OMG Im Nervous!!! Having Mommy Makeover in May..Full Tummy Tuck, Lipo, Breast Implants with a Lift

Hi I am 31 year old mother of one boy-12 yrs old....

Hi I am 31 year old mother of one boy-12 yrs old. On May 28th I plan to under go a full mommy make over. I have wanted this for over 10 years now I have the chance.

I cant tell everyone how nervous I am about my procedure. I worry about the pain, the scar, the anesthesia, my overall appearance after. By no means am I a large woman. I am a healthy size 4-6, 125lbs, 5'3 (depending on the outfit).

After I had my one and only child at 19 I was destroyed. During my pregnancy I got the worst stretch marks I had ever seen. At the time I was so young and didnt realize how permanent those scars would be. Ive tried every cream that is out on the market. Nothing ever helped. I go to the gym 4 times and a week and no matter what I did there was no way the stretch marks would go away or my abs would ever get firm again.

After years of fantasizing about the surgery, a month ago I finally went on several consultations and booked my surgery for May 28th with a fabulous doctor on the Upper West Side in NYC.

I joined this site for support and also so I can get an idea of what to expect. I am pleasantly surprised with most of the results...in my mind everyone cant be wrong!

My mom and sister will care for me after the surgery, so in that sense I am lucky..I just wish the date would get here already!!! As the date gets closer I will continue to update and post more pics.

Hi Ladies, its been 7months since my surgery. I...

Hi Ladies, its been 7months since my surgery. I have ZERO regrets!!! I love my new body. My belly is near perfect. Only complaint I have is the scarring around my nipples due to the breast implants. I may have to go back in to correct the scarring. Even with that, I would not hesitate to do it again. I still have complete numbness in my abdomen, and it feels a little strange. The scar on my belly is nice and low and flat. Good luck ladies!

