Brazilian Butt Lift - Not Sure? - New York, NY

Still not sure of results at 5 weeks post op. For...

Still not sure of results at 5 weeks post op. For starters I already had a booty, but was looking for a bit more volume and roundess. The money i spent included lipo of the flack, upper back and tummy area. I figured since the fat for the BBL had to come from somewhere take it from those areas. Overall I see a nice shape when i look in the miorr from the front, not happy on the lack of projection from the side and some days i get very swollen and it feels like i haven't done much. For all the inconvenience of the pain, downtime and expense I'm not sure i can say that the BBL is worth it. I think the lipo was but still have to wait to see the 100% results. See my pics and you be the judge. Let's hope that in a few more weeks things heal and the waist gets smaller and the butt gets fluffier as the doctor has promised. Would love your comments and thank you to all the BBL ladies who have shared your journey on RealSelf. Your stories have been both informatiive and inspirational. I'm doing my part by posting my experience.

You actually look great b4 too but even better now. Thanks for sharing your journey
I went to see him for a consultation and felt like he was rushing it.

Greetings, I am 6 weeks post op and I am changing...

Greetings, I am 6 weeks post op and I am changing my review to relfect "Worth It". For starters, please note that if you think that immediately after this procedure you are going to come out looking like a barbie doll you are setting yourself up for a big disappointment. At 6 weeks I am now finally seeing the shape of my butt which I wish was more like a Salama booty but I guess the doctor worked with the fat i had which wasnt enough to give me a huge butt, but he did give me a bit more volume and shape. In terms of the lipo, I'm still a bit swollen and been informed that I will not see the full effects until about 4 months out of the procedure, however the brusing is all gone. Morale of the story is that it takes time to see results and we also have to be realistic about our final outcome. By the way if you notice my last pic you will see that i have a scar from a tummy tuck done by Dr Severo Mercedes in the Dominican Republic in 2008 which i came away extremely satisfied with.

Hey Hun you look amazing , I'm looking forward to go to Dr severo acosta how was your expirience with him ? If you don't mind sharing
You look great! Yes it takes time for full effects. I am almost 3 months and still have swelling at times. This Lipo isn't a joke. It was painful to recover from. Barbie has a flat booty by the way! lol You look awesome! enjoy!
Hi nubooty2012, how are you doing? I know these pics are from june but you look great! Hope all is well!
New York Plastic Surgeon

No sure if this was worth it since I'm waiting on results which doesnt seem consistent in that one should definetly see results immediately following a BBL even if its not perfect because we all know that post op healing is a process. Dr Yager's staff is really nice but he seems to be lacking some bedside manners, I saw him the day of my consultation and the day of my surgery (by the way he was gone before i woke up from my operation in the recovery room, something that i didnt appreciate, even though i was told he called several times to see how i was doing) and didnt see him for a while after that. My post op visit 4 days later was with his assistant and my 2 week post op which i had to reschedule making it a 3 week follow up I had to demand that it be with him because again i was going to be scheduled with his assistant. Again his staff is great, his anesthesiologist Dr Pete is great he called me pre and post op to see how i was doing, more than Dr Yager did. Hope the final results are worth it, verdict is till out.