Can't Believe I'm Doing This! - New York, NY

I am 41 years old and finally began doing things...

I am 41 years old and finally began doing things for me when I turned 40. Got out of my unhappy 18 year marriage, lost 60 pounds, got a new job. And finally am going to do something about this huge belly. It's something I've wanted to do since I can remember. I just can't wait to feel better about my body!!

This time next week I know I will b in pain but I...

This time next week I know I will b in pain but I know it will b worth it. Posted my before pix. Can't believe I'm showing what I spend most of my life hiding. Can't wait to post after shots!!

I don't know what happened to my previous update:(...

I don't know what happened to my previous update:(. Oh well. I'm PO day 3 n feeling great. Off pain meds just Motrin. I thought pain would b a lot worse. Standing up n sitting down is a lil rough but other than that walking around pretty straight. My parents r staying with me so that makes my life way easier. Recliner has been a lifesaver. Also my zip up robe is what I've been living in. Makes dealing with the drains so much better. Going to see PS tomorrow n hopefully I can shower. Been draining quite a bit of fluid so I doubt he will take out drains tomorrow. Took some pix. Pretty gory looking but my pouch is officially gone!! Yea!!

PO day 8. Parents left:( but at least my kids r...

PO day 8. Parents left:( but at least my kids r here, they r 16 n 17 so a big help. My drains r bothering the heck outta me. I'm gonna beg my ps to c if he will take them out before Xmas. Having some company n don't want to b in pjs:). Really standing up straight. Back starts to hurt after walking for a while. Sleeping on recliner is more comfy than the bed. Tried to sleep in bed last night, not to good. I'm still very swollen. But I'm down 12 lbs since my surgery a week ago!! I can't believe it. Been eating very little...just not hungry. Posting some pix from this am. Still not much definition, hopefully I will see some soon. I did have lipo of the flanks n hoped it worked;)
Lenox Hill Hospital

My hairdresser!

Hi, that's where my daughter and I are have our surgeries. Please keep us posted on your recovery.
Wow 12lbs amazing. I hope your drains come out soon, it makes life so much easier.
Congratulations on the new you. Take it easy happy healing. Jizfiya
Looking good yep the pouch is gone
Hi TT Sister... I just wanted to check in and see how your surgery went!!
I'm feeling really good. Off pain meds n walking kinda upright. So far pleased with the results. I'm swollen from lipo..PS told me he took off 13 lbs of skin n fat! Omg!! How bout u?
Hi there - I'm doing fine! I am so amazed at how little pain I'm feeling and how good my mobility is... when you read all the experiences here, you know it can range from horrible to nothing... but you just don't know where you're going to fall on that gamut until go through the surgery... I posted an after photo on my profile and I haven't see my tummy since, so maybe today when the nurse comes to change the bandages, I'll try to stand up and take a pic.
I'm the day before you! You're going to look great!
How exciting! U will also look amazing! Day before me...keep updating and good luck;)

Welcome to the community!  How amazing that you have made so many wonderful changes in your life!  Proud of you girlie!

Keep moving forward and finish this journey and we will all be here to support you.

Thank u so much for making me feel welcomed! Can't wait to complete this journey!

Only a few more days:)