Dental Implant Worth It. - New York, NY

The implant procedure was exhausting even though I...

The implant procedure was exhausting even though I was sitting passively in a comfortable chair. My jaw bone needed reinforcing with small pieces of donated bone material to strengthen the implant (I am rather thin boned to begin with). The way each piece of reinforcement was hammered in impressed me as remarkably blunt with each hammer stroke (but necessary). No pain, just exhausting. You may not need this extra procedure.

IT WAS WORTH IT. It is so much better to have an implant that feels natural - I do not have to worry about it - I floss and brush around my implant like all my other teeth. No problem. This was two years ago.

This procedure took place at the New York University Dental School in NYC. The students are already working dentists who work under direct and constant supervision by a very knowledgeable senior dentist. I liked that they discussed with each other in front of me the pros and cons of each procedure they were about to undertake. I got a full picture and did not feel like I and would ask pertinent questions that were answered on the spot by the team.

New York University Dental School, NYU University.

I am not difficult to please as long as the the staff is responsible and doing their level best given the circumstances. I do expect complete honesty and no patronizing nonsense. I expect all staff, from receptionist to physician, to be thoroughly professional in both attitude and execution of skills, just as I am in my profession. Over time I have learned that if the office in no adequately clean, the staff alert and responsive, to just get up, leave, and seek another physician.