fix my nose.
Thanks to you guys and the whole Realself community I found trustworthy information to rely on and so I found my doctor after months of reading reviews.
I will upload some pictures with my nose as it is now. I will update my experience as I get closer to the Big day.
Good luck with your surgery!!!
Thanks a lot. Today is the day. Keep you guys posted

Thanks for posting your photos! You're a beauty already. My goodness. You're just a few days away! Eek!

The BIG day...

So today is mu surgery and I am very excited. Despite the fact that I haven't had a sip of water since last night at midnight I am fine. I think I am more excited that I will get to eat after the surgery that having the surgery itself hahaha. My surgery is at 1:30PM today and I will upload pictures later in the day. I only hope I don't get bruised too much after the surgery. Wish me luck guys.
whoa - good luck! It's today :) I'm five days postop myself so I still remember the day of my surgery very well! Looking forward to the update!
Thank you very much. I am recovering well ;) will keep you guys posted
Good luck! Hope all is going well!

After surgery

Guys I just got home in bed. Here's a photo. Will write more tomorrow once I wake up. Thanks for support. It went well and I feel great
Good luck with your recovery.
im glad it went well!! i had my surgery on monday so i still have my cast on as well :) best of luck!

2nd day after the surgery

Hello guys. So sorry I didn't update my status yesterday, I was in a little bit of discomfort... Today I am feeling much better. I can feel already most of my face.
Let me tell you about the procedure and the hours after it. I had my operation done at the midtown Surgery Center in New York City. The personnel at that center went above and beyond to make my expertise there as relaxing and pleasant as possible. After the nurses prepared me for the surgery, Dr Robert Guida came to check on me. The doctor asked me again how is my breathing and how do I feel in general. He had all my profile with him, showed me the pictures of how would my nose look like after the surgery and I knew I was ready to have it done. In few minutes afterword another doctor approached me and we discussed anestisia. In no time I was on the operation table and the only thing I remember is that they told me I will relaxing in few minutes.
I woke up in the recovery room with a nurse on my side asking me if I want to eat and drink. She got me apple juice with some crackers. The second time I opened my eyes, my boyfriend was by my side and the nurse was showing him how to change my bandages and discussing the post op hours. I recovered with a slight headache and no pain whatsoever. After I got home I was very swallowen and my boyfriend was on my side all night long changing the bandages underneath the nose and applying arnica gel on the bruised area. I did not sleep at all since I was not very comfortable sleeping sitting.
I did not take any pain medication since I did not have any pain which makes me very glad.
Today I can feel my face much better and I don't have as much discharge from the nose as I used to in the first day.
I will attach some pictures from the day after the surgery and the 2nd day after so you can see a difference in bruising. I am healing very well and I can't thank enough Dr Guida for being such a great doctor and sparing me the pain.
My boyfriend keeps tell me how beautiful I am and how beautiful my nose is. I love my nose since looks better that what I had. Will keep you guys posted as I recover. Can't wait to go visit the doctor on Friday to take the cast off.
Hi, could you explain how your price quote is this low? is it because you're having minimal work done? I am interested in Dr. G as well :) Btw, you're really gorgeous and I'm sure it will only enhance your looks so get well soon! :)
Hello ! The surgery itself can range from 10-12k. I had a deviated septum and a history of broken nose when I was little. After submitting everything to the insurance ( united health care) the cosmetic part costs 3500$. I also paid for the CT scan like 500$. The other blood work and the surgery facility was charged to the insurance. The final cost I will know after all the claims have been submitted. But it looks that for now I paid only under $4000. I hope that helps
Happy healing :) I had surgery on Wednesday so we're just a couple days apart. It only gets better from here on out!

