Dark Circles and Tear Troughs - New York, NY

I have never had dark circles or tear troughs....

I have never had dark circles or tear troughs. Over the corse of three years my face has taken a change for the worse in my opinion because I feel like I aged. I have lost confidence in my look and one problem I have been dealing with is the lack of sleep. I believe it's the true cause of my change because other than that I have been eating healthy and drinking plenty of water. I have this line that runs across my cheek, also i have lines under my eyes that become more prominent when i smile. I have gotten acne here and there due to stress which has given me some acne scars. I also have redness of the cheeks and oily skin. I am only 24 and I think I am way too young to be dealing with these issues. One thing I care about is my look because I am also trying to become an actor and I lack the confidence in my look. PLEASE help me with my flaws and give me the best advice on fixing them. I have faith in correcting my problems but I am just tired of it. Plus my parents don't seem to care much about it.

I honestly put this post up with pics because I...

I honestly put this post up with pics because I wanted people that can give me the best advice for my situation. I'm at a low point in my life and I really was counting on this site. I am starting to lose faith in this site but if no one can help me, I am going to go look for advice elsewhere. So I am giving this one more chance.

I'm sure there are some noninvasive things that can buy you lots of time. You look young and handsome. ;)
hi has any one heard of carboxy thereapy or cryo-therapy..? im told it helps reduce dark circles under and around the eyes considerably to improve tired looking eyes? has anyone tried it..?

We have some info about Carboxytherapy on Realself:

You don't need anything now. Maybe in 10 years from now ! You can barely see anything.
don't do anything. you look fine as is.
Hi Keith_24. I think you look great and don't need any surgery. maybe just some filler? But I would be careful with that too. There are lots of horror stories and you are so young. Enjoy your gorgeous face!
Thank you laurallay001 for the advice and I appreciate your kind words. It does help my confidence more. :D I am skeptical about fillers but if I did it I would make sure its a doctor who is top notch.
You should try doing the VI Peel precision plus and i recommend you use OBAGI C Rx complete system for maintenance on the skin. Also the OBAGI eye cream. I also recommend you go to http://www.vipeel.com/vi-peeltm-4-unit-with-precision-plus.html, http://www.obagi.com/patients/product-line/obagi-c-rx http://www.obagi.com/patients/product-line/elastiderm-eye
Hey Imtiaz! Thanks for the help and I have heard of obagi. I am going to give it a try. How great is the VI peel precision plus. Also what is the price like as well.
Hi, I honestly think you are very goodlooking and have absolutely nothing to be worried about! You look gorgeous! It's amazing how much we can all look in the mirror and pick ourselves apart when in actuality we look lovely to the people around us. I promise I wouldn't say this if I thought you had any cause for concern, but honestly you look great. Everyone can get a bad picture of themselves if they stand in unflattering lighting, and that's what causes most of our insecurities about our looks. I hate what I see in the mirror most of the time but if I take a step back and try and be objective I know that really I look fine, it's just my insecurities getting the better of me. It may be the least popular thing to say on this site but - you are not your shell - you are the person inside, your exterior is the least important thing about you.
Hi hannahtams! First I would like to say thank you very much for your kind words I greatly appreciate it. My problem is that I lost so much confidence in myself from worrying so much about what's bugging me about my face. I have been just trying to except it for what it is and trying to remain positive that all is going to be alright but it seems so uneasy to. You are totally right about how we can just pick ourselves apart and the unfair lighting can have the insecurities get the best of us. Your advice and words about me looking great does make me feel better though even when I feel like I lack the belief in it but again thank you very much this was helpful mentally.

Hi Keith, Welcome!

It might be a good idea for you to use our doctor Q&A section. Basically, you ask a question, which is sent out to board certified doctors and they then write to you with their responses. You will get an email each time a doctor responds. You should get some great advice from the doctors.

Thanks Kristy for letting me know as that may be the sole reason why I have not gotten any advice yet.
Hey Kristy am I able to repost this with my pics in the Q&A?

Hi Keith,

You have to keep your question to 500 characters, so you won't be able to just copy and paste, but yes, you can put this question and your photos, in the Q&A.