Lower Eyelid Skin Pinch - New York, NY

My lower eyelids had gotten a crepe-y look. I...

My lower eyelids had gotten a crepe-y look. I imagined that if a surgeon could simply get rid of the excess skin, it would be exactly what I needed. CO2 laser three years ago for this problem didn't have much effect. I had been advised by a few PS's against the procedure due to risk of making it look worse. So glad I persisted until I found the right surgeon!

New York Facial Plastic Surgeon

I had a lower eyelid skin pinch done 7 weeks ago. The excess skin bothering me is not there anymore, and I am very pleased. Dr. S is a highly skilled and very honest surgeon. I had consulted with a few others, and either they didn’t want to do any surgery to fix my problem or recommended a more complicated (and expensive) operation. My experience from consultation onward was 100% positive—professional, pleasant staff and beautiful offices on the east side. I would not hesitate to use Dr. S’ services again.

Is a skin pinch different than a lower bleph?
Lower bleph usually involves more than the skin pinch--removal of skin and fat and tightening muscles. The skin pinch is removing excess skin only. I had a lower bleph where those other things were done 18 years prior, so at this stage my only problem was excess skin.
LIke you, I had the remova of skin and fat about 20 years ago. 5 months ago, I went in for a full face-lift and wanted my lower eyes done. I was not told what procedure would be used for the lower eyes. I am so sorry that my PS did the lower pinch as it failed. When my face was swollen and bruised, I thought I would have a good outcome. But I don't and my PS says my cheeks are swollen (they aren't) and that within a year, the lower eye area will be ok. There is zero improvement and I am upset because it is a long distance to travel to get them done again. Not to mention that I am 69 and take a long time to heal. I don't think the skin pinch will be any better the next time around.
Sorry to hear you weren't happy with the outcome of your skin pinch. I wonder why you think it "failed." Was not enough skin was removed? Too much? Do you think your expectations about what this procedure is supposed to do were managed incorrectly? Even though I had the procedure and I am still happy with the improvement a year later, I still need to do other things (filler in tear troughs to decrease a hollow look; Botox for crow's feet) to minimize a wrinkled look under the eyes.
Hi Crystal, my only problem with mylower eyes was the excess skin. The PS did the pinch method this time. When my face was swollen, my lover eyes looked great! When the sweling gone, it is the same look as before. Hollowed out.
HI Crystal,My lower eye surgery failed because my eyes have the same hollowed out look as they did before surgery. See my other comment to you. My expectations were to have enough excess skin removed so that the hollowed out look was not there. It just didn't work at all. I haven't heard of fillers in tear troughs. I'll mention it to my surgeon as an option for me. I won't be having any revision done before one year as per his recommendation. I'm glad you did ok with your eyes. Have a nice weekend.
Hi Crystal, O the second line of my response to you, I meant to say "lower" eyes, not lover eyes. But, lover eyes might be fine. LOL
Thanks for the information! Yes, getting a competent surgeon I'm sure is crucial, especially dealing with your eyes!! I had a bad experience with a laser clinic that left me with scars on my chest, so I'm very scared now to do anything... but my eyes are really bothering me. Slowly but surely I'm getting the scars on my chest resolved, but its been 3 years and a lot of treatments to correct. Thanks for the tip about Restylane. Maybe I will try that first before going as far as surgery. Anyway, I'm glad you had such good results :-) Your eyes look great!!
Thank you. Yes, it just removes excess skin. It's now 8 weeks since the surgery. Without eyeliner, under bright light I can see a little bit of a scar near the lash line, but I don't think anyone would notice it other than a plastic surgeon looking for it. With eyeliner the scar is not visible at all. The "after" pic I posted was at 3 weeks after surgery. Even then, as you can see, with eyeliner the scars were not noticeable. I don't know anything about a blue coloring issue, but to decrease the hollow look under my eyes I get good results from having Restylane injected in the area a few times a year. For the skin pinch operation, I have heard many times how very important it is to get a highly competent surgeon to do this, as there are a few potential ways it could go wrong and give you a worse problem than what you had to start off with.
Great results!! I have never heard of the skin pinch procedure. Did that just remove excess skin? Did the incision leave a scar? My lower eyes are really starting to bother me, creppy and hollow looking with blue coloring. I wonder if skin pinch would correct these issues?
Gabrielle, I have now posted the before and after pics.
Crystal, where can I find your photos? Thanks.
Crystal,
Do you have any before and after pictures to share?
Thanks
Gabrielle
Crystal,
Glad you are happy with your results. Thanks for sharing.