3rd day after the surgery

It's Memorial Day today and I am in bed recovering. It's a beautiful day outside which brings my mood to a new high. Today my bruising is almost gone and I can start to feel my face. My face its still swallowen and I feel it like a balloon awaiting to burst. I've been applying the arnica gel under the eyes and placing ice pads on my cheeks and eyes. The gel and the ice definitely helped tremendously reduce the bruising.
Today I also started to eat more food, like mashed potatoes and few soft cookies.
I am so glad that even though its quite a discomfort to sleep with 5 pillows under the head and not feel my face for few days after the surgery, I have never had any pain. I did not take any painkillers and I just had lots of fresh made juices, milk and dairy to get my immune system up and running.
I will upload some pictures in a little bit, after I wash my hair for the first time after the surgery

Day 4 after the surgery

Feeling much better today. Just hoping for the swollen face to get better
You're gonna look amazing, you're already so pretty! And gorgeous hair!!
Thanks a lot. I got my cast removed today and I love the new look!!!
Wow, looking good here! You have very beautiful facial features already, I cannot wait to see what it's like with the cast off! I wish you a good recovery. ^-^! Take care :)

CAST OFF!!! Day 7 after surgery

Today is Friday. Happy the the weekend starts for many, but for me this weekend starts with a new nose and a new look.
Today I stepped outside of my apartment for the first time in 7 days. Such a beautiful day :)
I visited Dr Guida's office to have my cast removed.
The doctor was as always very patient, careful to make my experience pleasant. The doctor described every single step of the procedure and made sure I did not feel any discomfort. I've been reading from your reviews guys that some of you have described the experience as painful. I would describe it as very pleasant. Did not feel any pain or disconfirm besides the funny taste of the spray the doctor used to help me breathe better after he cleaned the nose.
After the doctor cleaned my nose he handed me a mirror to see my new face.
It was a bit of a shock to see my nose straight and without a bump for the first time in my life. I can not tell you how happy I was when I looked a little closer to see that my nose is actually very beautiful and only an artist could make from a deviated nose a very natural looking straight nose.
I know it's still a while until I will see the final result, however the change is much appreciated.
Thank you guys for the kind words and the support, also for your reviews of your procedure. In this community I felt like every day I was one step closer to choosing my doctor and getting a remake of my nose.
I will keep updating my pictures every week so you can see the difference from today until the final result.
Keep writing in realself about your experience and your recovery as this helps a lot of people in doubt.
Thank you for being an awesome community and keep in touch
XOXO
You look fantastic! Congratulations!!!!
Thanks so much I have a consultation with Dr. Guida in a few weeks. Your words are putting my nerves at ease. ( a little bit!)

Before and after pics

Really nice nose! You look fab and still like you! X
Thank you much! Yours looks even better
Wow congrats you look great! I wish mines was that cheap I paid 6700

10 days post op

I wanted to share with my realselfers that I am feeling much better. My nose is still congested and I am still bruised around my eyes and swollen on my face. I've been taking arnica pills to decrease bruising, I hope that will help. This picture is taken today in the morning right before I got into the office after one week off. Any advice on reducing bruising and swelling? Thank you guys
I adore your new nose :)
Your nose looks lovely.. would love to have a nose like that. The surgeons have done a really good job. :)

2 weeks post op

Every day I wake up I look different. Such a journey ;) my nose settles to I guess it's final look. Part of the face swelling is gone and its looking more natural now. I am still fighting with the under eyes dark lines and dry skin from the arnica gel.
sooo pretty! really like the results :)

3 weeks post operation

Today makes 3 weeks since I had my nose reshaped. I still have some trouble breathing clearly through my nose. My bruises under the eyes are gone but I am left with some deep dark circles . Any advice you guys have as far as getting rid of my dark circles?
looks great! My breathing is still a little wonky too :( Swelling on the tip and between my eyebrows is driving me nuts! lol
I find myself still breathing through my mouth at times :) yeah I hear you about the swelling. is not easy to be pretty :)
Hello, I had a consultation with Dr. Guida last week and he is charging me 15,000 and this does not include anesthesia. How was your price so low?

4 weeks after surgery

Here I am at a bridal shower 4 weeks after the surgery. Looks good, feels good. Hoping to see the end result soon

2 months post op

Hello ladies and gents!today it makes 2 months since I had my nose reshaped. It feels great. The tip a bit swollen still but otherwise no complaints. I find that the bridge bone is still there and I hope it will get enter with time. I will attach pictures here for you to see the progress.
Hey one of my consultations is with Dr. Guida ive heard so many good things. Im just wondering how in the world did you only pay 4k? Everyone who's had their surgery with him has paid minimum 12k.
Hello! I had a history of broken bone with my nose so the insurance covered a lot of the procedure

8 weeks versus 6 weeks picture

I put this together to show myself that every week counts towards seeing the final result. Here's a comparison of my nose at 6 weeks and 8 weeks. It seems to me that there's a difference
you look absolutely beautiful. I love your new nose.
Oh thank you Not so sure if I can say the same
can you give another update? I was interested in using this doctor, but it seems like you might be regretting the surgery. thanks!

