Scarless Moh's Surgery! New York, NY

Dr. Khorasani saved my face! I had a tiny mole...

Dr. Khorasani saved my face! I had a tiny mole next to my nose and after a routine skin scan and biopsy, was diagnosed with basil cell carcinoma. I needed to have Moh's surgery and was extremely nervous about what this was going to entail and how my face would look afterwards. I met with several doctors but chose Dr. Khorasani based on his online reviews and stellar credentials- Chief of Division of Mohs, Reconstructive, and Cosmetic Surgery at Mt. Sinai.

He was sympathetic yet confident and calming throughout the process. He made himself available fielding questions via phone and email as if I were his only patient; I really appreciated this. It's been 2 months since the surgery and the scar is barely noticeable. I would not even think of seeing another doctor if I have to have another Moh's surgery. The anticipation can be daunting but if you're going to Dr. Khorasani, you have nothing to worry about!
New York Dermatologic Surgeon

Glad your procedure went well and that you're happy with your results. How was your recovery? Did it take about 2 months for you to completely heal?
Hi Beth. My recovery was pretty simple. I only had one phase and my stitches were internal. I had a large bandage for the first 24 hours and then I had to keep the steri strips on for 4 weeks. I didn't look great during that time but I didn't have any bruising and got used to wearing it. Once that came off, I was good to go! Please let me know if you have any other questions.
I'm happy your recovery was smooth. I think the month or so of steri strips is worth it in the long run. Congratulations!