33 Yrs Old - Tummy Tuck After 4 Kids - I'm Nervous

I'm a mother of 4 (twins 12yr, girl 11yr and baby...

I'm a mother of 4 (twins 12yr, girl 11yr and baby boy 9months). After an 11 year gap I recently had a beautiful baby boy. In between that gap I exercised not regular but same what often my belly still had that pouch that have hated for so long. After having 7.4lbs and 7.4 twins 12 years ago my stomach was never the same. I have so many stretch mark I know having a TT would get rid of all.

So I finally got the courage to go for a consultation, and I was convinced the surgeon was great she made me feel real comfortable. She answered all my questions but she told me I need to lose 15 pounds to get the best results. Surgery date is May 5 excited and nervous. Hopefully I can lose the weight..

My husband is not happy with me doing the surgery I need some suggestions on how to make him understand it's my body and I'm not happy. And is it too soon to do it my son is 10 months and I had a C-section???

Hi please advise what Dr. your going to in NY for $4000.00.
Please tell me the name of the PS you went to.
never mind I got it, thanks.
I will post my pictures soon
Hi nikki, could you please post some pictures of your results when the time is right, i would really appreciate it. thanks.
Hi can you give me the name of the surgeon, I asked you this before you received the surgery however I just forgot her name, You said the ear and eye infirmary on 13th st?
Dr. Chung she's located in the 14th Street, the address is 301 East 14th street NY,NY 9th floor.
I had a set of twins about the same size and have worked out for 3 years. I got my tummy tuck yesterday. I feel pretty good.
So I did it on May 5 2010 at 7am I went in for my surgery. I spend a night and the next day they send me home. Today is my three day and Im feeling better no longer taking the strong pain killers. I'm not in much pain just feeling sore from the lipo and my ab muscle. My drains are comming out on Wednesday can wait to see the results,I'M SO EXCITED!!!
hi what is the name of the doctor, causse i am interested for a tummy tuck.I have 2 children on is 6 year old and the other one is 1 year old, but now i am not sure if I need a lipo or tummy tuck,I need aaan opinion or recomended doctor.thank you and good luck
My baby is almost 7 months old and I just had the surgery done yesterday. I don't think it is too soon and neither did my PS. I would try and lose the weight recommended. They know what is best for us! :) Just eat really well and workout. Make sure you are burning about 500 calories more than you eat a day. I recommend running or kickboxing. I am a huge fan of turbo jam. I lost about 20 lbs doing it. It's so fun! If you want any tips or anything I'd love to chat. Let us know how you are doing!
hey ms nikki.. i ws wondering if you could tell me the name of your doctor? i reside in NYC and im looking for a surgeon myself.. i recently went to 1 and his prices are insane.. so i would like to find someone affordable.. and goodluck the day is near
I did not work out before my surgery and im doing wonderful i had my tummy tuck on yesterday and im doing wonderful just a little pain its not bad at all my back does not hurt i feel good its my secound day out good luck.
I have a question about losing weight before surgery.why did he say that? My surgeon never mentioned it at all..how would I know if I need to do this? I havent really dieted yet and wasnt planning on it! Help!
Well my doctor said I have a little puff on top of my stomach that won't give me a 100% flat stomach. So she recommened me trying to lose it by surgery date. It was just a suggestion so I can get the best results.
I am in a very similar situation! I am 33 and have 4 kids (twins who are 7 (boy and girl), and then a 2 year old and 1 year old boy (s) - only 1 girl out of the 4! I never got any stretch marks but I just have this shelf on my stomach that will not go away!! I also nursed all four for over a year each and my boobs well..you know..:) I am going in on May 18 for a tt, BL and BA. I am scared but am excited too!! I am very new to the message boards here but looking forward to giving and getting support!
I had my tummy tuck last monday, March 29. I can advise that you definitely work out like crazy. You have enough time to get in decent shape. DO NOT WASTE TIME. Eat clean. This is important to every day of your recovery. The more you work out and really choose what you put into your body wisely, the better your recovery will be. Start taking zinc and vitamin c. Drink water til you pee clear, every day. I was in tip top shape going into my surgery and 4 days post op I surprised my surgeon by walking upright to my post op, I didn't need narcotics after the second day, and getting around was so much easier when your upper body is strong. Do push ups, get a pull up bar and do the best you can. Push yourself;this is not some magic pill that will make you look perfect. You have to meet it in the middle and DO NOT EXPECT IT TO LOOK PERFECT AT FIRST. It will be swollen, it will look like its been in a war. But keep the end product in mind. Be realistic in your expectations. If you do nothing else, at least get into the best shape you can in the time you have. Especially if you have a baby in the house. You will recover so much easier. Good luck!
Thanx for the advice I haven't done any exercising but i have read a lot of the posting and a lot of people said the same thing. I'm taking victamins, cut down on carbs and I'm drinking more water than normal. I'm going to start on those sit ups and push ups..
whats the name of the surgeon??
I am scheduled for a tummy tuck on April 21, so I can't give any advice regarding post surgery. I think it is important to have your husband in support of your decision. You will need his help, if not financially, at least with the children's and your care afterward. My husband said he wouldn't do it himself, but said he would support me if I decided to go through with it. It is a good thing, because he will have to take at least two days from work in order to take me to the clinic and pick me up again; he has already taken me to a consultation and pre op. Whatever you decide, please keep us posted. Good luck.
Good luck with your upcoming Tummy Tuck. Be sure someone else can help with the kids while you recover. Lifting your 10-month old will be off limits for the first several weeks.