Get these things OUT - Explant 7/26

I'm not even sure where to start. I got my first...

I'm not even sure where to start. I got my first set of implants back in 1994 and then had them removed during infertility treatment in 1999. I went on to nurse my twins (girls, 11 yrs old) for 10 months. I looked like I had empty bags on my chest so I had my implants put back in.

Over the course of the last eight years my natural breast has started to sag over the implant and it really bothers me. I know the only people who see them are me, my husband and my girls but I still don't like it. There is nothing wrong with them. They don't hurt, they're not leaking and they haven't caused any medical issues (I was able to have a fine needle biopsy with no interference from the implant). I just don't like them and I want them out. I no longer associate myself or my beauty by my breasts.

My husband asked me this morning if I was ready for this. I understand his concern but I have worked on the deeper seeded issues and feel I'm ready to be me. I'm not getting a lift and I don't even care that by breasts are going to be "saggy." I just can't wait to feel warm, squishy little boobs again.

I'm doing my removal as an in office procedure with a local. My doctor as performed several of these and said if I wasn't a candidate he would have had me to it in the hospital under general.

One more week and "free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty I'm free at last."

OMG, the day is here! I can't believe in just a...

OMG, the day is here! I can't believe in just a few hours my implants will be out. I'm a little nervous! I appreciate all and any prayers. Thanks!!

So, after I had my implants out yesterday I went...

So, after I had my implants out yesterday I went for a pedicure; I thought I deserved it : ) Then I went and picked up the kids and we went home. I made dinner, cleaned up and then decided I'd had enough. I was starting to feel pain from the incisions. I took 2 extra strenght Tylenol and hit the recliner. Dr. Harris called to check on me and all was good. I feel asleep on the recliner and when I woke up I was uncomfortable. I took 2 more Tylenol and went to bed. I didn't sleep well all night because I was on my back; I was tender when I tried to lay on my side.

This morning I woke up and was expecting 2 girlfriends with their kids to swim in the pool. My doctor said I could wear whatever felt comfortable. I planned to wear my sportsbra with bikini bottoms but decided to try on the new top I bought before the surgery. I wore it for 3 hours by the pool.

I don't know what I expected but I feel GREAT! I can't believe I had my implants out yesterday and feel like this just 24 hours later. I'll post some before and after pictures tomorrow.

I finally posted pictures. I put captions but...

I finally posted pictures. I put captions but they don't show up. The first 5 pics are right before I left for my surgery; the one with the bandages is the evening of explant; the next 4 are the morning after explant...the "big" (LOL) reveal; and the last 3 are one week post op. I couldn't be happier with my results. They're warm, soft, a little saggy and yes they're small but it's ME!

Be well everyone!! xoxo
Dr. Harris

Hi Kat0173,

i am having mine out on the 4th sept through a local with sedation. I am really really scared about the local bit, and also that i have cap contraction on my right side but my PS assures me it is ok to explant under a local! How was the local for you? Did you feel any pulling when the implants were removed? Do they inject local into both breasts?? I have no idea how it will be done. Your breasts look really lovely. You have given me hope that i will make a quick recovery under a local (and save me a few pennies too!!!)
That's a tough situation to be in. Maybe you could go for a few consultations and find out just how much it would cost. Hopefully, he'll come around.
Thank you Krystle!! Are you thinking of explanting? Or have you?
I would love too...but my husband isn't exactly supporting the idea. And he controls the checkbook. But yes, I will, one of these days!
You look beautiful!!!
I'm glad you finally found something you can wear AND is comfortable. What brand is it? I measure a 34B too, pleasant surprise :)

I had a post op appointment today and everything is great! Talk to you soon!!
Hi Kat

How are you keeping? I found a nice wee sports bra today that fits a treat and holds everything in tight but is comfortable so will be buying a couple more I think. Pleasantly surprised its a 34B, I couldn't even fill an A cup before! X
Hi Kat

Still not found a tighter bra that feels right! I've not been too bad today with a crop top on and I popped a Silicone Sally special in the other side so I don't look lopsided, lol! X
I would think as tight as you can on the left. I didn't have the sloshing but I really think having it tight might help. Let me know. X
As to hear your out and about and have more energy. Are you wearing a tight sports bra? I really think that might help. I am enjoying my weekend, thanks! Talk to you soon!!
I should proofread, I meant...glad to hear you're...
Ha ha. I knew what you meant! Went shopping for a tighter sports bra today. It's difficult to gauge what size to get tho as I'm lopsided (left side still quite a bit bigger an sloshy). Let the fashion parade commence! X
Hi Kat

Back to doctor on Thursday 9th. Still got sloshing on the left but not as uncomfortable today. Took kids to the Highland Games today and I'm tired but not as exhausted as I was yesterday when I went out. Hope you're having a good weekend too. X
Lainey,

When do you go back to the doctor? have a great weekend!!

Kat
Hey Kat

Took the car out for the first time to meet some friends for a coffee then get some shopping, I'm shattered, who would have thought it would wear me out so much! I've taken up residence on the sofa again to recover! Other than that, things seem to be settling down a bit. Take it easy. X
Laineylou and Niknik, thank you so much!! Laineylou how are you feeling? Nik let me know how you do.
You look amazing!!! I have my "reveal" in a few hours, and if I look like that I'll be thrilled :)
Hi Kat

You look fantastic! Still can't believe you had it done under local! So happy for you. X
Get some rest and listen to your body. You'll be poolside before you know it. I was in my backyard with good girlfriends who were very kind and supportive.

I haven't posted any pictures yet but plan to post tomorrow; before, day after and 1 week post op.

Take care and happy healing!!
Kat I am glad to hear you are happy with the results. That's fantastic you are already lounging at the pool :) I feel good, just a little sore after my explant today.
I'm done and feel like a weight has been lifted off my chest. I did it under local and was awake the whole time. That was a little weird but all is good and I'm free!! In and out in 2 hours :)

Thinking of you today. When you feel up to it, please let us know how it went!

Thanks
Hi Kat

My Pre-op is 25th and op on 30th July. Will keep you posted. Good luck for 26th, I'll be thinking of you.
This Thursday, 8/26. I wasn't sure either but my doctor assured me I'd be ok and that I wouldn't feel a thing. If I wasn't a candidate he wouldn't have recommended it. When are you getting yours done? Good luck and let me know how you do!!