My LASEK Experience - Excellent !! - New York City, NY

My LASEK experience was excellent, I got the...

My LASEK experience was excellent, I got the surgery done in July 2009. I did extensive research on all the different eye surgery's that are offered(ex. PRK, LASEK, LASIK). I talked to some of my friends that got the LASIK surgery done there exact words were " it was the best thing i ever spent money on". I searched the internet for hours viewing all the different sites for and against.

Once i decided that I wanted to get the surgery, the next step was finding a good doctor. In New York, as I'm sure in many places there tons of doctors who do the surgery. Some are cheap, and some are expensive.

I went to a couple of different places, and did the free consult. One place, was one of those chain eye surgery offices. I did not feel like I was getting personal attention there. I was just another person on the conveyor belt, getting my eyes cut.

I visited maybe 5 or 6 different doctors before I found the one I wanted to the surgery from. This Doctor only offered the LASEK surgery.

When I went for my consult, the doctor looked at both of my eyes, he did various tests in different machines. After reviewing all the test he determined I was a good candidate for the surgery. I made my appointment.

The day of the surgery, the doctor tested my eyes again to make sure nothing had changed and my eyes were healthy. As i was getting prep for the surgery, various drops were put into my eyes to numb them. It stung for a few seconds and then went away.

Once the surgery actually started each eye only took about IDK 30 seconds or so. I did not feel a thing the whole time. After everything was finished I sat up, the doctor told me to look outside at a billboard on one of the buildings. My eyes were a little hazy from the drops and surgery but the picture was very clear. I was amazed, since my whole life I have been wearing glasses.

My recovery time was about a week, pain was mild but i basically slept the whole time. The doctor told me the more my eyes were closed the faster I would heal. I took all of my medications and drops exactly as the doctor told me. It seems some people do not do this, and then there eyes get infected or messed up. I do not think anyone would want to take a chance on this. Since we only have one pair eyes.

Its now about a year and a half after the surgery and i am super happy with the results. I have slight glare at night but only if i am really tired. If I throw some drops in then I'm fine.

It is a great feeling waking up and not having to wear glasses/contacts. Plus I can now wear cool Sunglasses.
I can now say that this was the best thing I ever spent money on.

Questions are Welcome!

New York Ophthalmologist

Staff and Doctor were very professional. Office was very clean and organized. Any and all questions I had about the surgery were answered. The procedure was explained to me in great detail.