BBL Experience with Dr. Shahine - New York, NY

I went to Dr. Shahine's Brooklyn office. He...

I went to Dr. Shahine's Brooklyn office. He wasn't there but the staff was very friendly and helpful. I was quoted what I thought was a good price and booked my surgery. I was told I could meet the doctor anytime. I went back to the office 3 times and he was never there. But there were always girls in the waiting room talking about how he does a good job showing off their bodies so I wasn't really concerned that I hadn't actually seen him. About two weeks before my surgery I went to make my final payment. I was given the address for a place to get garments, and told my surgery would be done in the manhattan office and that office would call me the day before with all the details. 2 days before surgery I called to manhattan office to see what time I would have to go in.

The woman who answered the phone told me she had no idea that it always changed and they would call me two hours before I had to b there. I said that wouldn't work for me because I'm coming from Long Island which is almost two hours away. She said to call back the next day. I called the next day and was told my surgery was scheduled for 7pm but wait until I got a call to come incase the doctor was running behind. Long story short I was supposed to have my surgery the 26th around 7pm. I wasn't told to come in until the 27th at 530am. I didn't see the doctor until about 8am. He explained to me what he was going to do. When he told me I would be awake I freaked. I was very upset. I automatically assumed for a procedure like this you would be sleep( which was dumb on my part for not checking) if I would have known I was going to be awake I don't care if he's the best surgeon in the world I would've went somewhere else. It was horrible, first the anesthesia was given with a need needle to all the area he was going to work in. This process sucked he assured me that was the worst part and I would be numb and only feel pressure after that. He was wrong. I have a high tolerance for pain and I cried through the whole procedure.
My sides and back weren't so bad but when he did my stomach it was horrible he told me it was because i had a hernia. after doing one side he stopped and gave me more anesthesia and pain medication which didn't help. After he finished the lipo I was tempted to say that's it. I didn't want to do anymore. He told me injecting the fat would only take 10 minutes. That process was a little painful because you feel your skin stretching but it was quick. He took pictures and the nurse got me dressed. They gave me one extra diaper. And told me to put a yoga mat under my garment. I wish they would've told me that before so I could have been prepared. I'm currently at day 4 in my recovery and my stomach still hurts a good amount. I wish I would have read some if these reviews first now I'm really worried. Overall i an happy with the results my stomach is flat and I do have more of a shape. I just think my stomach should feel better by now.
Dr. Ayman Shahine

I had a little lipo done on my sides and back in Feb. 2013. I was a size 4 to begin with, just wanted to tweak my figure to make it look cleaner. He made me look worse. Also, I waited 13 hours to get operated on and during follow-ups, he makes you wait 5 hours while his staff continually lies that he's on his way, he's parking etc, etc. He does not provide a garment, once you're operated you're on your own. He does not refer to a chart for his patients, the only chart is one done with handwritten scribbles when you go in to hustle you on the price. His staff is BEYOND unprofessional. Worse of all I developed 2 seromas (liquid filled sacs) on each side of my abs and when he finally saw me, he said that's how my body was shaped. He is beyond sloppy and unprofessional. Value yourself, your body and your money. Go to a Dr that is professional and has a professional staff where you will be treated with the respect you deserve.
You are healing very well! But I'm confused .. He said to put the yoga mat inside your garment? How , where??
He said to cut it so it fits my body. The reason is because sometime people don't get the right kind of garment than an impression is left. I tried cutting a piece to fit my stomach than my bottom but I didn't have luck so I just used pieces underneath where my garment was extra tight.
Ok ok gotcha .. So it was similar to putting in a board?
So now I am officially giving this bbl a second thought....I have a high tolerance for pain I gave birth to all 3 of my kids natural with no epidural....BUT THIS being woke I'm sure I have had surgery once and that was a week ago to get my wisdom teeth pulled nd I was out of it but it wasn't all that bad with the of my prescribed Oxy's... Do Salama keep his patients awake as well?
Please do your research! I checked out this doctor and found out that he is an ob/gyn. NO OTHER DOCTOR DOES THIS PROCEDURE WITH LOCAL ANESTHESIA!
My doctor is double board certified plastic surgeon and does this procedure under local anesthesia. You have the option of which type of anesthesia you would like. I chose local(there was no change in price ) but my preference to choose local. I did wake up during the procedure but it wasn't that bad. Your body just underwent MAJOR surgery it's going to be painful as it heals. I'm 6 weeks post op and still have a little pain. Is it as painful as week one..NO . So the point is it gets better.
i pray u get evrything u wanted out of this. i hope ur pain us over very soon so u can start enjoying ur new body. :)
Thank you! Today is a week and I am feeling a ton better.
thats good 2 hear.