Totally Worth It: Upper Bleph and Co2 Laser - New York, NY

I had been considering eyelid surgery for quite a...

I had been considering eyelid surgery for quite a while, because I always had heavily hooded lids and down turned shape that gave the appearance of tiredness. My eyes looked...sad, frankly...and not in an alluring Betty Davis kind of way. As I entered my thirties, though, it became even more pronounced, and I also developed skin laxity and wrinkles on my lower lids.
Now, I wish I would have had the procedures sooner. The surgery and recovery were a breeze and I was able to return to work-a rather physical job, at that-in 14 days. The redness from the laser dissipated quickly for me, too-in about a week.
I had managed my expectations, thinking that "some improvement" was a most realistic outcome.
To, me though, it is a significant betterment that pleases me, daily. (and the first time ever, i could wear eyeshadow and eyeliner. Yay!)

Wow your results look fantastic!  How long did it take before you felt like you could see your final results?
Thanks Jill- yours too!!! (and now I think I need me some Botox. Looks great!) With regard to the upper bleph, it was about 3 months before my lids took the shape that they have now; before that they were definitely more almond shaped and the skin was more taut. What I read, though, is that results are variable and sometimes it could take a year or so before you see the actual, final result. (I kind of liked how they looked immediately post- op, too-but they did start to look more natural as time passed... I really should have taken more photos to document and share). The laser tx was of moderate strength-to my understanding-and did a great job. The results were pretty immediate and unchanging. It is said that with the laser, you could actually see more improvement in time- that you continue to benefit from the treatment-which is kinda cool. I, however, smoke incessantly and probably would have enjoyed even better results if I listened to my doc and exercised a little will power... but I'm still pleased as pie.
It took me 8 months to see my final results, but it seems like the upper blephs heal faster.  I'm really digging the botox!  I think you look great, congrats.

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

I don't know that I can fully express my satisfaction with and respect for Dr. Halaas. From the initial consultation to the post operative ones, she exceeded my expectations and made the experience seamless, comfortable and accommodating. Each of my questions and concerns was patiently and thoroughly addressed; her office manager and staff were not only supportive, but very knowledgeable and well equipped to impart information. While bedside manner and particularities are not of much importance when selecting a surgeon, they are an additional benefit to her SKILL AND TALENT!! My objective was to have my tired looking eyes and heavily lidded hoods restored to a more youthful appearance. Dr. Halaas was able to do just that, and to improve the asymmetry that I had, in addition. My results are natural looking... Drastic, but somehow subtle...and I really couldn't ask for more. I am TRULY TRULY GRATEFUL!!!