Simply the Best - New York

For confidence! After long consideration, I...

For confidence!

After long consideration, I decided to get breast implants. It was definitely not an easy decision since I haven’t had any kind of surgery before. Plus, I didn’t even have a stitch on my body. The easiest part of the whole process was selecting the right plastic surgeon. I did a lot of research, spent a lot of time in front of my laptop and took a lot of notes to compare several plastic surgeons. The answer was easy. All the reviews he had on many different websites were impossible to disregard. And one more thing, when I first sent an email to him, he replied personally on the next day.

During the first consultation, I felt like I was talking to a very close family member. He has a sense of humor. He knows how to make patients feel relaxed and comfortable. He takes every second with his patients personally as if it is his personal matter. My husband also agreed on it. It was total opposite of my ‘a little arrogant’ eye doctor whom I see once every six months to check up on my chronic dry eyes. He discussed possible options I have and responded to my questions with easy-to-understand language. After the first consultation, I set the surgery date with his staff. Due to my school and finals, I had some limitation with possible dates. But, she was very patient with me when I was trying to change the date several times.

I was alone for the second visit which was why I was a little more nervous than I was during the first consultation. That nervousness completely disappeared as soon as Dr. Engler came into the room and greeted me with smile. He took several pictures and discussed what he would like to do to give me the best look possible. I had no second thought. I trusted him.

On the surgery day, my husband and I arrived at the office way to early thinking that the office would probably be closed and we would have to wait outside. Guess what. Dr. Engler was there before anyone else showed up and welcomed us. My husband was very happy about this. Before the surgery, I talked with the anesthetist to go over any medical conditions and medications I was taking. It wasn’t business-like conversation at all. He was very kind, friendly and easy to talk to. The nurse was very thoughtful and caring as well.

When I woke up, I first thought what happened? Is the surgery over? I felt like I just woke up after deep sleep. No pain, only a bit of tightness in my chest. Dr. Engler constantly contacted my husband to check on me. He was happy to talk with my husband and open to any questions my husband had. Although it was end-of-year holiday weekend, he called and checked how I was doing with genuine care… for that I truly appreciate.

One more very important thing I must point out. I took just one pain pill during the whole process. Even that, I took it only because my husband insisted not because I felt any pain. It was, and still is surprising how fast my recovery was. To be honest, I was a bit nervous about the recovery process when I read other people’s review. I barely felt any pain. It was just like a bit of tight feeling in the muscle after workout. I believe that it truly proves how great Dr. Engler is!!

It has been just about two weeks since the surgery. Dr. Engler is still concerned about how I am doing and feeling. He truly cares and I feel thankful and lucky.

Just to summarize all I had to say above, his work is brilliant an exquisite. He knows what he is doing. He knows what is best for you. And he TRULY cares about you.

New York Plastic Surgeon

It sounds like you had a great experience throughout this journey! Thank you for posting your story here on RealSelf! What sort of implants did you go with?