Sleepy No More - New York, NY

I was motivated to get this surgery after a few...

I was motivated to get this surgery after a few years of the puffiness under my eyes getting worse. I'm a 35 year old single guy and NYC and I've become a bit of a homebody over the years (and in one of the greatest cities in the world that I"m lucky enough to live and work in) because I just look tired all the time. I don't feel very confident.

I've considered this surgery for about 6 months.

My goal after surgery is to get out to more social and volunteer settings

6 days before surgery and I'm quite nervous.

Ok, night before the surgery. I've had a busy...

Ok, night before the surgery. I've had a busy week of traveling to visit my parents, prepping my apartment, and puppy sitter since I live alone. Hopefully I didn't tire myself out too much. I'm still quite nervous and looking forward to getting this done and over with. I've posted a few before photos. I'll post after photos as soon as I'm able to. Wish me luck!

*yawn* after a little over 24 hours of laying on...

*yawn* after a little over 24 hours of laying on my back and icing my face I have very little swelling, but my eyes look a little droopy. I've avoided sunlight, I'm keeping my apartment pretty dark, and when I need to look at my mobile phone or laptop I put my dark sunglasses on and keep the usage very brief. I'll add 2 more photos to my review.

*yawn* after a little over 24 hours of laying on...

Ok so it's been 4 days and the results are pretty...

Ok so it's been 4 days and the results are pretty shocking. It looks like I never had puffy eyes at all! I'm so relieved and happy. My eyes are still a little bloodshot, but I have no brusing or any other side affects of the surgery. And to think it's only going to get better as the weeks go by leaves me...speechless. I'll include another photo with this post, and I'll probably just update weekly now.

Just under 2 weeks and I'm feeling pretty good. ...

Just under 2 weeks and I'm feeling pretty good. There's still a little redness on my eyeballs, most of not all of the swelling is gone. I'm the happiest I've been in a long time. I'm just waiting for the doctor tells me I can get back to physical activity now. Tomorrow is my follow up appointment. I'll update again with his comments on my recovery.
Amiya Prasad

Hello Im interested in this doctor can you tell me if you had transconjunctival bleph and update with pics. Thanks

I used Dr Prasad and love him he did such a great job on my eyes also and the recovery was quick!
I agree we vote you change your status to "totally worth it"!
hi there - you're pics look really good - are you still a 'not sure' though?
Wow I love seeing your post-op pics, you look great (and how cute is that dog). Congrats on a successful surgery!
Looks great! Thanks for the pics. Are you still happy with Dr. Prasad? I'm thinking about an appointment with him.
Ok Mr. Out and About ,we see ya.....and you look marvelous! So happy for you, and thanks for the update!
Any close ups to post? I'm excited to see your progress. Any problems so far?
I'll post the one I have on my work pc....
Thank you so much for sharing. Your results look awesome! Why did you need to keep mobile phone and screen time to a minimum? I have my surgery in 6days and have a phone addiction;(
There's no rules. It's just that you'll probably have eye ointment in and it's hard to see the screen. Sorry mr. Sleep no More for jumping in
The doc says it puts additional strain on your eyes, and takes longer to heal in the short term. In the long term he said it doesn't matter much.
Oh cool, thanks sleepless n 7.
You look Fabulous!
Thanks. lol.
You look awesome! Congratulations for choosing a good surgeon. I´ve seen his videos, he appears to be a real specialist on eyelids
Awesome!
How did you decide on Dr Prasad? He has multiple videos on you tube and presents himself well. Were you referred?
Morning Blep444, I was not referred. I initially found Dr. Prasad though a basic Google search. I then searched and couldn't find any bad reviews on him. That was enough to get me to go in for a consultation. He's warm, inviting, and very confident (so much so that it honestly scared me and came across to me as nonchalant upon my entire time with him). But as well as my surgery and healing is going his confidence is understandable. lol He's also dual board certified. I'll admit I don't understand this as well as I should have. Some board certifications are more important than others. I believe there's one board certification by the Board of Plastic Surgeons or something to that effect and he has that one.
Thank you. I'm glad things are going well. Anxious to see you new pics!
YOu look great at day 4! Wow! Did you have lowers only done? Did they go in from the inside of your eye? I am having my upper and lowers done in 3 weeks...... A little nervous as it is my face, know what i mean?
I only had my lowers done as well as that vampire facial. I'm sorry I forget the medical term. lol. Thanks for the kudos. My healing is going great. My eyeballs are still a bit red. I'm assuming this will fad over the next week. I was very nervous as well. Just make sure you research your surgeon. Mine was board certified.
WOW you look really nice and just 4 days post- op. It is my understanding that your results will continue to get better as you heal. Sooo happy for you. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for the well wishes!
Sleepless_nyc, Your eyes look great! I'm so happy for you! Whenever someone posts before having surgery I get really nervous for them because so many of us have had horror stories. I've been thinking about you and am so thrilled and relieved that your eyes look good. You probably have residual swelling, which will be totally gone by three weeks or so. But your lower lid position looks great and you don't appear to have any sagging, so I think you'll be fine in the long-run. Congratulations!