Exceptional Doctor and Mohs Surgeon - New York, NY

A few months ago I needed a doctor who performed...

A few months ago I needed a doctor who performed Mohs surgery and my search onlinen led me to Dr. Khorasani. I am truly grateful to have found such an exceptional doctor. I was anxious about the procedure sice the skin cancer was on the ala section of my nose, which I understood to be a potentially tricky spot to repair. I was relieved after two stages of excision to be told that the site was clear, but I still had a substantial opening on my nose that needed closure. Dr. Khorasani used a repair procedure known as an Island Pedicle Flap and, upon healing, my nose looks like it did before the surgery. I recently went for my follow-up visit and was told I could have dermabrasion to eradicate the signs of surgery but, since the scar is so minor, I may just leave it alone.

New York Dermatologic Surgeon

I gave this rating because Dr. Khoarasani is an exceptional doctor and Mohs surgeon. I chose him based on his fine credentials and the comments I read online from patients who had gone to him. Dr, Khorasani and his team helped ease my nervousness and made me feel confident that I was in good hands no matter how extensive the tumor proved to be. In my search to find a skilled Mohs surgeon, I found the best!

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I am so happy to hear the area was clear and the cancer was removed! It is absolutely wonderful to hear that things healed up well also.

What did you have to do to care for the area after the surgery?