Third Time Was Not a Charm! - New York, NY

I had two treatments last year by dermatologist,...

I had two treatments last year by dermatologist, MD. My initial complaint was they did not use numbing cream and the procedure was very painful. I have had three children I can tolerate pain. In addition, they hand you a post care sheet that says 24 hrs at home and you can go back to work on the 2nd day. Yeah right. Not true. It took at least 5 days before you can actually put make up on and not use the post laser gel. Plus you look red, puffy and peeling. I decided to wait a year before doing the third treatment.

This time I had read about the numbing cream and requested it. It made the procedure much more tolerable. Felt pretty good the first day,then it started. I was in severe pain, terrible swelling, my eyes were so red and swollen my vision was blurry. My neck swelled up so much I had a pocket of fluid under my neck. I didn't sleep for three nights from the pain and burning. My whole face and head was throbbing. Advil did not help. By the third day I went back to the Dr office and they took samples off my face and sent them out for analysis. Still no results yet They gave me a strong antibiotic and sent me home. The nurses kept saying "oh you are going to get results, the more swelling the better the outcome." yeah ok.

By night time I felt so bad I called my internal medicine dr because the swelling and redness started to spread down my neck and to my chest. It looked like a lumpy red rash. they told me to double up on the antibiotic and to starting taking Benadryl. I applied cold packs as well. I felt so sick and terrible. I was so scared my face was going to be scarred, not to mention my eyes were affected. I would wake up in the am eyes swollen with pus on them. After 48 from listening to my dr it started to slowly calm down. It is now day 5 I still have a way to go but it is starting to heal. I am still nervous that it won't totally clear up. I so regret doing it. Ladies when this happens it makes you step back and appreciate what God gave us. Let's just enjoy who we are and stop looking for perfection. I will keep you posted and let you know my progress. Think very carefully before doing this!! I do not recommend it especially because the dr does not even have an explanation of why this happened.

Hey there just checking in to see if you have an update for us, hope all is well.

Hi MFPres - sorry to hear about your swelling and pain. I had Pixel Co2 4 days ago and had significant swelling too. It's been 5 months and I'm curious as to how your skin looks now.

Oh goodness you should not have to ask for numbing cream with this procedure! I sure hope everything settles down for you and heals well.

Sorry you had such a painful and unpleasant experience.  Please keep us up to date on how everything is going.

It was my dermatologist for years.