Get these things OUT - Explant 7/26

I'm not even sure where to start. I got my first...

I'm not even sure where to start. I got my first set of implants back in 1994 and then had them removed during infertility treatment in 1999. I went on to nurse my twins (girls, 11 yrs old) for 10 months. I looked like I had empty bags on my chest so I had my implants put back in.

Over the course of the last eight years my natural breast has started to sag over the implant and it really bothers me. I know the only people who see them are me, my husband and my girls but I still don't like it. There is nothing wrong with them. They don't hurt, they're not leaking and they haven't caused any medical issues (I was able to have a fine needle biopsy with no interference from the implant). I just don't like them and I want them out. I no longer associate myself or my beauty by my breasts.

My husband asked me this morning if I was ready for this. I understand his concern but I have worked on the deeper seeded issues and feel I'm ready to be me. I'm not getting a lift and I don't even care that by breasts are going to be "saggy." I just can't wait to feel warm, squishy little boobs again.

I'm doing my removal as an in office procedure with a local. My doctor as performed several of these and said if I wasn't a candidate he would have had me to it in the hospital under general.

One more week and "free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty I'm free at last."

OMG, the day is here! I can't believe in just a...

OMG, the day is here! I can't believe in just a few hours my implants will be out. I'm a little nervous! I appreciate all and any prayers. Thanks!!

So, after I had my implants out yesterday I went...

So, after I had my implants out yesterday I went for a pedicure; I thought I deserved it : ) Then I went and picked up the kids and we went home. I made dinner, cleaned up and then decided I'd had enough. I was starting to feel pain from the incisions. I took 2 extra strenght Tylenol and hit the recliner. Dr. Harris called to check on me and all was good. I feel asleep on the recliner and when I woke up I was uncomfortable. I took 2 more Tylenol and went to bed. I didn't sleep well all night because I was on my back; I was tender when I tried to lay on my side.

This morning I woke up and was expecting 2 girlfriends with their kids to swim in the pool. My doctor said I could wear whatever felt comfortable. I planned to wear my sportsbra with bikini bottoms but decided to try on the new top I bought before the surgery. I wore it for 3 hours by the pool.

I don't know what I expected but I feel GREAT! I can't believe I had my implants out yesterday and feel like this just 24 hours later. I'll post some before and after pictures tomorrow.

I finally posted pictures. I put captions but...

I finally posted pictures. I put captions but they don't show up. The first 5 pics are right before I left for my surgery; the one with the bandages is the evening of explant; the next 4 are the morning after explant...the "big" (LOL) reveal; and the last 3 are one week post op. I couldn't be happier with my results. They're warm, soft, a little saggy and yes they're small but it's ME!

Be well everyone!! xoxo