9 weeks post operation

you are a real stunner,,,absolutely gorgeous.

4 months post operation and I can't see a difference

Hello all, it's been quite a ride so far with the surgery. Shockingly after only 4 months after my surgery my nose looks just like it used to look prior. I'm devastated. Did anyone have similar experience? Please help
You are very prety. Your current nose is amazing! I hope it stays that way or change for the better
*pretty
Thanks a lot It is changing for the better daily :)

6 months post rhinoplasty

Six months passed by quicker than I thought and here I am updating my review
My nose feels more natural now, it looks like it settles in place and I like it.on different days might look a bit different but lately it looks exactly how I wanted
Your nose looks great! Congrats!!!
how is the difference in your breathing now?

6 months after the surgery

I am grateful for an amazing director who made a subtle change to my appearance so I don't have to worry about the angle I take a picture or smile.
I feel perfectly fine, my nose feels normal and I can blow it and handle it just like my previous nose. I do breathe very well, never feel congested and I don't have anymore headaches because of breathing issues. I'll keep you guys updated of my progress.
i don't mean to seem negative but your nose looks exactly the same to me and it still hooks downwards...?
I think you should be looking at the eye surgery section of the site... ;) also, how does your comment help anything?
Hello Thank you for your comment I think my nose looks better than before. That's for sure There are some areas where there needs some touch up and I might get that in the next 6 months

One year after the surgery

Hello dear all
So sorry for a long absence, I was very busy but I found a moment today to share with you some pictures of my nose.
I do breathe very well and I have no complaints about the physiological part.
I've visited my doctor at equal intervals of time to check my nose progress. It's only been 12 months and even though we all like instantaneous results some things come slowly.
My bump is gone, which I am very happy about. The lower side of my nose still has the cartilage a bit turned to right when I laugh.
I spoke to my doc about it and we decided to wait until 18 months after surgery before doing anything.
It was the first time I've done something to the nose and my doc was conservative on trimming which is totally understandable. I might go for a small revision of my tip in 6 months if I feel that I don't like it.
I am very pleased with my nose the way it is now. It is clearly looking better than before.
I keep getting complements from people who didn't see me in a while telling me how good I look but they don't know what has changed. And that's great because I wouldn't want it to be to obvious that I went under the knife.
Sorry for late review/ responses.
I'll keep you guys updated. Thank you for all your support along this journey
You are beautiful. Thank you for posting the updated pictures. It's amazing to see how the nose changes in the year.
I don't think you need a revision. You still look like you but with a prettier nose. The difference is subtle and very natural. All nose jobs should be like that! You look pretty!
Thank you so much !!!

More pics

Lovely result! Profile is so cute.
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon

Very kind and very knowledgeable. The doctor answered all my questions and reassured me that if I have any questions and concerns he's always available to talk to me. His staff is also very kind and helpful. During the day of the operation the doctor reassured me that everything will be great and I won't have breathing problems with my nose. He also showed me the before and after pictures. With Dr Guida I felt a sense of calmness knowing that I am in good hands. The doctor's demeanor inspires trust and confidence. The care that he provides to his patients it's amazing and I would recommend Dr Guida to everybody who is looking to have their health ,well being and appearance get better. I visited Dr Guida's office to have my cast removed. The doctor was as always very patient, careful to make my experience pleasant. The doctor described every single step of the procedure and made sure I did not feel any discomfort. I've been reading from your reviews guys that some of you have described the experience as painful. I would describe it as very pleasant. Did not feel any pain or discomfort besides the funny taste of the spray the doctor used to help me breathe better after he cleaned the nose. If you are looking for someone very soft spoken, gentle and with excellent people skills and manners, aside from talented then you should probably look into seeing my doctor. Words can't describe how he and his professional stuff made my experience so pleasant and pain and worry free. He is not the regular doctor who would talk to you in medical terms and make you more confused than you were prior to seeing him. He explains everything in plain English and he makes sure to answer every question. DR Guida's staff is also extremely professional, very courteous and they go above and beyond to make your experience at the doctor's office very comfortable.