Any Recs for Electrolysis in NYC? - New York, NY

I had been to see an amazing woman in Great Neck...

I had been to see an amazing woman in Great Neck Long Island who practiced the most ancient form of electrolysis which is galvanic but I wish she was still practicing bc I would go back to her! She cleared the areas she worked on and now I need to get it done again but seem not to react well to thermolysis alone. But if someone has a rec...I am all ears! NYC or the 5 boroughs or even LI. Thanks!

KB Electrolysis. Kathy Butters 212-655-5771.
I also like galvanic and so far, I found 2 people in NYC who do it with multiple needle. In Manhattan, I found Barbara Liebowitz, very nice and Arlene Batz. Arlene will only do multiple needle at special request. Barbara does it all the time. I found them both to be very skilled and professional. So far, I have been very happy with electrolysis.
I went to Arlene and she basically refused to do mult needle galvanic. Did she use the mult needle machine on you? I tried blend and it always breaks me out ... Even w Arlene and ALL other skilled practitioners. Who are you seeing now?
I get touch up thermolysis treatments from Catherine LaGrutta in Manhattan and when I get to Queens, Arlene does the occasional body hair for me on my chest. She no longer sets up the multiple needle for me though but still does the galvanic with the single needle. She now only sets up the multiple needle during the week, midday. The multiple needle is a one hour minimum and I don't need that anymore which is why I get the single galvanic. Try calling. Good luck.
Hi hotdoc...I go to Arlene Batz and originally did thermolysis and blend on several areas. I've had amazing clearance all over (I had years of horrible experiences with both laser and then electrolysis done extremely poorly by other people) but on one area my skin was especially sensitive and the hairs were extremely thick and deep. Arlene decided to try multi-needle galvanic on this particular area and I now see great improvement there too. This was only in the past couple of months that she decided to start trying galvanic on me. You should definitely try calling her again. I was at a point where I was giving up any hope of ever getting this hair removed as well as all the damaged skin healed.
I'm so grateful and happy that I found Kathy! I had a bad experience with another electrologist here in Manhattan (who also had great reviews btw) and working with Kathy is a breath of fresh air. I'm seeing fantastic results with no regrowth at all! Kathy is an expert in Electrolysis and a consummate professional. If you want to be hairless, I highly recommend Kathy. I'm thrilled with my results thus far and I will continue to see Kathy until all the long peach fuzz on my cheeks, lip and chin are removed. It's expensive but it's worth it because it works! If you are on the fence about electrolysis schedule a free consultation and test patch to determine if it is right for you.
hi can you pass kathy's info please? thank you :)
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

i see kathy too! I went to Arlene Batz and eventually looked for someone new. Found KB and am very very happy.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

No her name is Tria. I go to weekly for one hour. She she has cleared most of the damage left from laser hair removal. Please never do laser hair removal on your face; it makes fine hairs turn into darker and thicker ones. Now, she is working on the finer little ones surrounding my lip and sideburns. Well, I hope this is helpful.
Is it arlene batz? I've heard she is amazing. Do you mind if I ask how often you go to her and for how long? Has she cleared any areas out for you yet or is it too soon to tell?
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Arlene Batz did great work for me but she is not conveniently located. I saw her on and off for about 2 years and during that time, she cleared my chin. I only see her when I go back to Queens to visit my parents. I am in Manhattan now and see a very nice lady, Catherine LaGrutta.
Hello,

I just received treatment from my electrologist today. She does all methods, is very knowledge about settings, and what types of hairs. I have sensitive skin and my skin reacts with huge scars. I have been to three electrologists, and I find her to be the best. SInce I have been seeing, my reaction is minimal, and my skin heals fast. Not to mention, her prices are far less expensive than what I paid before. She charges me 60 an hour which is half of what I was paying in the city. I can not wait to finish this process, and hopefully be hairless soon enough. I hope this finds you well, and I feel your pain. HEre's her number Tria-1 (347) 476-0868. I take the f train to queens. I wish you well. I feel your pain girl. Hope this helps.
BTW..thanks so much for the referral. I went to another woman in Long Island who is a nurse and was not very good. She left me with some temporary scars (although they healed in 2 weeks).

I hope someone in your area is able to recommend someone. Its always such a bummer when you find a great person, but aren't able to go back to them for one reason or another.

If you end up finding someone please let us know how it goes! :)