I dont see what was wrong with your body before... Id rather have that than go through surgery and have scars and numbness, and fake boobs....
My surgeon is operating by himself with out any help sewing so he said for my MM it would take him between 8-10 hours. I am concerned about being out for that long. Any comments?
You look awesome!!
Hey Hun you look beautiful. What an amazing job!!!! Can you pls tell me what dr you went to and where can I find her, Thanks a ton!!!!
hello how are you, love your pictures I'm researching for my surgery I'm looking to have a mommy makeover. I love in NYC question who is your Doctor and do you recommend him/her for my mommy makeover. my story is similar to yours I'm not fat or nothing I just have sloppy breast and a horrible stretch flabby stomach. Dianne
I'm sleeping on my sofa w lotsa pillows.I regret not buying one. If u can rent one from rent a center or a medical supply store. I have major back pains now :(. My drain tubes came out today. I don't care what anyone says it HURTS like hell! Those tubes are thick and embedded deeply in ur pubic area. Now imagine having someone yanking them out?? Yes that painful!! I did see my results and its a far cry from what I was before. I am now walking upright but I get tired very quickly and easily. Still in lots of pain but everyday its getting better..I get to take my 1st shower in 6 days tmrw yaaayyy!
How are you sleeping of you don't have a recliner? I don't have one and I really don't want to buy one.
Hi everyone! 3days post op and I did it. Had my tummy tuck, BA w a lift and lipo of my flanks. How does it feel? My honest opinion-like I was hit by a mack truck. The pain is excrutiating!!! The first 48hrs are the worst! Thank God for my mom and friends bc this is smthng you CAN'T do alone. My mom has to spoon feed me my meals, wipe me when I use the bathroom,etc. Its like being a baby all over again. Surprisingly what hurts the most are my breasts!! I keep getting shooting spasms also the space btwn my breasts is really sore. As for the tummy tuck its a searing burning feeling in the groin area. Also the tubes are a little painful and keep getting in the way.I see my Dr Wed and that's when she will remove my drains and I can then see what I look like! I'm super excited to see the results! My advice to you ladies is to go into this with a realistic mindframe. The pain is so bad you almost regret doing it. But don't worry bc once you see the results there will be no regrets. Oh yea a recliner is a must. I didn't get one and my poor back is paying the price. I will post updated pics once I'm able to.
How did your surgery go? I hope all is well. We'll be waiting for your update!
4178anon I feel ready...its weird bc my body is ready and most of the time so is my mind but @ times Im anxiety mania!!! I just want to wake up OK!!! I dont think I will sleep Thursday nite...To prepare I filled all my prescriptions. 5 in total. Percocet for pain, Zofran for nausea, a muscle relaxer, an antibiotic and another drug for swelling. I have a part time house keeper who will come by and clean my apartment on Thursday nite before my surgery and she will come by every 2 days after to clean. My mom is staying with me for the 1st week-Thank God! My son is 12 so he's not a bother @ all. Also he will be with his Dad for the Memorial day wknd. Kindve sucks bc Ive been invited to all these bbqs but I cant attend :( My other concern is how big Dr A will make my boobs. Im getting 280ccs filled to 290 or 300. She told me to trust her..which is all I can do @ this point. 3 more days OMG!! I will try to update w after pics once the surgery is done. Are you nervous about your surgery??
Do you feel ready? What have you done to prepare? Good luck!
Count down begins-6 more days!!!!
Came back from my pre-op today. Paid off my balance-God it feels weird paying all that $$ but cant wait for the end results!!! Dr A answered all my questions and put my fears to rest. I received all my prescriptions as well. The count down begins. 15 days and counting omg!!!
How exciting! Keep us updated with your recovery.
RMLD- Oh the itching!!!! I told my husband it was messing with my mind. My doctor gave me some samples of this stuff called Kelo-cote that helps with scaring and itching, that helped a little but I think that is definitely one of the biggest obstacles. I got my drains out on day 7 and it was strange. I had no idea how long they were...about 10 inches! They take them out in one fluid, very quick motion. Not super painful just very odd. As far as #2, I took a gentle otc oral laxative on day 4 and it worked. They take 6-12 hrs. I am now on day 15 and feeling more and more like myself every day. I took my kids (1,2, and 4 yrs old) to get there pics done today and went to 2 bday parties...totally over-did it. Try to stay down for as long as you can, you will be so much better off in the long run. I'm hoping to post pics tomorrow!
Thanks, Happy momma. I did the same for #2, and it worked. My PS not to shower til my drain is out, but I was losing my mind, so for mother's day, I told my husband that I'd take giving me a bath as my mother's day gift. We covered everything that was not suppose to get wet & it went fine. However I noticed that the itching was getting better & I was starting to swell where it itched. That's when it occurred to me that I may be having an allergic reaction to Vicodin. Girl, Benadryl was down my throat right away. Then my inner thighs got swollen by day 6 that it was like I had balls in between when I walked. I spent the whole day sitting on icepak & had one in between my thighs too. The swelling went down a little bit. The drain is suppose to come out today, day 7. I can't wait. It stings & burns already and not draining as much anymore. And that smell! Ewww! Yukkkkk!! It's one of the reasons I was losing my mind. So hopefully it won't be so bad too getting it out & when it's out. I am getting depressed bec I can't play with kids whenever they wanted to play with me & I can't do anything else. I feel so helpless & unfit! I can't wait to start feeling like you too. Eventhough my emotional turmoil slowed down late last night, I still feel like on the verge of losing it. I said to myself I shouldn't go to the kitchen. Otherwise I might stab myself with a kitchen knife. I'd like to laugh at myself for even thinking that, but you know how you can't help thinking of weird things when you're about to lose your mind. Maybe you haven't been in situations like that in your life, but I have. And it's so hard to be patient with things that needs time to get better. I just want to keep sleeping so that I'll be 2 weeks post op now too and I expect to be feeling good just like you. Thanks so much for the advice.
I go in for my Pre-OP appt next Wed..anxiety mania!!!
Good luck on your appt!
Happy Momma how are you feeling??? Please keep us posted!
I had my Tummy tuck/lipo/breast lift/implants 6 days ago and am feeling pretty good. I too was sooooooo nervous about surgery. The day of surgery, whenever I would get nervous I told myself, "I am surrounded by capable hands that will keep me safe." It sounds really cheesy but I think it helped. Good luck!
I guess we're not far apart in our procedure. I am 4 days post op today, and though I can't yet say I feel pretty good, I am getting better. I had the same stuff done but with periareolar lift. I guess that's more minor than the traditional lift. Lipo of flanks, abdomen, & inner thighs only. It's not killing me pain, but stinging. Are your drains out? I still have mine for another weak, but dressings are off, so I can somewhat appreciate my flat but swollen abs and full but high up breasts. Do you have problems with itching all over? Have you been able to go #2? Bec those sure are my 2 primary concerns right now as I type.
I'm very excited for you. I am 30 yo with 2 kids who are 4 & 2 yrs old. I'm having a tummy tuck, lipo of front of abdomen, flanks, & inner thighs, and breast aug with 450cc next week (I'm a 36A rite now & that much should make me a full C). Like you, I'm nervous too, esp I've never had any sugeries in my life. But I have a husband who's very supportive despite the timing I chose and my sudden definite decision to get it done. He's doing the count down for me. When we got married 3 yrs ago, I was very heavy but I couldn't have gotten it done then anyway because I knew we were still going to have annother one. So it's good you're getting this done before your wedding. I'm sure you will beautiful!
ive had a tummy tuck about 5 years ago, i am noticing a slight bulging above my b elly button, anyone had this prob lem before.?
Another thing I am taking a total of 10days off from work..is that enough time to be off from work considering Im getting a TT,breast implants and lipo. My surgeon says yes but Im still not sure..