Labia Amputation Performed Without Permission - New York

I did the surgery for medical purposes my labia...

I did the surgery for medical purposes my labia were a little big and wanted to only get them trimmed not to get amputated.

My experience with Dr Scott Newman started out...

My experience with Dr Scott Newman started out okay I've used him before for a breast augmantation and it turned out fine. But when I asked him about doing a consultation with him about possibly doing a labiaplasty procedure I wish he was honest enough to tell my he didn't have enough experience. Instead he mislead me knowing that I trusted him in doing the procedure. He took my money and completely removed my labia (lips), he performed an amputation instead of just trimming them.

Now I've had conversations with him and he says that he perfomes all of his labiaplasty the same. I have pictures of the procedure but because of the type of pictures you have to check my blog to see the pics.

New York Plastic Surgeon

Hi my name is Cristina and I went to Dr Newman for a simple procedure and he performed an amputation. The procedure I got was a labiaplasty.

I had surgery nearly 3 weeks ago and the gyno took majority of my inner labia dispite be asking her to leave some, however, my biggest concern is that she reduced my clitoral hood and my clitoris seems to be attached to the minimal amount of inner labia. My clitoris now protrudes like a miniature penis and is really tight. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to go from here? I can't stop crying, I've looked all over the Internet and can't find any that look like mine! :(

You need to be examined by an expert labiaplasty surgeon. I would recommend Dr Di Saia (my doctor) or Dr Alter.
I think you are fortunate as I have always wanted my clitoris to protrude. You will find that as time goes on it will become less sensitive and will give pleasure from touching your underwear. My friend has such a clit and it is like a small circumcised penis and it is something that I have desired for a long time.
I would email Dr Gary Alter, he does labia reconstruction, he says you only get one chance to reconstruct, he will ask you to send photos for evaluation, if you can't afford him, save until you can, that's what I'm going to have to do, I can't afford for it to go wrong again, I've never cried so much in my whole life either, but just save and get it fixed.
It is sad this happened to you. Woman need to accept that all vaginas are different. Men love them....... and if you date a jerk who says alter your vagina....... get rid of him cause he is a jerk. Tell him to alter his penis with knife. And no guy ever said he isn't having intercourse cause your lips are too big. Please!!!! As for your doctor...... they all have a conflict cause they want your money.... So they all say they do this and can do this..... They want your money. Woman also freak about their vaginal smell...... Hey, if it's clean...... it's fine. And worse case, there are actually foods that make the ph of your vagina smell great.
You have obviously never felt the pain of having you vagina pinched and pulled during intercourse. Don't make assumptions about why people have medical procedures.
You are right.... I've never had that happen to me. In other posts I have stated that if their is a legit reason, such as the one you stated, then it might be a medical necessity. But to do it cause you think it looks better, that would be crazy. In Australia, the government actually leads women to believe that the "normal" vagina has lips that do not protrude. That has lead to a boom in perfectly healthy woman feeling they are deformed and having unnecessary surgery. And of course, many are botched and they girls suffer for life.
It seems like you had the "barbie" surgery,
Hi, I've been considering the surgery I live in the uk, is there anyone had it done in the uk and would like to message me with your experience as I don't really no who to talk to and where to go about getting it done. Do I go talk to my actual doctor or?
Hi, I'm from the UK and have just started procedures to getting labiaplasty. After years of deliberation (I'm 23 but have wanted this surgery since about 14) I finally bit the bullet and saw my GP. She was hugely understanding and respectful. She referred me to an NHS cosmetic surgeon, but you can go private if you have the money. I met yesterday with the surgeon, who supports the procedure, I just have to wait for the okay to get funding. Hope this was useful for you. Good luck!
Try Pall Mall clinic in Manchester! had mine there 8 weeks ago!
Don't be foolish! Don't let any doctor cut your vagina....... Vaginas come in all shapes and sizes. Don't think you are not normal. You are. Reconsider before you ruin your entire sex life......... If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
I had mine refined not cut and I love it. Then again I went to a good doctor and had a quality surgery.
okay, you are not reading these reviews right, most of these procedures were done for medical and other reasons, not just for looks or for an idiot boyfriend
They are done for aesthetics, which includes more than appearance but function! There is also a huge psychological element in all forms of cosmetic surgery!
Did u ever go ahead?
Aesthetics refers only to appearance. The word for function is ergonomics. Fix your grammar before you try to give other's advice. Moron
Lol exactly !
No need to be rude and condescending ! Aesthetics is philosophical, ergonomics is mechanical! I am happy with what I have for! X

The same thing happened to me. I now have only 2 instead of 4, and haven't had an orgasm with my husband since the surgery 3 years ago, whom I had just married when I got the surgery, so we were newlyweds, newly deprived of fulfilling sex. I can do it "electronically" but not during sex, as there isn't enough there to create feeling/friction anymore. We both gave up trying after the first year. So sex is now solely to please him. I love the looks, but miss the sensation I lost by having half my genitals removed without my consent.

Well if you had the surgery I had, you would be loving the sex too. All labiaplasty is not the same ladies. Get the quality doctor or don't have it at all.
sorry to hear that.... my labia play no role in sex at all, as a matter of fact, they usually get in the way or get crushed... Clitoris and vagina orgasms are the only ones I get.
Hi, did you ever get this looked at? I had that problem and I'm not only experiencing my labia completely GONE and botched, I also have a constant "pinching" or "poked with a needle" feeling in the area where stitching were. It's horrendous. I don't even know if there's enough left to do a revision. He left skin on the top, appearing excessive and making my everyday activities VERY uncomfortable. It's should NOT be allowed and I advise you to seek an attorney, I have.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-