do not let him do Roll Cit on your face - New York, NY

To improve minor acne scars on my cheeks. I was...

To improve minor acne scars on my cheeks. I was told it was a safe and minor procedure that did not change your skin or the way you looked, but only improved the quality of skin.

New York Facial Plastic Surgeon

I went to him to improve minor acne scars on my cheeks. He said that the Roll Cit would really help soften them and that there were no side effects. Since the procedure my skin has never been the same and my face has suffered major negative side effects. My face has sunken in and I now know did not heal properly. The youthful plumpness is gone from my face. He overworked my face and most likely was too aggressive (he told me he was very aggressive, a good thing in his estimation.) My face is still very tight and most likely has scar tissue resulting from his aggressiveness. It's uncomfortable to even smile sometimes. I have to now look elsewhere for corrective procedures to try and alleviate the tight feeling, but don't know if I will ever look the way I did before. From what I now know, this procedure can be VERY dangerous to the face if done wrong. And I was charged $5,700. The normal price is around $2,000. Please do your research and don't do this procedure. Acne scars are nothing compared to facial fat loss and facial pain.

Hi Miracally,

I'm not familar with Roll Cit, what is it?

-Britt

Hi Britt,

It's a needling technique that uses a roller with needles. It is rolled over your skin and is supposed to create a minor injury that makes your body produce its on collagen to heal itself and thus plump out scars or wrinkles. The needle length varies. The 3 mm Environ Medical Roll Cit was used on me. But after doing research after the surgery I've read that it can actually create terrible injury to the skin. It derived from another traditional technique called needling which I have read is very successful in treating acne scars. Google both and you can read some info on it. When I did research before the surgery there was only positive info on the roll cit. That's why I've made a point to review Dr Miller and the procedure, to help others know the dangers of the procedure if not done correctly. I'd gladly answer any more questions you have.

~Miracally

Thanks for posting your review, that's why we're here and hopefully your review will help others. So what do you do now, can you get it fixed?

-Britt